Mind mapping is one of the better ways to work collaboratively or individually. Using this method, you will be able to come up with better ideas, organize your thoughts, and many other beneficial things. Mind mapping is slowly becoming one of the standard strategies among companies and teams. Windows users are one of the primary users of this method since tools are abundant on this operating system. However, Mac users don’t have that privilege, which is why we selected some of the best free mind mapping software Mac versions.
There are many circuit design softwares available to satisfy diversified layout requirement, including free PCB design software, online free PCB design softwares, and industrial PCB softwares. Best web design software free. This is the PCB design software list and brief introduction.
- Mind Mapping Mac
- Best Mac Mind Mapping Software 2015 Reviews
- Mind Mapping Software Microsoft
- Best Mac Mind Mapping Software 2015 Download
Download and install the best free apps for Brainstorming and Mind-Mapping Software on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android from CNET Download.com, your trusted source for the top software picks.
Top Mind Mapping Tools for Mac
GitMind is a free and online mind map maker that you can use from your Mac browser. It has an extensive amount of free to use templates and options that let you create your own chart. You can incorporate various files like images, video clips, and hyperlinks into your chart for more variation. On that note, it’s no wonder why it is included in this list of the best mind mapping software for Mac.
Other features of GitMind:
- It offers different layout styles for each mind map.
- Provides collaboration features to those who work on teams.
- It provides cloud storage for your mind map and flowcharts.
Try it here: https://gitmind.com/
Coggle is another online application that supports Mac devices. The tool works just like any other mind mapping tool, with its essential features and options. However, what sets it apart from other tools, is the easy color-coding of nodes and paths. Aside from that, it supports Markdown which is a feature that lets you create hyperlinks from simple texts. Overall, it is safe to say that you can rely on this tool as it is one of the best free mind mapping software for Mac.
Other features of Coggle:
- Create secret diagram links
- Can create multiple starting points for each mind maps
- Export mind maps into PDF file and save them on your local drive
Try it here:https://coggle.it
Mindnode is one of the go-to mind mapping tools of Mac users. The tool is one of the easiest to operate in the Mac system line because of its features like “Quick Entry” and “Outline View.” Mindnode also has a “Focus Mode” that provides a spotlight to important ideas while working extensively. There are other details about this free mind mapping software Mac version below.
Other features of Mindnode:
- iOS compatible
- Provides different stickers that can be used on every mind map
- Easy node organization with the “Smart Layout” feature
- Transform a mind map into a to-do list easily
- Supports iCloud and Dropbox
Download Link: Mindnode
FreeMind is an open-source mind mapping software that works on Mac devices. As an open-source tool, users are free to make modifications to the software as it is allowed by the developers. FreeMind provides various options like full link following, which works on both links from the internet, and local directories. Apart from that, it has a quick one-click navigation option for faster browsing. You can also export your mind map as an HTML and share to your friends online. Read below if you want to know more why it is one of the best mind mapping software for Mac.
Other features of FreeMind:
- Smart Drag N’ Drop that lets you select and move multiple nodes at once
- Saves mind maps in XML format by default
- Can view your local files directory in mind map form
Download Link: FreeMind
XMind is one of the few free to install tools that supports mobile devices. Apart from that, it works perfectly on Mac and iOS. It provides different perspectives to its users to enhance user-experience. One example is the option that lets you create logic charts, and the “Gantt View” option. It also allows users to add cliparts to their mind maps. There are also premium feature that you can unlock if you decide to go for the PRO version, which is the “Audio recording” option. In general, if you are looking for a great and free mind mapping software Mac version, then check XMind.
Other features of XMind:
- Tons of available preset templates free to use for free
- Can copy entire tabs of mind maps, and paste them to Word or vice-versa
- You can share your mind map via local network
- Supports mobile devices
Zenkit is popularly known as an online collaboration tool. On that note, it also includes a mind map creator among its collaboration tools. Among the things that it can do includes easy task labeling, priority settings and others. Apart from that, it can also create and analyze formulas just like an Excel spreadsheet. This feature is not available on other tools, making Zenkit one of the best mind mapping software for Mac.
Other features of Zenkit:
- Turn mind maps into Kanban list using Zenkit
- Supports Markdown of plain text into HTML
- Can be used offline
MindMeister deserves to be included in our list, especially since it provides free and ready-made templates to its users. You can use the different layout options within MindMeister and create your personalized template. You can then share it on the tool library and let other users use it. Additionally, you can import ready-made mind map templates directly from your PC. Mind map is web-based which makes it compatible for Mac. Below are the other features of MindMeister, and you will see why it is one of the best free mind mapping software for Mac.
