FLAC To MP3 Mac is a Mac OS software product that converts FLAC to MP3, WMA, M4A, AAC, OGG and WAV audio formats. Besides FLAC format, this FLAC To MP3 Converter can also convert other video and audio file formats to MP3 format. FLAC To MP3 Mac also transfers the tag information and meta data from FLAC into MP3, so users can keep all tags in the converted songs. The application has an easy-to-use UI and users can drag their FLAC files onto the program and drop them then the conversion would start immediately and convert all media files in bulk.
- Jul 08, 2015 If you like To MP3 Converter Free, a review at the App Store would be very appreciated.Note: DRM protected audio files (M4P - protected AAC audio files) and VOB files cannot be converted because of the App Store policies. Note: We recommend set Bit Rate at 128 or lower number if you are going to burn MP3 files to CD and use it in your car.
- Nov 04, 2019 If you have iTunes installed on your computer, you can also use it to free convert M4A to MP3. Here are the steps that you need to follow for the conversion. Open iTunes and click the drop-down arrow on the upper left corner of the window. Choose “Preferences”, General and Import Settings.
OS: Mac OS X 10.9 or later
File Size: 13.7 MB
Looking for Windows Version? Please check FLAC to MP3
Share FLAC To MP3 Mac:
FLAC to MP3 Converter for Mac OS
FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) compresses the original audio data (CD and WAV etc.) by the lossless data compression algorithm, so this format is becoming increasingly popular in the world because the FLAC audio files will not lose the original audio quality while playing, and will have a much smaller file size compared to CDA and WAV formats. There are many FLAC music sources now, so people can easily find and download FLAC songs from the internet to enjoy high quality music, or rip the CDA audio tracks from audio CDs to FLAC files directly.
However, if you need to make the audio file size even smaller, or want to play your music on more devices, MP3 format would be a better choice. As the most popular audio format, MP3 is compatible with more and more software products and hardware devices.
You can use FLAC to MP3 Mac to convert your FLAC audio files to MP3 format on Mac OS. After dragging and dropping your FLAC songs onto the application and choosing the output path, you will see the program start the conversion immediately. Within a few seconds the songs will be entirely converted to MP3 format and located in the folder you select.
Besides MP3, FLAC to MP3 Mac allows users to convert FLAC songs to additional audio formats such as AAC, M4A, OGG, WMA and WAV. You can also use the FLAC to MP3 Mac to extract audio from video files like MP4, MOV and most popular video formats.
How to Convert FLAC to MP3
Nov 04, 2013 To convert files to MP3: Firstly, go to iTunes PreferencesGeneral and click the 'Import Settings' button. Set 'Import Using' to 'MP3 Encoder' and use the next drop-down menu to choose your settings - you can choose 'Custom' and set the bitrate as suits you.
1. Select the Output Audio Format
The first option box on the application UI (user interface) is the output format. The MP3 format has been chosen by default.
2. Set Audio Options
You can set the output MP3 audio bit rate, channel and rate on the UI. You will need to set these options before selecting your FLAC files.
3. Output Path
On the right hand side, you can see there is an option that enables you to set the output path. It has been set to save the converted files to 'Original Folder', which means the converted MP3 files will be in the same folder as the FLAC files are in. You can change the setting to 'Customize the Output Path' and then you can choose another folder path, for example Desktop or Document folder, to save the converted files.
4. Add FLAC Files
Now you've completed all the settings. Drag your FLAC files onto the application, or click on the large application image to add files, and the conversion will start immediately.
NOTE: If you have set the output path as 'Customize the Output Path', the application will ask you for the new folder path before converting in this step.
5. Wait for A Few Seconds
The application starts the conversion the instant you add the FLAC files. You will see the progress bar which tells you the progress of the current conversion and how many FLACs are in the queue preparing to be converted. Once the conversion is complete, you will be able to find the converted files in the location folder you have set or the default original folder.
How to Convert Other Formats like WAV or AAC to MP3 on Mac
The procedures for converting other formats to MP3 are same as converting the FLAC to MP3 format. Just adding the files of other formats to the application in the same way you would add a FLAC file will work perfectly. If you add a video file, the program will extract the audio for you.
by Christine Smith • 2020-06-23 21:05:12 • Proven solutions
If you love listening to music then you are likely to have several audio files on your device. Audio files come in different formats including MP3, AAC, M4A and more. Among all the common audio formats, M4A is the best. It has more sound quality than MP3 format. For this reason, you will enjoy listening to your music in M4A format than in MP3 format. Whenever you want to convert your MP3 files to M4A format, you shouldn’t think of it as a hard task to do; we have discussed on easy and free ways to convert MP3 to M4A on your Windows or Mac OS.
