Best Dictation Software For Mac of 2020 (Paid & Free) 1. Dragon Professional Individual. The reason Dragon Professional Individual is our number one pick is the amazing accuracy and sophistication it. Apple Dictation. Google Docs Voice Typing. This voice recognition software allows you to record the streaming audio or mic input from external applications or tools. The files that are fetched hereafter are saved on the hard disk of the computer and you are also free to schedule as many numbers of future recordings as you want with the aid of the useful add-ons. Best paid for speech to text apps. Dragon Professional. A business-grade solution. View at Newegg. View at Nuance. See all prices (2 found) Powerful features. Dragon Anywhere. Houndify is speech recognition software, and includes features such as specialty vocabularies, Speech-to-Text analysis, automatic transcription, Multi-Languages, voice recognition, and audio capture. Houndify is available as Mac, and Windows software.
- Voice Recognition App
- Best Free Voice Recognition Software For Mac Free
- Best Speech Recognition Software
- Best Free Voice Recognition Software For Mac Download
- Best Free Voice Recognition Software For Mac Computers
- Free Voice Recorder Download
So in such instances, the various transcription software available come to rescue. This software mainly performs speech to text conversion making your job a whole lot easier. Here are Top 10 Transcription Software for Mac.
1. Express ScribeExpress Scribe is designed considering the needs of Mac users. The user can control the audio playback using a transcription foot pedal or by using the keyboard. Express Scribe also offers many other functionalities such as variable speed playback, multi-channel control, playing video, file management, and much more.
Using the free version, you can use the standard audio formats such as wav, mp3, wma, and dct. By upgrading to the professional version, you can get proprietary format support.
It supports both audio and video playback and plays formats including encrypted dictation files. You can also use professional USB foot pedals to control playback. This transcription software automatically receives and loads files by the internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network.
It also works with speech recognition software to automatically convert speech to text. Using the plug and play foot pedal, you can make your foot control the playback as you type, which can help you increase your typing speed. You can also load CD audio and start working as the audio loads.
Express Scribe Basic costs $29.99, and Professional version costs $34.99.
2. InqscribeYou can download and install this transcription software for free, or register for a 14-day trial or get the paid version for lifetime use. You can play audio and video in almost all popular formats. Using USB foot pedal, the control playback is smoother.
There are options to save the document and to insert shortcuts and snippets. Using snippets, you can add frequently used words in a single click. With Inqscribe, you can create a subtitled QuickTime movie or even print the transcripts. You can add time codes to jump to a particular point in the film clip.
The single license costs $99, but students and staff can get a maximum of up to $60 off on discounts.
3. DragonDragon is designed specifically to help you create documents, spreadsheets or presentations faster. It is useful for sending emails and for filling out forms. The transcription by Dragon is very accurate.
You can also customize words for the terms you use every day, insert text or graphics that are often used and create command shortcuts for repetitive tasks. You can also transcribe voice memos from your smartphone or portable voice recorder, podcasts or audio files of any single speaker’s voice to text quickly.
It is capable of advanced customization features so that it adapts well to even the most industry-specific terminology that you use every day. It can transcribe all commonly used formats like .mp3 aif, .aiff , .wav, .mp4, .m4a, .m4v. For accurate transcription, it can also capture notes.
4. VoxSigma Speech to TextVoxSigma is equipped with extensive vocabulary multilingual speech-to-text capabilities. Keeping in mind the needs of professional users, it can transcribe even clips with slight noises. And it is useful in the text to speech conversion of large quantities of audio and video documents such as broadcast data, either in batch mode or in real-time.
Data available from call centers can be analyzed using these. First, the audio segments that contain the speech are identified followed by the language. Then, the text to speech conversion is done.
It has adaptive features that can distinguish voices even if some background music is playing and is capable of converting them into text. VoxSigma outputs an XML document with annotations including speech and non-speech segments, speaker labels, and words with time codes, high-quality confidence scores, and punctuation. This XML file can be converted into plain text.
5. TranscrivaThe biggest charm of Transcriva is its usability. You can organize your transcripts all in one place. It also adjusts itself with variable speed audios for accurate transcription. You can further print your transcripts or export them as RTF or Word documents for editing, sharing, and publication.
It allows you to play back your transcripts when you're done transcribing. It also comes with foot pedal support to ease things for you. And apart from this, there are so many customization features available to fit each user needs.