Other features of MindMeister:
- Supports Cloud storage for added file security
- Customizable mind map styles
- Supports online collaboration
- Easy Project Management options
Try it here:https://www.mindmeister.com/
MindManager is the last one to make it on our list of mind map tools for Mac devices. This tool provides solid templates that you can use for free. Apart from that, you can create you own template and turn it into a URL. The best thing about the tool, is that it can integrate well with MS Office tools and Apple productivity tools, which adds more functions. Overall, you can not go wrong with this free mind mapping software Mac version.
Other features of MindManager:
- Supports Android and iOS devices
- Customizable layouts
- Knowledge management options
Mac users are often be left-out when it comes to productivity improvement. This is true especially among mind mapping tools. That is why we created this list to give you the best free mind mapping software for Mac. Not only will you save a lot of money, but will also get the chance to experience premium features with the tools here.
But subscribing to each program on your shortlist could be unnecessarily expensive. Fortunately, vendors now offer free trials of their products. You can take advantage of these to test drive tools and features.Speaking of finances, it is an easy choice to go for the most expensive video editing software from a well-known developer.
Mind mapping tools are designed to represent the relationships between ideas and concepts graphically. These tools are visual thinking program which helps you to analyze, synthesize, recall, and generate new ideas in an effective way.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Mind Mapping Tools. The list contains Free as well commercial tools with popular features and latest download links.
Xmind is an integrated platform for brainstorming and mind mapping app. It is designed to generate ideas and inspire creativity. This software supports tree diagrams, fishbone diagrams, spreadsheets, etc.
- It offers Fishbone Chart, Matrix, Timeline, Org Chart
- Using a combination of different structures.
- You can make any graphic you want.
- Xmind allows you to access graphic anytime and anywhere.
- Export and share to Word, PDF, Excel, PPT, Project, FreeMind
Creately is an online mind mapping software. It offers an intuitive canvas with an extensive mind mapping shape library and 1000s of pre-made templates for teams to work together on capturing, organizing and expanding their thoughts during meetings, brainstorming sessions, etc.
- Built-in video conferencing
- Real-time mouse tracking
- Google Drive, Slack and Confluence integrations
- 50+ diagram types with standard shape libraries
- Export diagrams as PNG, JPEG, PDF, & SVG
- View Only or Edit enabled links to share diagrams for reviews or edits
- Built-in commenting to capture ideas, suggestions and change requests from collaborators
- Built-in Google image search to browse the internet for needed graphics
Mindjet MindManager is a software that allows you to organize your day, run your project, and manage your team. Mindjet offers you to build an innovative program using mind mapping, big data analytics, and game mechanics to create the best ideas and operationalize them in the market.
- It allows you to quickly capture information and idea.
- Track priorities, deliverables, resources, dependencies, and due dates.
- It offers you to integrate the information on a unified dashboard.
- Manage everything from brainstorming to planning.
Mindomo is an online collaborative concept mapping, mind mapping, and outlining software. With this software, you can achieve your goals by visually mapping ideas, plans, and interests.
- Unregistered users can see the maps shared by register users.
- Allows you to map concepts by connecting dots.
- Provides a way to create a blueprint of your plans.
- You can keep the team engage with collaborative online Gantt charts.
- The software automatically adds contextual information as well as images.
- Frictionless interface helps you focus
- Enable you to add longer text, spreadsheets, and videos to your mind maps.
- Allows you to save to Google Drive and manage using Google Apps
- You can add icons and images to map.
- User can control sharing settings.
Coggle is a browser-based mind mapper which produces hierarchically structured documents. This contrasts with many other collaborative applications like Google Docs, that provide either a spreadsheet or text document format.
- Enable you to produce beautiful notes quickly and easily.
- Offers real-time collaboration
- User can upload unlimited Image
- Add images text, labels, and annotate parts of your mind map
- Anyone can make changes in the diagram without any login.
TheBrain is a mind mapping tool from TheBrain Technologies. It uses a dynamic graphical interface which maps network relationships. It allows you to capture all that intelligence when you need it.
- Offer an instant way to share documents, web pages, notes, and images.
- Control tasks and open loops ideas in your brain.
- Sync your idea from your desktop, mobile device, or web browser anytime.
Venngage the perfect way to visualize any topic that has many steps, nodes, or subsections. Create an engaging mind map with an online mind map maker.
- Allows you to color-coded points
- You can choose a font which is both readable and aesthetically pleasing.
- It offers professionally designed mind map templates to create maps easily.
- Put countless ideas or points.
- Download mind map as a PNG or PDF file and share it to social media websites.
