Dec 27, 2019 Note: Use the Android emulator to test your app on different versions of the Android platform and different screen sizes. Also consider using Firebase Test Lab to run your app on a wide variety of real devices hosted in a cloud-based infrastructure. Jun 29, 2020 On the other hand, internet speed test apps can help you know whether your ISP is cheating on you with low internet speed. If you use the internet for video streaming, then high-speed internet is a must-have thing. So, in this article, we have decided to share a list of best WiFi Speed test apps for Android. Jan 17, 2020 Android Emulators are basically the Virtual Android Devices that can run on any Windows or Mac powered computer. They were developed back in the year 2010. And from there, they have been popular and most preferred means to have a better experience of your android apps. Jan 07, 2020 In researching the best free apps for the Mac, I started by using Apple's category list. This makes it easier to cover the wide variety of content available. If an app is on the Mac App Store, it is in one of the 21 categories that Apple has listed.
When building an Android app, it's important that you always test your app ona real device before releasing it to users. This page describes how to set upyour development environment and Android device for testing and debugging overan Android Debug Bridge (ADB) connection.Note: Use the Android emulator to test your app ondifferent versions of the Android platform and different screen sizes. Alsoconsider using Firebase Test Labto run your app on a wide variety of real devices hosted in acloud-based infrastructure.
Set up a device for development
Before you can start debugging on your device, there are a few things you mustdo:
On the device, open the Settings app, select Developer options, andthen enable USB debugging.Note: If you do not see Developer options, follow the instructions toenable developer options.
Set up your system to detect your device.
- macOS: No additional configuration required.
Ubuntu Linux: Use
apt-get installto install the
adbpackage. Thisgives you a community-maintained default set of
udevrules for all Androiddevices.
Make sure that you are in the plugdev group. If you see the followingerror message, adb did not find you in the plugdev group:
idto see what groups you are in. Use
sudo usermod -aG plugdev$LOGNAMEto add yourself to the plugdev group.
The following example shows how to install the Android adb tools package.
Windows: Install a USB driver for ADB. For an installation guide andlinks to OEM drivers, see the Install OEM USB driversdocument.
Chrome OS: No additional configuration required.
Connect to your device
When you are set up and plugged in over USB, you can click Run in Android Studio to build and run your app on the device.
You can also use adb to issue commands,as follows:
- Verify that your device is connected by running the
adb devicescommandfrom your
android_sdk/platform-tools/directory. Ifconnected, you'll see the device listed.
- Issue any adb command withthe
-dflag to target your device.
Troubleshoot device connection with the Connection Assistant
The Connection Assistant provides step-by-step instructions to help you set upand use a device over the ADB connection.
To start the assistant, choose Tools > Connection Assistant.
The Connection Assistant provides instructions, in-context controls, and a listof connected devices in a series of pages in the Assistant panel. Use theNext and Previous buttons at the bottom of the Assistant panel towork through the pages as needed:
You'll need to right click and select an alternate application in that case. Set up mac external storage for apps. It depends a lot on the USB chipset used in the drive and what else is sharing the USB buss. The bandwidth, especially the sustained rates, for accessing the data and applications on this drive is limited to the connection method.For Thunderbolt it's pretty darn good but still not as good as a drive in the machine. For USB it's hit and miss.
- Connect your device over USB: The Connection Assistant begins by promptingyou to connect your device over USB, and it provides a Rescan USB devicesbutton with which you can start a new scan for connected devices.
- Enable USB debugging: The Connection Assistant then tells you how toenable USB debugging in the on-device developer options.
- Restart the ADB server: Finally, if you still don't see your device on thelist of available devices, you can use the Restart ADB server button on thelast page of the Connection Assistant. Restarting the ADB server also causesADB to scan for devices again. If you still don't see your device on the listof available devices, try the troubleshooting steps in the next section of thispage.
Resolve USB connection issues
If the Connection Assistant is not detecting your device over USB, you can trythe following troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:
Check that Android Studio can connect to the Android Emulator
To check if the issue is being caused by a connection problem between AndroidStudio and the Android Emulator, follow these steps:
- Open the AVD Manager.
- Create a new AVD if you don't alreadyhave one.
- Run the emulator using your AVD.
- Do one of the following:
- If Android Studio can't connect to the emulator, download the latest SDK Platform Toolsand then try again.
- If the emulator starts successfully, check the USB cable.
Check the USB cable
How To Play Android Apps On Pc
To check if the issue is being caused by a faulty USB cable, follow the steps inthis section.
If you have another USB cable:
- Connect the device using the secondary cable.
- Check if the Connection Assistant can now detect the device.
- If the device is not detected, try the primary cable again.
- If the device still isn't detected, assume that the problem is with thedevice and check if the device is set up for development.
If you don't have another USB cable but you do have another Android device:
- Connect the secondary device to your computer.
If the Connection Assistant can detect the secondary device, assume that theproblem is with the primary device andcheck if the device is set up for development.
It would take hours to upload files to cloud storage for backup. So our first suggestion in here is to backup phone data to PC.Next on our list is, an application for those who wish to integrate their mobile lifestyle into one easy-to-reach place. Cell phone backup software samsung.
If the secondary device is not detected, the problem might be with the USBcable.
Check if the device is set up for development
To check if the issue is being caused by settings on the device, follow thesesteps:
- Follow the steps in the Set up a device for developmentsection.
- If this does not resolve the problem, contact the device OEM'scustomer support for help. Tell the customer support representative that thedevice won't connect to Android Studio using ADB.
RSA security key
Use Android Apps On Mac
When you connect a device running Android 4.2.2 (API level 17) or higher to yourcomputer, the system shows a dialog asking whether to accept an RSA key thatallows debugging through this computer. This security mechanism protects userdevices because it ensures that USB debugging and other adb commands cannot beexecuted unless you're able to unlock the device and acknowledge the dialog.