Flume for Mac is an Instagram app that lets you access the popular photo sharing service natively on your computer without the need of a web browser. Almost 10 months into its release, the developer has now updated the app, releasing Flume version 2.0 with some significant new features and improvements, including support for uploading photos. Discover some of Flume's features Upload PRO. Upgrade to Flume Pro and upload your photos and videos directly from your Mac. Multiple Accounts PRO. Flume Pro also lets you add all the accounts you manage. Insights and Promotions. Get statistics about your posts and followers, and promote your posts (requires an Instagram Business profile). Direct Messaging.
Bring all messengers into one
Your computer and mobile phone live two different lives. There are apps so broad-gauge you can’t limit their functionality to mobile or tablet only. And there’s hardly a better example than Instagram. Focused on photo and video sharing, Instagram grew into a tool for recording every moment of your routine. While lots of communication happens around Instagram posts and stories, it was inevitable for the app to become a messenger as well. And so it became!
You can access Instagram on Mac via your browser — it covers the features like browsing through the feed, commenting, and liking. Since recently, you can also read and send Instagram messages on computer. What the web version doesn’t support is the Instagram upload feature. This means you can not share your content to Instagram from a browser. But worry not, there are some workarounds — both inside the native app and with the assistance of third-party tools.
Instagram DMs: How does it work?
Instagram Direct was added to the platform in 2013, around three years after the launch. You can access Instagram direct messages (DMs) via the icon in the top right corner of your Feed from mobile or on the web. Here’s what you can do with the Instagram messenger:
- Share text messages, Instagram posts/photos/hashtags/locations, as well as photos and videos from your phone’s library with people you’re following.
- Send a message to Instagram users you’re not following — the recipient will see it as a message request.
- Respond to stories in private messages (with text or instant emoji reactions).
- Create group messages (up to 32 people can be invited to the group).
- Video chat with up to 6 people via Instagram Direct.
You can read more about the capabilities of DMs on the Instagram Help Centre.
DM on Instagram from Mac
Get a huge set of top apps for DM on Instagram from Mac, view your messages, and receive notifications without having to switch to mobile. Best utilities in one pack, give it a go!
How to check Instagram messages on Mac
Once you receive a message on Instagram, you’ll see a number count appear with your DM icon. Tap it and you get access to the message. For a long time, this was the only way to check direct messages on Instagram — by launching the app. Since 2017, Instagram has also added the notifications feature, allowing users to view messages right from a phone’s locked screen.
Enable notifications for Instagram messages on Mac
How to check direct messages on Instagram on computer? To allow Instagram send you notifications, you have to do the following:
- Click on your profile page (a person icon in the bottom right corner of the screen)
- From your profile, go to the main menu in the upper right corner and click on Settings.
- Select Notifications > Direct Messages.
- Click “On” if you want the app to notify you about incoming messages, message requests, and video chats.
In the same menu, you can customize notifications settings for posts, likes, comments as well as pause all in a click.
IM+ for a flawless management of Instagram accounts
An all-in-one messenger for Mac, IM+ gives you the flexibility of choice in terms of how many messenger accounts you can handle from one spot. It also covers the DM feature of Instagram, along with other messengers of your choice. Basically, it’s an aggregator of messengers that supports popular platforms, from Slack to Facebook Messenger to Telegram, and sits in your Dock for easy access to all communications.
The key pain IM+ is solving relates to the number of accounts you can manage. The app simplifies your life if you need to toggle between business and personal accounts on Instagram. Plus, sometimes we all get into a messaging loop — switching between Telegram, Facebook Messenger, and Instagram. IM+ puts it all into a sidebar, so you don’t have to dig around.
Here’s how IM+ adds flexibility into your Instagram routine:
- Instagram DM: If you use Instagram with IM+, the app will show you the DM icon — just as on mobile. You can use it to check Instagram messages from Mac as well as create and send the new ones.
- Get notified: Enable notifications and IM+ will prompt you whenever someone sends you a direct message on Instagram.
- Toggle across accounts: Add multiple Instagram accounts and set up hotkeys for an access to the most frequently used accounts.
- Update your status: When your messaging time is over, or you simply want to take a break, change your status to “unavailable” across all accounts at once. You can also easily mute notifications from the menu bar.
