Creating a good presentation is really important in a person’s life, whether they be a student or an employee. If you are looking for a good slideshow maker for Mac after using Windows or Linux for a long time, then you are at the right place.
Dec 13, 2017 To get a professional photo slideshow or video slideshow, iSkysoft Slideshow Maker for Mac being the best slideshow software for Mac presents a powerful slideshow. Interesting thing is that it doesn't require any experience and a few clicks can provide you good results. Dec 13, 2019 Part 1: Best Photo Slideshow Apps for iOS. One of the more popular apps, PicPlayPost offers an intuitive program that makes putting together photos, videos, music, and GIFs. Photo Slideshow Director.
This article will have a list of the best slideshow makers and we will also describe their features and flaws (if any). You can choose the app based on your preference. Let’s begin.
- 1 8 Best Slideshow Makers for Mac
8 Best Slideshow Makers for Mac
The list is not ranked. Some apps have more ease of use while some are more feature-rich. You can choose whichever suits you best and you can find the download link to all of them below their description. Let’s begin.
Keynote comes pre-installed in the newer MacBooks. You can easily create visually impressive presentations with this program. If you are coming from a Windows device then this should probably be the first slideshow maker you pick. Apple’s offering gives you 30 different themes that are catered to every occasion and all you have to do is change the text placeholders and graphics. You can add a lot of animations and transitions to really personalize your work. iCloud is built-in so that your work can flow between your Apple devices seamlessly.
Keynote is free to use as it comes pre-installed. But if you have an older MacBook, you can download it in the Mac App Store by clicking here.
2. iSkysoft Slideshow Maker
iSkysoft Slideshow Maker is a simple but feature-filled Slideshow maker for your Mac. Photo and video slideshows can be created very easily and it offers a lot of effects including transitions, motion, and filters (among others) to really add some pizzazz into your presentation. There are a large number of presentations that are also available and you can also make use of the professional templates. iSkysoft Slideshow Maker also makes it very easy to share your presentation with other Apple devices.
You can buy iSkysoft Slideshow Maker for $59.95 here for free.
3. Movavi Slideshow Maker
This is another application that is one of the best slideshow makers for Macs. You can create photo and video slideshows without a lot of effort and there are a ton of transition effects to choose from. You can easily add audio and even voiceovers and then easily convert your work into video format.
Movavi Slideshow Maker for Mac is free and you can download it by hitting this link.
4. Microsoft PowerPoint
Microsoft PowerPoint is one of the most popular slideshow makers and it is for good reason. They have a massive amount of features that can lend a lot to your presentation. In 2019, Powerpoint can add a live-action video to your slides so that you don’t have to open another app to view it and even add 3-D models so you can view it from all angles. This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to new features and you can check all that is new with Microsoft Powerpoint for Mac here.
To start using Powerpoint, however, you will have to buy the Office 365 suite. The Office 365 Personal comes in at $69.99 a year while the Office Home & Student 2019 comes in at $149.99 forever. You can check it out using this link.
5. Photostory Deluxe
Photostory Deluxe is perfect for professional uses. It has a bunch of editing features and has 300 transitions for slideshows. This program is definitely one of the best slideshow makers for Mac out there. It also has great audio editing capabilities. There are also other cool features like Travel Maps that show a red line over the globe.
You can download Photostory Deluxe by clicking here for $49.99.
6. Google Slides
Google Slides is not really a standalone application. You can easily access it if you have a Google account and an internet connection. It has a lot of fun effects that you can use anywhere and on any device. Trick mac download samsung app. It easily syncs up your work with all your devices. Google Slides is pretty basic but in a jiffy, it’s a great tool to have. There are a few layouts and themes available for you to customize. It is however pretty easy to use.
Google Slides is easy to use and you can visit here to use this free Mac slideshow maker.
7. FotoMagico 5
FotoMagico 5 lets you easily create a high-resolution presentation. It is extremely fast and will let you have a 4K slideshow within 15 minutes. There’s a wide variety of features and even an assistant that will help you create a better presentation. It also has a ton of sharing options.
FotoMagico 5 comes in at $49.99 and the pro version comes in at $99.99. You can check out the differences and buy the version you want here.
LightMV is a cloud-based service that works online just like Google Slides. You don’t have a lot of features (11 templates to choose from) but it is very convenient and accessible. It’s completely free to use and requires no signup whatsoever. This is why it is a really good slideshow maker for Mac.
You can visit their website here.
14 Free Mac Slideshow Makers
We have some honorable mentions. This list consists of 6 more ppt slideshow makers for Mac including the 8 mentioned above.
