To prevent DVDs disc from scratches or other events, to save a large room for the house, to play DVD movies on Mac, no matter what the intention is, most of us would like to make a backup of the DVD.
So, we need software that can do the job. In the market, there are various programs like DVD Copy, DVD Ripper, and some video converter that can do the DVD backup. But usually, people will prefer to use the DVD ripping software for backup purposes.
WonderFox is an excellent software with 3-easy steps to complete the dvd ripping process.It allows you to rip most of the DVD to various audio video formats like AVI, MP4, MKV, MPG, etc. You also can save the ripped files to portable devices like iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, blackberry, and many more. With the embedded dvd decryption technology, this ripper is able to remove DVD. The software is easy to use and takes less than 3 steps to Rip any type of DVD or Blue ray disk. The DVD Ripper supports a variety of formats such as AVI, MP4, MKV, MPG, among others. You can save any of the ripped files to Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, blackberry, iPhone, iPad among others.
The DVD ripping software also called DVD Decrypter. Most of the dvd ripping tools can be used for Windows and Mac while some only available on the Windows version. In this article, we will introduce how to rip DVD on Mac using freeware and paid software.
The Free and Paid DVD Ripping Software
In this section, we will introduce the best free and paid Mac dvd decoders to help you convert or backup your DVDs on Mac OS X.
Download free netflix app for my device. ✕ Can You Download Netflix On Mac?If you're asking whether you can download Netflix shows on Mac then it's important to note that despite there being no Netflix app for Mac, there's one for iOS devices and for Windows.While the only legal way to download Netflix movies is via the Netflix app, there are some less-legal solutions advertised online for how to download Netflix shows on Mac.If you've seen advertisements splashed across the internet saying that you can download Netflix app for Mac, they are a scam. And as there is no Netflix app for Mac, many paid subscribers aren't able to download their favorite series and movies, hence are missing out on being able to watch Netflix offline.If you own a Mac, pay for a Netflix subscription, and want to know how to watch Netflix offline, there are a number of fast, easy, and legal solutions that will let you have a cinematic experience.While one can't simply download Netflix on Mac, listed below are a few quick and simple workarounds to try, so you can enjoy Netflix on the go. Record any part of the screen and edit video easily.With Netflix being the biggest subscription service on the planet and more than a billion Apple devices in our hands, many are surprised to find out that there's no Netflix app for Mac. Often these dodgy tech traps involve installing malware onto your Mac, which will leave the operating system looking like a scene from a horror movie.Unfortunately, if you've downloaded such software in the past, your Mac may already be affected, so it's vital that you check your computer for viruses.
1. The Best Paid Option: MacX DVD Ripper Pro
MacX DVD Ripper Pro is a best overall DVD ripping software for Mac. Beside normal dvd ripping, the program can remove Macrovision protection, CSS encryption, sets the disc’s region to ‘0’ (region-free), and is capable of removing RCE region checking. The program is able to copy ARccOS copy-protected DVDs and also backup the legally-purchased DVDs onto your computer hard drive.
So, you should know that most of the free dvd ripping software is unable to rip the copy-protected discs. Follow the step-by-step guide below and you will know how to use the MacX program to rip all kind of DVDs:
- Please put your DVD into your Mac computer DVD drive.
- Download the MacX DVD Ripper Pro and install it. After completed, open the application.
- Click on the DVD Disc icon (above left corner) to let the program access the disc. Click OK. You will see a list of files was loaded in the program.
- Click on the Output Format (above right corner) and choose the intended output format from the ready-made hundreds of audio/video file formats. Click Done.
- You also can do some adjustments to the video like video bitrate, framerate, resolutions, etc.
- Then, choose the destination folder i.e., the output destination. Tick the High Quality Enginecheckbox to ensure the output quality is higher.
- Lastly, click on the big RUN button to start the ripping process. Since this program is fast, you can expect the output in maybe 20 minutes (depending on the types of DVD).