6. ATMacATMac can be used to write your emails, for chatting and for other text to speech needs. It is capable of identifying many English dialects and accents including American, Northern Ireland, Southern, Australian, British, Indian and much more.
7. iSayiSay has a clean interface to give the users a positive transcription experience. You can use them for emails and other notes. And there are hotkeys to speed up transcription process. It was also compatible with cell phones.
8. Mac Speech ScribeMac Speech Scribe gives excellent accuracy in converting audio files. It avoids typos and misspelled words. Simply open the file and click on the Transcribe button. Your work is done!
It supports up to six speech profiles and guarantees accuracy to six different voices. It also allows transcription from audio recordings on Mac, iPhone, and other digital voice recorders. It doesn't require much time to be spent on training as it quickly adapts to different sounds. It is also sensitive towards 13 different English dialects.
9. Hyper TranscribeHyper Transcribe supports all the major audio formats such as MP3, AIFF, WAV, MPEG, AVI, MOV, etc. It can export the output file as RTF or plain text. You can first install the trial version and then upgrade to paid version after purchase.
10. Seventh StringSeventh String transcribes Assistant is designed to help musicians. With the use of foot pedal, faster transcription can be done. This tool slows down the tracks which are not suitable for transcription thus making them fit for speech to text conversion. It slows down the music without changing the pitch so that you can analyze chords and notes that it represents.
Final WordsTranscription is now made easy with these tools. You have provisions to make smooth conversions even to even noisy data. And this software is highly dynamic in the sense that they adjust according to the user. So the experience gets better with use. Give it a try now!
Voice recognition is a computer program that decodes the human voice. It takes the spoken word as input and translates into text. Text to Speech is mainly used to perform commands, operate a gadget, or write without using any input devices.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Dictation Speech to Text Voice Recognition Tools, with popular features and latest website links. The list contains both open-source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
1) Dragon Naturally Speaking
Dragon Naturally Speaking allows you to put your voice to create emails, reports, forms, and more. It is a next-generation speech engine that transcribes the speech faster and more accurately in less time. This software product is available for Windows and Mac platform.
- You can get the document done anytime, anywhere.
- Work more efficiently with powerful customizations.
- It enables you to dictate anywhere, and transcript transcribes to your computer.
- Speak as long as you want to finish documents of any length.
- Simple to create form-based templates.
2) Fusion Speech
Fusion speech is a speech recognition software that integrates voice with an EMR (Electronic Medical Record). It enables you to recognize text without integrating any third-party applications.
- This tool provides flexible and functional cloud-based speech recognition.
- Quickly dictate the patient story and edit the narrative.
- Document into EMR without any interface.
- Send narrative for editing without taking any training.
- It provides automatic transcription.
- Offers multi-language support.
- Fusion speech enables you to analyze speech.
Voice Recognition App
3) Verbio Speech Recognition
Verbio Speech Recognition is a tool specifically developed to understand speech expressed in a natural way by transforming it to text in real-time, using DNN models. It is a flexible tool that allows deployment in a wide range of platforms.
- This software offers customized language model, with your organization-specific grammar and vocabulary.
- It supports every software and hardware platforms and audio sources to extract speech.
- The tool provides integration support using MRCP, Web traditional C/C++ APIs, or sockets.
- You can extract insights from conversational data.
- Provides friction-less experiences to users through voice search, voice dialing, digital dictation, etc.
- Verbio Speech Recognition assists you to identify a speaker in a conversation.
Sonix software app transcribes, timestamps, and manage your video and audio files, so they become easy to find, edit, and share. It enables you to polish and review transcripts.
- You can effortlessly convert video and audio to text.
- Videos and audios are synced to the text. Therefore, you can effortlessly polish your transcripts and share with your team.
- Speech to text tool creates a transcript the same as a traditional service.
- Securely upload media files.
- It easy quickly review and polish transcription.
- The tool allows you to download your final transcript in a wide range of file formats.
Best Free Voice Recognition Software For Mac Free
5) Google Docs
Google Docs voice typing accepts speech and to-text dictation from computer microphone. With this tool, you an even pause, issue command, and resume again.
- You can correct mistakes without turning off your microphone.
- It allows the use of phrases like period, comma, exclamation point, new paragraph, new line, and question mark to add punctuation to text.
- Make changes and format your document file when you voice type.
Siri is a voice recognition software that can make calls or send texts for you on the go. It gives proactive suggestions like messaging someone that you are running late for a meeting so that you can stay in touch effortlessly.