- iSkysoft Slideshow Maker
- Movavi Slideshow Maker
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Photostory Deluxe
- Google Slides
- FotoMagico 5
- 4K Slideshow Maker
- Photo Stage Slideshow Pro
- Libre Office Impress
That’s all there is to it. Hopefully, you can get the perfect slideshow maker for Mac and have the best tool for making presentations. If you have any doubts or suggestions, please let us know in the comment section down below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Which is the best slideshow maker?
Best Slideshow App For Mac 2018
- And is there a slideshow program for Mac?
Actually, it is hard to define which kinds of software will be the best slideshow maker, but for sure, there are lots of slideshow creator can works on Mac operating system. So, it is quite easy to find a slideshow program for your Mac.
In this post, I'll show you top 11 free slideshow maker for Mac, and you can choose any one to create interesting, animated videos in form of slideshows from your pictures while adding your favorite music or sounds to run in the background.
Read Also:9 Advanced & Free Slideshow Maker for Windows
Well, I'd like to show all of you the detailed steps of creating a stunning slideshow with one of the best slideshow maker in the below list. You can check that steps to see how easy the program works.
Now, let's get started..
[Reviews] 11 Best & Free Slideshow Maker for Mac
#1. Filmora Video Editor (Mac)
Filmora Video Editor for Mac is an easy-to-use yet powerful video editing software with photo video slideshow maker tools. You can import any photos and do changes with the editing tools, and then create photo video slideshow easily. And it provides you with hundreds of effects, including filters, transitions, titles, texts and more.
Key Features of Filmora Video Editor:
- Edit videos, photos and audio with powerful editing tools, including cutting, splitting, cropping, merging, rotating, etc.
- Create photo video slideshow with wonderful free effects, including transitions, filters, overlays, elements, titles, etc.
- Add background music or sound effects to the slideshow according to your own needs.
- Export the slideshow to any formats, device, share on YouTube, Vimeo or burn to DVD as you like.
#2. iSkysoft Slideshow Maker for Mac
iSkysoft Slideshow Maker perfectly works with Mac OS, making fantastic movies or slideshows out of your videos and photos. Besides, it can also burn the videos and photos into DVD from your iMovie files and iPhoto files. iSkysoft Slideshow Maker for Mac combines the function of both iMovie and iPhoto and lets users to add more effects when make slideshow on Mac.
- Make a slideshow with lots of professional themes and editing features.
- Share it all on iTunes, iDVD, YouTube, iPhone, iPad, or burn to DVD and more.
- Allow you to add your own credits, captions titles, background music and other effects.
- Full compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, and 10.11 EL Capitan.
iPhoto is a slideshow making program for Mac that has a beautiful interface which makes it easy to learn and use. With an extensive range of special effects, this software makes it ideal to use. It comes with different audio effects and shortcuts that you can use to make the slideshows. Aside from this factor, it also has great editing tools and great effects that you can use to make your slideshow interesting. Its photo organization helpers allow you to share your pictures or slideshows on Facebook and other social media forums.
#4. DVD Creator for Mac
iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac is another highly recommended slideshow maker for Mac users. This all-in-one tool enables you to simply drag and drop your photos and videos to the program and create slideshow. You can add background music to make the slideshow attractive. Besides slideshow creating, you can also convert videos in any format from any source to DVD disc or DVD file. See more benefits with this Mac slideshow creator.
- Make slideshow with photos and background music.
- Convert slideshow to DVD files and DVD disc.
- Burn DVD with any videos in any format.
- Provide thousands of free DVD menu templates.
#5. HyperEngine AV
The HyperEngine-Av which was previously a Montage is a great multimedia editor which allows you to combine seamless photos, videos, texts and sounds to come up with great slideshows of family movies or even business presentations easily and quickly. With the HyperEngine, one can drag and drop media clips from a FireWire DV camera. You can later arrange this in your workshop to slideshows or movies.
This software is preinstalled on Macs but which can also be downloaded online. It comes with several themes, new titles, video stabilization features that you can use to create slideshows. Whether you are using an upgraded version or not; iMovie comes with simple features which make the video editing process fun, satisfying and relatively easy not to mention stress free. You do not need any prior experience to fully use this software.
This is a built-in software that comes pre-bundled with your Mac. It lets you create video slideshows and picture slideshows using your digital media contents. It even offers an intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Furthermore, with this software, you can also burn or write your slideshows into a DVD disc on your Mac and enjoy the contents on Apple TV, computers or any other DVD players.Pros:
- It's a free slideshow maker software that comes pre-bundled with your Mac.
- It offers a simple & intuitive interface which is easy to navigate.
- You can also burn your slideshow to a DVD using this software.
