You can set Outlook as default mail application on apple macbook. Whenever on mac you click on an email link in a webpage or in an application to send a new message. You will notice that your default mail client automatically launches. Unless you’ve set Outlook Default Email On Mac, the Apple Mail application (called Mail.app) is set as default. Feb 05, 2020 Mail is likely the default email app on your Mac, but just in case you have others downloaded, you can set the default reader. Here's how: Launch Mail from your dock or the Finder. Click Mail in the menu bar at the top of the screen. Click Preferences. Click the dropdown next to Default Mail Reader. Click the app you'd like to set as the default. If you want to use a third-party email client like Microsoft Outlook, Spark, Airmail, etc., the default mail client be easily changed on a Mac. First, launch the Mail client on your Mac (it's inside the Applications folder) and then go to Mail Preferences. Click on the General tab and look for 'Default email reader'. Select another mail.
Oct 29, 2019 Hi Zmclearan. I have the MS Outlook app installed on my iPad and it works with my hotmail account. I would like to make the MS Outlook app my default mail app on my iPad. I’m using software version 13.1.3. Jul 22, 2015 Is it possible to set outlook app as the default mail app instead of the 'Apple' mail app. I pretty much love the outlook mail app on my iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4 so I really much want to use the outlook app as my default mail app. Every time I try open a mail link that I want to send a mail from.
Certain actions that you perform on your Mac will cause default apps to open. For example, clicking a document may open Pages. But what if you want Microsoft Word to open instead? You can also set your default web browser and email reader.
How to change the default Mac app for specific file types
- Right-click on a file that uses the file type you'd like to change the default for. For example, one with a .jpg extension (a photo).
- Click on Get Info in the pop-up.
- Click Open With if the section isn't already expanded.
Click the dropdown and choose an app.
- Click Change All..
Click Continue when the Finder asks you if you're sure.
Now any time you open a file with that extension, the Finder will automatically open it with the app you've selected.
How to set your default web browser
- Launch System Preferences from the dock, Finder, or by clicking the Apple icon in the Menu bar.
- Click General at the top left of the window.
- Click the dropdown next to Default web browser.
Click the web browser you'd like to use as the default.
How to set your default email reader
Mail is likely the default email app on your Mac, but just in case you have others downloaded, you can set the default reader. Here's how:
- Launch Mail from your dock or the Finder.
- Click Mail in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click Preferences.
- Click the dropdown next to Default Mail Reader.
Click the app you'd like to set as the default.
First person shooter apps for mac download. In this first-person shooter game, you can unlock and open all maps. Best First-Person Shooter Action Game Welcome to play Counter Terrorist Shooting Game!Multiplayer character fighting game, a scene up to 5 players. Only good operational control in the war game mission in order to play the power of a variety of weapons. You can train your shooting skills and improveyour weapon operation ability.
Let us know in the comments below.
Updated February 2020: Updated for macOS Catalina!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.We are open
Apple Sanlitun, Apple's newest store in China, is opening today
Apple has announced that its newest retail store, Apple Sanlitun in Bejing, is opening to customers in the area later today.
Change your default web browser
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu.
- Click General.
- Choose your web browser from the 'Default web browser' pop-up menu.
Change your default email app
Mac Outlook Default Mail Client
- Open Mail.
- Choose Preferences from the Mail menu, then click General. Or, if you're prompted to set up an email account, add your account, then choose Preferences from the Mail menu.*
- Choose your email app from the 'Default email reader' pop-up menu.
Make Outlook Default Mail App On Mac Computer
* You can also set your default email app in the preferences of your third-party email app.