|Initial release||August 2011; 8 years ago (Mac OS X)|
February 2016; 4 years ago (Windows)
2.6.797 (Mac OS X) March 2017; 3 years ago
18.104.22.1680 (Windows) June 2017; 3 years ago
|Operating system||OS X v.10.6 +,|
|Type||Wireless site survey|
|License||free, or paid|
- Wifi Site Survey Free
- Mac Wifi Site Survey Software Free
- Site Survey Software
- Mac Wifi Site Survey Software Windows 10
- Wireless Survey Software
- Free Wireless Site Survey Software
Mar 12, 2020 WiFi heatmapper software and wireless site survey tools for Windows 10, mac, iPhone, iPad and Android from 7 global vendors is presented in this post in a simple table format, along with indicative online prices as on March 11, 2020. Ever since WiFi became popular, the need to scientifically manage corporate WLANs also grew. Open Source WiFi Site Survey Heatmap Tool Date Thu 01 November 2018 Tags wifi / survey / wireless / heatmap / python This week I finally bought myself a new wireless access point ( AP ) to replace my current ones, a pair of older Ubiquiti models that have been continually in service without issue for nine years and five years, respectively. NetSpot is the easiest native wireless site survey software for Mac and Windows. You need just a few clicks to load your office plan or area map before starting a network site survey. To begin, just point to where you are on the map and NetSpot starts measuring wireless signal right away. You can move around and collect Wi-Fi data of the entire area.
NetSpot is a software tool for wireless network assessment, scanning, and surveys, analyzing Wi-Fi coverage and performance. It runs on Mac OS X 10.6+ and Windows 7-8-10 and supports 802.11n, 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g wireless networks. NetSpot uses the standard Wi-Fi network adapter and its Airport interface to map radio signal strength and other wireless network parameters, and build reports on that. NetSpot was released in August, 2011.
NetSpot provides all professional wireless site survey features for Wi-Fi and maps coverage of a living area, office space, buildings, etc. It provides visual data to help analyze radio signal leaks, discover noise sources, map channel use, optimize access point locations. Also, the application can perform Wi-Fi network planning: the data that are collected help to select channels and placements for new hotspots. Survey reports can be generated in PDF format.
Wifi Site Survey Free
- Mapping Wi-Fi
- Mapping Wi-Fi signal strength
- Optimizing networks
- Trouble-shooting networks
- Visualizing wireless networks
- Diagnosing signal problems
- Analyzing wireless network coverage
|Version||Platform||Release date||Notes and significant changes|
- iStumbler – an open-source utility to find wireless networks and devices in Mac OS X
- KisMAC – a wireless network discovery tool for Mac OS X
- WiFi Explorer – a wireless network scanner for Mac OS X
- ^Matt Elliott. 'Find the dead spots in your Wi-Fi network with NetSpot'. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- ^MacNN. 'NetSpot offers free Wi-Fi network surveying software'. Retrieved August 12, 2011.
- ^'NetSpot: WiFi Site Survey for the Rest of Us'.
- ^'Create a WiFi signal strength map with NetSpot for Mac :: by Techerator'.
- ^'NetSpot helps you optimize your Wi-Fi networks :: by Macworld'. 2011-11-29.
- ^'Trouble-shoot your WiFi network with NetSpot :: by Dr. Macenstein'.
- ^'Mac-NZ review :: NetSpot WiFi visualisation software'.
- ^'Diagnose Wi-Fi Signal Problems With NetSpot :: Lifehacker'.
- ^'Analyze Wireless Network Coverage In Mac With NetSpot Survey Software :: by Addictivetips'.
- ^'NetSpot – The only Native Wireless Site Survey Software for Mac'. Archived from the original on 2012-09-10.
- ^'NetSpot 1.1 - new version of Wi-Fi mapping software for Mac'.
- ^'NetSpot 1.3 release notes: what's new, what's hot in this update'. 2012-07-03.
- ^'How To use your Mac to survey your home or office Wi-Fi network'. 2012-10-19.
- ^'NetSpot 2.1 Release Notes: What's New in Version 2.1?'. 2012-05-24.
- ^'NetSpot 2.10 minor update - Japanese localization is added'. 2018-10-17.
Why Do You Need to Perform a WiFi Site Survey?
The complexity of WiFi networks is constantly growing, and so does our reliance on them. A WiFi site survey can help you ensure that your WiFi network is in top condition, ready to support your personal or business needs.
Mac Wifi Site Survey Software Free
According to Gartner, the average cost of IT downtime is $5,600 per minute. That’s a huge number, and all businesses that rely on WiFi internet access should remember it because it makes the cost of wireless site survey software seem utterly insignificant, especially considering that free survey software is often enough to optimize a WiFi network and reduce downtime.
Provide Sufficient Coverage and Capacity
Without a WiFi site survey, it’s very difficult — if not impossible — to know that you have sufficient WiFi coverage and capacity to meet your needs. Insufficient coverage means that not all clients will be able to roam freely and connect to the internet from anywhere. And if your WiFi network doesn’t meet your capacity needs in peak locations, you may deal with disconnected clients and slow speeds.
Keep Costs Down
Designing a WiFi network without wireless site survey software is akin to building a house without a plan. If you’re experienced enough and luck is on your side, you might end up with something that satisfies your needs, but it’s very unlikely that there wasn’t a better way how to complete the project. By performing a WiFi site survey prior to deployment, you can ensure that you’re deploying the right number of access points in the right locations to keep your costs down.
Site Survey Software
Mac Wifi Site Survey Software Windows 10
When employees have access to a fast and stable internet, they become more productive, and the same is true for home users. The difference between a website loading in one second and two seconds may not seem significant, but that’s only until you multiply the time saved by the total number of internet users and look a year into the future.
Wireless Survey Software
Free Wireless Site Survey Software
Free video apps for mac. Wireless site survey software can reveal rogue access points set up by malicious hackers to steal personal information from unsuspecting users. It can also help you limit the reach of your wireless network to ensure that it doesn’t leave your building and allow someone who you can’t even see to breach it.