Part 1. How to Convert MP3 to M4A with iTunes
iTunes, being a platform to manage media files allows you to convert files from one format to another, is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS. It converts a file from MP3 to M4A format with the simple 4 steps below.
Step 1. First, launch iTunes, then go to the File > Add to Library to add a MP3 file in iTunes. If you are using Mac OS, directly drag and drop the MP3 on iTunes.
Step 2. Next tap on the iTunes, then select the Preferences, thereafter go to the General > Import Settings.
Convert M4a To Mp3 Free
Step 3. Click on the Import Using and select the AAC Encoder option. You can also adjust the settings on the Setting button.
Step 4. Right click on the OK button, then head to music playlist. Right click on the MP3 music file and click on the Create AAC version. iTunes will then convert the MP3 to M4A easily.
M4a To Mp3 Converter Mac
Part 2. How to Quickly Convert MP3 to M4A
Aside from the free yet complicated iTunes way, you might opt for an easier way to convert MP3 to M4A: using Wondershare UniConverter. It is a tool that excels in audio and video conversion be it standard or high quality media files. With this software, you will be more efficient as it supports batch conversion of files. Also, its conversion speed is 30 times faster compared to other media converters.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert MP3 to 1000+ formats, including M4A, FLAC and more.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Burn video to to high-quality blu-ray DVD.
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to Convert MP3 to M4A Format with Wondershare UniConverter
Below is a step-by-step tutorial for your guidance, with the following steps, you are able to quickly convert MP3 to M4A.
Step 1 Run Wondershare MP3 to M4A UniConverter.
Gmail app for mac laptop. First, download Wondershare UniConverter via the download button above and then launch it on your computer after installation.
Step 2 Add MP3 Files into best MP3 to M4A Converter.
Thereafter on the top left side of the program, click on the button and a dialog box would pop up, choose your desired MP3 files.
Step 3 Choose M4A as Output Format.
After the file has been added, select the format you want to convert your files to. Go to the top right side of the program and click the Convert all files to: button. Next, click on the Audio and select M4A format, then choose the audio quality in the right.
Step 4 Convert MP3 to M4A Easily.
Finally, convert your MP3 file by clicking the Convert All button at the right side of the video. Within few seconds, the MP3 file will be successfully converted to MP4.
Part 3. How to Convert MP3 to M4A Online
Surely, there're many online MP3 to M4A converters online and we'll will discuss 3 high-rated one for your reference.
Online-Convert is an online converter that converts files free of charge from one format to different other formats. It supports various conversions including video, audio, image, document and much more. It's also easy to use and the tutorial is as simple as follows.
- Identify the type of converter you need from the drop-down icon, choose the format you want to convert your files to. Here select M4A for example.
- Click on Browse button to upload the MP3 file to be converted. Note you can also enter the URL of your target MP3 file for uploading or change the settings at will.
- Click Convert file to start converting MP3 to M4A.
2. Online MP3 to M4A UniConverter
Online MP3 to M4A UniConverter is an incredible online tool to convert audio or video. It supports a wide range of formats including MP3, OGG, M4A, WAV, and others. Online UniConverter can convert many files at the same time. It can download files from sites such as YouTube. Below will show you how to quickly convert MP3 to M4A.
- Upload the file to be converted by selecting it.
- Choose the output format by picking M4A from the list of formats and specify the output quality.
- Start MP3 to M4A conversion by clicking Convert button.
Zamzar is a multipurpose converter that supports many conversions. It is able to convert image, eBook, video, CAD, audio, and music. It is able to convert a wide range of formats without the need to download software. It supports formats like MP3, WAV, MOV, M4A, MP4, FLV and many others.
- Select the MP3 file to be converted. You may drag and drop the file on the program.
- Select the format you want to convert your files to. You can do this by picking on M4A file format from the output formats available.
- On the Email address option, leave your email address so as to receive the converted files.
- Click Convert to convert your files to M4A format. After a short while, your file will have been converted to M4A file format.