- Siri provides an easier way to do every task like preview calendar, set alarms, timers, and reminders, directions.
- This software product can find your favorite song you would like to hear.
- You can effortlessly control your smart devices, check their status, or even do many things using your voice.
- It quickly checks facts, translates a phrase into another language, or do calculations.
- Helps you to find your photos and files.
- Shortcuts that show up right on your lock screen so that you can access it quickly.
- Siri can recognize 21 different languages.
- It keeps your information private and secure.
It allows you to sing with your MSA by opening Cortana. With Cortana, you can sync range of accounts including LinkedIn, Office 365, Outlook.com, and Wunderlist.
- Add things like your favorite cuisines, and topics to the notebook and Cortana will give you personalized help and updates.
- Provides faster help when you need it.
- Send SMS messages
- Get reminders based on your location.
8) M*Modal Fluency Mobile
M*Modal Fluency Mobile is a unique blend of transcription for dictating, editing. It automatically syncs patient demographics and schedules with EMR (Electronic health record). This tool helps you to upload schedules to simplify the selection of patient.
Best Speech Recognition Software
- The tool ensures that the highest possible quality of clinical documentation.
- It provides the highest possible quality of clinical documentation.
- It provides simplified transcription management.
9) Crescendo Speech Processing
Crescendo Speech solutions enable you to capture detailed information by voice. It permits navigation through sections of forms and documents.
The 1.7.5 version of LipSync for Mac is available as a free download on our software library. Our built-in antivirus scanned this Mac download and rated it as virus free. The file size of the latest downloadable installation package is 595 KB. This free Mac app was originally created by Iaian7. Lip Sync Software - Free Download Lip Sync - Top 4 Download - Top4Download.com offers free software downloads for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android computers and mobile devices. Visit for free, full and secured software’s. Free lip sync software mac. Are you looking for free software that can help you to sync your files and folders? You should consider trying the Free File Synch software. The software is cross-platform; it works perfectly on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. The purpose of this software is to save you time while enabling you set up and run your backup job. Sep 17, 2009 Download the latest version of LipSync for Mac - Widget for converting Moho format phoneme animation files into Lightwa. Read 0 user reviews of LipSync on MacUpdate.
- You can navigate and control your favorite desktop apps using your voice.
- Create your own documents, forms, and emails.
- It enables you to review and edit your document.
- Control and navigate popular Customer Relationship Systems.
- Send transcribes to team as notes instead of a voice recording
- All data is stored on your server so that you can keep all confidential information secure.
- It filters noisy sound and produces accurate text.
10) SpeechWrite 360
SpeechWrite 360 is an online voice recognition solution that is designed to meet the agile and flexible working needs. It offers a flexible and secure cloud-computing environment.
- Dictate, review, make changes in the document, and approve on the go.
- It enables you to dictate from any device, send in real time, electronically sign, track, and make changes in your document.
- With this software, you can access real-time data to improve project workflow.
- Integrates directly into your existing applications.
Happyscribe is a software that accepts a range of audio and video formats transcribe spoken words into text. The tool is available in more than 200 languages.
Best Free Voice Recognition Software For Mac Download
- It identifies the speaker.
- Highlight & comment on important sentences.
- Add timestamps where you want to transcribe in the text.
- You can export transcript in Word, SRT, TXT, STL, VTT AVID, and HTML.
- Share a view-only page of your final transcript with others.
Best Free Voice Recognition Software For Mac Computers
12) Cloud Speech-to-Text
Speech-to-text is powered by machine learning and available for short-form or long-form audio. It enables programmers to convert audio to text by applying powerful network models in an easy to use API.
Free Voice Recorder Download
- Recognizes 120 languages and variants.
- It provides text transcription in real time for long-form audio or short-form audio.
- The tool automatically transcribes context-specific formatting and proper nouns.
- Automatically identifies spoken language.
- You can customize speech recognition for your business by specifying more than 5,000 words or phrases.
- It supports real-time streaming or Prerecorded Audio
- You can filter inappropriate content in text results for a specific language.
- It allows you to select voice commands, phone calls, and video transcription.
Zubtitle is a video captioning application which helps you increase your video reach by adding captions to the video. With this application, you can add captions to your video effortlessly.
- The tool transcribes your voice in video and turns it to captions.
- You do not require to edit any video.
- You can download .txt & .srt transcription files.
- It allows you to choose from a range of fonts and caption styles.