DrakonHub is an online diagramming tool which enables to create clear flowcharts, checklists, and mind maps. It is designed for, business user, managers, and software developers to create visual business processes. DrakonHub supports tablet and real time editing.
- It follows ergonomic standards which rid diagrams of the visual noise.
- Divide the diagram into various logical parts with the image of animal, object, or person.
- It allows you to arrange your mind maps in a specific order.
- You can add the boxes, and DrakonHub will automatically draw the lines.
MindMeister is a mind mapping tool that allows users to visualize, share, and present their thoughts. This collaborative application offers impressive graphical techniques to help users brainstorm, take notes, create project plans, and perform other tasks online.
- MindMeister enables you to share your mind maps with as many people as you want and collaborate with them in real-time.
- It has a built-in presentation mode that helps you to turn mind maps into dynamic slideshows in less time.
- It integrates with the intuitive online task as well as a project management app for groups.
- People in different places can work together and solve issues in real-time.
Mind Mapping Mac
Best Mac Mind Mapping Software 2015 Reviews
Padlet is an online blank board that can be used by invited people to collaborate in collecting ideas and sharing information. It is a tool for creating beautiful boards, documents, and webpages that are easy to read.
- It lets you invite users to add content, comment, and make changes in real-time.
- This software enables you to add photos, documents, weblinks, videos, and music.
- Allows you to select a readymade template or go with a blank slate.
- It enables you to share padlet with colleagues, classmates, friends, and family.
Bubbl.us is an online brainstorming application. This browser-based tool is good for project planning brainstorming and collaboration. The tool uses Macromedia Flash that can be accessed via browser to eliminate the need of installing any software.
- It is an entirely web-based application.
- It lets you save your mind map as an image
- You can create a colorful and engaging mind map
- The software helps you to understand better using presentation
Ayoa is a tool for generating the idea and collaborating with others. It is a mind mapping, task management, and chat application that allows individuals and teams to create unique mind maps quickly.
- It enables you to adjust the appearance of your branches and connectors.
- You can add files and images directly onto your branches.
- It helps you to convert your ideas into tasks.
- You can add emoji reactions to branches
- It offers a way to organize your map by placing categories around branches.
SmartDraw is a diagram tool for making and organizing flowcharts, mind maps, project charts, and other business visuals. This tool is used by organizations and companies in order to document processes, manage plan strategies as well as projects.
- SmartDraw is easier to use than the standard drawing tools included in G Suite and Microsoft Office.
- It can be run on any tablet or computer.
- It has thousands of templates and symbols to choose from.
- The software lets you create chart-based and schematic diagrams.
- The software contains more than built-in 4,000 templates which can be used for making 70 different types of diagrams.
Microsoft Visio is a diagramming tool which allows you to create simple as well as complex diagrams according to your business needs. Visio also enables you to create detailed organization charts, floor plans, pivot diagrams, etc.
Mind Mapping Software Microsoft
Best Mac Mind Mapping Software 2015 Download
- Enable you to work on a variety of diagrams at the same time.
- VISIO Provides diagramming capabilities to prepare various business engineering Software, and Database Architecture easily.
- The tool allows you to capture the information in ways that are valuable for you and your business.
- The web version of Visio helps you to work together on diagrams from any web browser.
- Provide support for creating varieties of diagramming shapes.
Miro is a collaboration tool that allows teams to centralize their cross-functional teamwork. Miro is a quick and easy way for a team to capture, manage, map user stories wireframe, plan script, and structure their thoughts.
- It provides real-time collaborative drawing
- The tool has an infinite virtual whiteboard to complete any visual task like agile planning, project management, and design iteration.
- Built-in comments, video, chat, and @mentions for seamless communication.
- Integrate more than 20 tools, including InVision, Confluence, Slack, Google Drive, Jira, and more.
Lucidchart is HTML-5 based UML tool which also offers real-time collaboration capabilities. It allows you to create a simple flowchart to complex technical diagrams. It runs on browser having HTML5. The tool does not require updates of any third party tools or plugins.
- Works with your team on any device across various platforms
- Allows you to connect live data with your diagrams or import data to automatically build organization charts
- Helps you to increase security and easily manage user accounts
- It is Integrated seamlessly with MS office, G suite, Atlassian, etc.
Cacoo is an online diagram and collaboration application for businesses to create flowcharts, wireframes, sitemaps, mind maps, and mockups.
- Let everyone to add their ideas while working with images, data, notes, or charts.
- You can draw a diagram from scratch or use readymade templates for inspiration.
- Integrate with Google Docs, Google Drive, AWS, Typetalk, Visio, Dropbox, and Slack.