- This comes with restricted features, for example, basic editing options, rudimentary theme or styling options.
- This software doesn't allow to share your slideshow with friends & family.
It is an open-source tool for Mac OS X which can be used to make a slideshow program with image files. Originally inspired by a specialized tool (JPEGView), this effective slideshow generator comes with various useful customization options. With JPEGDeux, you can easily display your slideshows in full-screen mode, in a window, and in the Dock.Pros:
- It's an open-sourced slideshow maker tool for Mac OS X users.
- It comes with several outstanding features especially the customization options.
- You can easily create slideshows from recursive directories.
- It's reliable and completely safe to use.
Good Slideshow App For Mac DownloadCons:
- The software doesn't come with vast editing options.
- JPEGDeux doesn't allow you to share your slideshows with family & friends.
#9. FotoMagico 5
This tool presents you an absolutely trouble-free way to make a vivid yet beautiful slideshow on your Mac while using your existing photos, videos, music & text. Thus, you'll eventually create a high-resolution video or live presentation in a snap. What's more - this software offers you 4K Ultra HD resolution & splitting fast speed (that is less than 15 minutes). Considering all these features, FotoMagico 5 is a nice choice when it comes to choosing free slideshow maker.Pros:
- Allows you to easily create stunningly beautiful & professional looking slideshow.
- Allows you to import photos, videos, music & text into your slideshow.
- Offers interesting features like 4K Ultra HD resolution & splitting fast speed.
- Many important Pro features are only available to its premium licensed versions such as timeline view, recording mode, direct access to Lightroom photo libraries, additional export options etc.
- The latest version of FotoMagico 5 is available only for Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later.
#10. Muvee Reveal Express for Mac
If you're looking for a free yet convenient slideshow maker for Mac OS X, then you can definitely try this software : Muvee Reveal Express for Mac. You can easily transform your photos into a live slideshow video with a maximum of 50 photos. You can also choose from one of five exciting styles, starting from Scrapbook-style slideshows to music-video slideshows (trailer type). Also, you can export your slideshow to iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch etc.Pros:
- Easily create a slideshow and export it to your gadgets.
- You can make multiple slideshows with different songs & finally string them together.
- Share your slideshows on big screens with iDVD or using Airplay.
- The latest version of this tool comes as a licensed and premium software.
- You are limited to import a total of 50 photos in your slideshow.
- It comes with only five styles or default themes.
#11. 4K Slideshow Maker
It is a convenient, easy-to-use, and straightforward app that allows you to create slideshows. You can add the desired photos from your own Mac or from Instagram, select the music & then apply various gorgeous effects, filters, and transitions. It also comes with the advanced face recognition technology. Finally, you can save your slideshow on your iPhone or share it on Facebook.
Recording format: MP4, FLV, MOV, MKV, TS. Free software for unlimited screen recording for mac. Recording Quality: Standard Definition, High (Full HD 1080p) Definition.Pros:
- Add photos from your local folder or directly download them from your Instagram account.
- Save the slideshow in Ultra 4K HD quality and enjoy the highest quality content on your iPhone, HD TV or even online.
- Add your favorite music and customize the duration as per your wish.
- Select your favorite video output format – Mac OS X Standard, Windows Standard, iPhone 5/4/3GS, YouTube, Facebook, iPad/iPad Mini etc.
- It doesn't allow you to burn your slideshow to a DVD.
- It doesn't offer too many editing options.
- It comes with only five styles or default themes.
Bonus: How to Make Movie Slideshow with Filmora Video Editor?
Step 1. Download and install Slideshow Maker for Mac, run this program, and you'll see its interface as below. Choose 'New Project' and enter the video editing panel.
Step 2. Drag and drop your photos or video clips you wish to put into the video slideshow into the program, then you'll find them in the media library one by one. Drag these media files into the timeline for editing.
Step 3. Ensure the media clips are located in the right order, then, you can split, rotate, crop or zoom your video clips or pictures as you like. Here, you can also double-click it to do more editings.
You can also add some special effects to make your video slideshow looks naturally as follows:
- 100+ Free Transition Effects to Make Your Video Special
Mac Slideshow Software
- How to Make An Intro/Outro for Your Video
Step 4. When all settings have done, you can preview the slideshow in the Preview window and then, hit 'Export' button to choose an video format or platform to save your output slideshow video.
Done! So, what're you waiting for now?
Just pick up the right slideshow maker software to create stunning slideshows on Mac computer easily. If you feel hard to make a decision, I'd like to recommend you to start the editing process from the Filmora Video Editor for Mac.
Click the below icon to get the free trial version now.