Store Layout Design: 9 Tips for Arranging Your Retail Shop Francesca Nicasio. September 18, 2018. 4 Comments. Planning the layout of your store is both an art and a science — it requires creativity, psychological insights, and testing.
Mom-and-pop shop owners may not realize the impact that a retail store’s layout can have on sales. But studies show that a less-than-ideal arrangement of product displays, check-out and service counters, or aisles influences consumer behavior in subtle but powerful ways. For example, when a customer avoids a crowded aisle or feels intimated by a clerk standing behind a tall counter, you may lose a sale.
Here are six tips for creating an optimal retail store layout.
Bamboo wacom software download mac. Select Updates to see what (if any) updates are available for your Wacom product. Important: Your Wacom product must be connected to your computer to see available updates. If updates are available, select the respective link and carefully follow all instructions as you update your driver or product.
1. Don’t place merchandise in the “decompression zone.” When U.S. consumers enter a store, they tend to turn to the right. Position merchandise with this in mind. A psychological shift also occurs when inside a store, so patrons typically don’t notice merchandizing displays within 15 feet of the entrance, say retail strategists Rich Kizer and Georganne Bender of Kizer & Bender. They also recommend using “speed bumps” (attention-grabbing in-store displays).
2. Choose a store layout that fits your business. The grid layout used by most grocery stores steers customers up and down rows of aisles. A loop layout has a central grouping of displays, with a circular or square pathway around it. A free-flowing layout gives merchants opportunities to spur impulse buying, as shoppers can move the most freely through the store.
3. Minimize counters. Bob Phibbs, owner of the Retail Doctor, says store counters often separate the store owner or sales clerk from customers, at least psychologically. This doesn’t benefit merchants, because it creates an “us vs. them” mentality and sends the wrong signals. Phibbs suggests that owners ask unoccupied staff to wander the sales floor, posing as shoppers. This gives customers a sense of a bustling shop, which puts them at ease, he says. If a counter is essential for completing paperwork, he suggests sizing it down to no larger than a desk.
4. Beware the “butt-brush effect.”Paco Underhill, a consumer behavior expert, coined this term when he discovered that the typical customer will avoid perusing merchandise if it brings another customer’s backside into close proximity. That’s true even when the shopper is very interested in an item. Avoid this problem by ensuring aisles and floor space allow patrons adequate personal space.
5. Epson v600 scanner software mac. Maintain good visibility. Reduce your inventory losses by keeping shelves low enough to enable good visibility. Take care to ensure that temporary store displays do not inadvertently provide cover for shoplifters.
6. Create a sensational entrance. Even stunning in-store layoutsfail to woo shoppers if the storefront has little curb appeal.Invest in an eye-catching entrance, strategically placing signage to entice shoppers inside. Make sure that at least a few products are visible to people who pass by the shop’s windows.
We have an amazing deals for our readers on the MacPilot 11: Optimizing Software for Mac (Lifetime Subscription) in the Geeky Gadgets Deals store, you can save 59% off the regular price.
The MacPilot 11: Optimizing Software for Mac (Lifetime Subscription) is available in our deals store for just $39.99, it normally retail for $99.
Store Layout Design Software
With the power of UNIX and the simplicity of Macintosh, your Mac is a high-tech wellspring of untapped power! Use MacPilot to unlock over 1,200 features and access them all with the easy and familiar Macintosh user interface—no command line tools or complicated file operations required! With MacPilot, you can display hidden files in Finder, disable the startup chime, add spacers and stacks to the Dock, change the screenshot file format, run maintenance tools, and so much more. With MacPIlot, you can step out of the passenger seat of your Mac, get behind the wheel, and take real control over your computer.
- Unlock over 1,200 features to tweak your Mac & optimize your experience
- Toggle animations, show the Quit menu, show the file path in the window titlebar & use your screensaver as the desktop
- Customize the dock by adding spacers & smart stacks/menus
- Access a beautiful system profile that outlines advanced system information
- Optimize & repair your system by running common maintenance scripts such as cron, launch services, and prebinding
- See everything from the graphics card & RAM bus speeds to the system serial number
- View a complete list of network ports, error codes & key combos
You can find out more information on this great deal on the MacPilot 11: Optimizing Software for Mac (Lifetime Subscription) over at our deals store at the link below.Filed Under: Deals