Whether for different channels or multiple Instagram accounts, IM+ is a perfect tool for business communication. If you want to learn more about how to reap benefits from Instagram for Business, check out this guide.
Beautiful Instagram journey on Mac with Uplet
IM+ works if you need to check DMs on Instagram, but it’s pretty much limited to messaging. Uplet is a whole different story. A full-featured Instagram app for Mac, it fills the gaps by bringing the native features of a mobile Instagram app to macOS. Fair to say, it even makes many things easier.
As you launch Uplet, you’ll see an undistracting interface, placing a huge focus on the missing feature of Instagram on Mac — the upload functionality.
Open the VBE by using any one of the following methods:. Software that can find duplicate sentences in mac notes. You write macros in a part of Word that most users never see: the Visual Basic Editor (the VBE).
How to post photo and video to Instagram from Mac
Once you’ve mastered Instagram DM on Mac, dive deeper into Uplet — it has many beautiful assets you can benefit from:
Upload photos from your Mac’s desktop. The most wanted feature across all Instagram apps is photo upload. Uplet enables you to bulk upload any content stored on your Mac to Instagram using drag and drop.
Edit every photo individually. No matter how many images of videos you upload, Uplet lets you create a unique appearance for each of them. Adjust the dimensions, post full-size images, and add captions with hashtags flexibly.
Toggle between accounts. Just as with IM+, you can use Uplet for managing both your personal and business accounts — without any limitations. The best thing is you don’t even have to sign in and out if you use multiple accounts — there’s an easy toggle for that.
Tweaking Instagram on a Mac
Without using any third-party software on Mac, your Instagram life is pretty much limited to viewing photos, liking, and commenting. But it’s not carved in stone, though. You can make Instagram think you’re accessing the platform from your mobile phone and thus get access to some of the features like Instagram DMs and photo upload.
What you can do is change browser user agent to iPhone or iPad to enable photo upload on a Mac:
- Open Safari Preferences > Advanced.
- Check the box next to “Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar.”
- Click on Develop in the top menu bar and select User Agent.
- Choose the latest version of iPhone or iPad available on the list.
- Reload or access your Instagram page at www.instagram.com — you’ll see the mobile version with full-fledged upload functionality.
Well, it still has some limitations. If you change user agent to mobile, you’ll be able to post photos and stories as well as do some basic editing — like rotate or add text and stamps to stories. However, you won’t be able to upload video. Plus, there won’t be any of the filters and color effects available.
Flume App Instagram
Note: Instagram thinks you’re using your phone, so it might occasionally give you mobile-related prompts. For instance, it can ask you to rotate your device. To fix the problem, you’ll just need to make the window look narrower by dragging its edge inwards.
Cheating is cheating. You can use the option of tweaking Instagram settings for emergency cases, but it doesn’t cater for frequent use. This is why we recommend having a native app like Uplet installed on your Mac. This is the best way to bulk upload photos and videos. If you need to use Instagram DM online, you can get it in the web version via your browser. For consolidated messaging, use IM+ messenger with Setapp. As a nice perk, you get around 180 other macOS tools in the same package for a flat fee.
Flume 2020 – Flume is an Instagram client that offers us interesting functions to improve our use of the social network and is much more attractive than the official app. This app was build by Flume Inc. and updated into the latest version at This year. Download for free now on Apps4Mac.com
Flume for MAC Latest Version
Flume 126.96.36.199 – Download for Mac Free. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about Flume that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||Flume App|
|File Size||39.6 MB|
About Flume App for MAC
- Minimum operating system requirements: macOS 10.10.
- Offers in-app purchases.
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download Flume for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the Flume .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the Flume is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy Flume for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing Flume apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete Flume apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
Flume Instagram For Windows
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the Flume that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the Flume icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall Flume on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove Flume from your MAC!
Flume Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Download Flume App
- Not Available Yet
Flume For Instagram
This Flume .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in our Hosting. Whenever you click the “Download” button on this web page, files will downloading directly from the owner sources Official Site. Flume is an app for MAC that developed by Inc. We are not directly affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, item names and business names or logos that talked about in here are the property of their respective owners. We’re DMCA-compliant and gladly to cooperation with you.