Remember that this particular software may not be the best option if your top priorities are conversion speed or the capability to fully customize your output DVD. However, with unique preview capabilities, quality video output along with a Mac version apt for Apple devotees, Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper proves to be a decent application. That best DVD burning software for Mac that comes with a free trial that I am going to introduce you today is called Leawo DVD Creator for Mac. Leawo DVD Creator for Mac can burn almost all kinds of video files like MP4, MKV, WMV, AVI, VOB, BDMV and so on to a DVD disc. Dvd rip software, free download - Power DVD Rip Studio, Agree Free Rip DVD to AVI WMV MPEG MP4 Ripper, Agrin Free Rip DVD to AVI DIVX MP4 FLV, and many more programs.
If you prefer a video, then watch the following video on how to rip dvd on Mac.
Posted on Feb 21, 7: For example, there may be an inbox driver available for your product and a download is therefore not provided. Epson perfection 4490 photo software download for mac. I already had a scanner that was several years old when something in the light bar track system went on the fritz and it wouldn’t function. As such any files downloaded from the Epson site should be regarded as coming from a trusted source. After installation is complete, quit the installer and restart the Mac before testing.
Note: If you are looking for another option, the Aimersoft DVD ripper for Mac is a great paid alternative to the MacX.
If you got many DVDs that you wish to back up, this is the best time to get the MacX Ripper. You can download and trial the software for free. If you decided to buy it, they’re offering a great discount now!
Use coupon: MACXOBON2014 for a massive discount. All the purchase comes with 30-day money back guarantee and lifetime support and updates of the software.
2. Use the Free Handbrake to Rip DVD on Mac
Handbrake is an open-source program that helps us to rip DVD with ease. It’s available on Mac, Windows and Linux. Though, it stated on its official website that it only handles the homemade DVD (not commercial or encrypted DVDs).
Handbrake is a freeware dvd ripper that converts between multiple video formats and even rips DVD to MP4, MKV. Today I would like to introduce how to rip DVD to Mac for free with Handbrake.
To get started, you mustdownload and install handbrake for Mac latest version. Then, follow the step-by-step guide below:
- Put your DVD into the DVD drive of your Mac. Open the handbrake application. You will need to choose a source DVD you want to rip.
- Click the “Open Source” button (top-left screen) to add DVD to the program. If you are importing commercial DVD, you would probably get a warning.
Note: Handbrake can’t handle commercial DVD due to the copyright protection. However, the program handles CSS decryption through an open source decryption library (Libdvdcss for Mac) that’s used in the popular VLC Media Player. So, you are required to use other Mac DVD rippers if you are ripping commercial DVD on Mac.
- After you have successfully added the DVD to handbrake, the main window will change to give you the total length of the movie, the chapters, etc.
- Then, set up the output destination. Click the “Browse” button to determine the output path. After this setting, all output files will be located in this folder automatically, so you don’t need to set up each output file location.
- Next, choose the “appropriate” preset from its presets list on its right panel. Select the higher resolutions like 1080p if you want greater video output.
Tips: “General” is good for fast dvd rip and higher-quality playback. “Web” is good for social sharing, i.e. upload ripped video to Youtube, etc.
- If you are advanced user, you can tweak the video, audio or picture settings as you wish.
- Else, just click the “Start Encode” button (top-left beside Open Source button) to begin ripping the DVD on Mac.
Official site: https://handbrake.fr
3. Freeware Alternative: VLC Player to Rip DVD
VLC Media Player is known as one of the best video players that play videos in different formats. But seldom people know that it is also a video converter and DVD ripping tool for Mac.
However, as a DVD Ripping software, it only works with the none-protected DVDs. And the output quality produced by this freeware Mac Ripper is not as good as the pay-for Mac DVD decrypters.
Although VLC has some limitations, many people still prefer the free application. You can try the software and see how good is the program. If you are willing to pay, the following dvd ripping tool from MacX is the one you can consider.
Official site: https://www.videolan.org
Best Dvd Rip Software For Mac
Best Mac Software To Rip Dvd
Although there are not many Mac DVD rippers in the market, you can choose to use the free ripper or paid option. The free dvd ripper usually lacks or limited on the features compare to the paid dvd ripping software. You can start with the free handbrake to rip the DVDs.
Best Dvd Converter Software For Mac
After all, the software recommended in this article is the best option that you can get in the market now. If you are serious in producing the lossless quality output, then you should get the MacX DVD ripper pro.