May 12,2020 • Filed to: iPhone Tips • Proven solutions
Jul 02, 2020 A new strain of malware targeting Mac users has been spotted. The malware, called ThiefQuest, is being delivered pushed to would-be victims as part of an infected torrent download. Dec 28, 2019 Top best Security Apps for iPhone iPad: iOS 10/ iOS 11 or later Track Device: Pray or Find my iPhone. (2020), iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPad All Generation, iPad Pro All Models, MacOS Catalina or Earlier MacOS for iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, WatchOS 6 & Earlier on Apple Watch 5/4/3/2/1, Apple TV. You can also mention iOS/iPadOS/MacOS. 1 day ago Avast Security for Mac is one of the most popular security suites available, and it’s easy to see why. It’s effective and free for noncommercial use, providing on-demand tools for quickly. Sign me up Stay informed about special deals, the latest products, events, and more from Microsoft Store. Available to United States residents. Most of the Wi-Fi cameras on the market are pretty much plug and play. All you need to do is find software that helps you monitor all of them at once. The following are 8 of the best free Wi-Fi camera apps to monitor all of your wireless home security cameras at once on a Windows machine.
In today’s mobile device market, you may hear the term iOS so, what is iOS? It is an operating system developed by Apple Inc. for their all mobile devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod. This OS is mainly popular for its optimization with Apple hardware. Unlike other operating systems, iOS is a closed platform which means you will only be able to download the application from Apple App Store The system is capable of virus protection for iPhone and other devices.
iOS is a closed platform so, there are very fewer chances of security bug. Our phone probably has sensitive information on it, so it may be a good idea to install some security software on it. On the app store, there are lots of security applications are available but, choosing the best is a difficult task. Here, we provide the best Free Security apps for iOS devices.
1. Avira Mobile Security
Avira Mobile security is an iPhone security app designed and developed by Avira. It is powered by lots of security feature that protect the user from various phishing attacks and much more. Like Find My iPhone, you can also track your lost device and perform various operations from device tracking to data erase.
- Avira Web Protection: Avira Mobile Security is one of best iPhone security apps which offer web protection. Getting engaging with web protection, you will protect from phishing websites. If the website is unsafe then it warns you unsafe.
- Identity Safeguard: It is not limited to such services, Avira Mobile Security alert you if your email was leaking.
- Device tracking: It anti-theft tool allows the user to protect your device from stolen or lost. You can use the anti-theft feature to know where your device is.
- Antivirus support: Avira Mobile Security also works as a free antivirus for iPhone. So, you don’t have to worry about malicious programs and link you your iOS device.
2. Find My iPhone
Find My iPhone is an inbuilt free security app developed by Apple Inc. This is basically a remote location tracking service that allows the user to locate the iPhone device over the internet. It is designed for both iOS and Mac devices to know where the device is.
- Easy to use: It consists of the clean user interface; there is no need for extra computer skill to use this service. You just have to log in to your Apple Account on PC to know the location of your device. It will show you mobile phones on geo maps that are connected to your account.
- Play Sound: Getting engaging with this option, it will play a sound at maximum volume. This is helpful if your device is misplaced.
- Lost Mode: With this feature, you can flag your device lost or stolen. This will allow you to lock the device to protect your data.
- Erase iPhone: if your device can’t be located then you can use erase iPhone to erase all your personal data.
Wickr is a mobile security app designed and developed by San Francisco, United States. This company is mainly known for its IM applications. Wickr is designed for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac operating system.
- Privacy and Security: Unlike other tools, every message that you sent or receive is end-to-end encrypted. Wickr will never store and access any message without your permission.
- Privacy: There is no need to register Wickr account with a mobile number or email address. Your address book is remaining private with them and not stored on their server.
- free antivirus for iPhone: Unlike other security tools, Wickr application does not contain any irritating ads.
- Easy to use: There is no need of special computer skill to use this security app.
4. Lookout- Security and identity theft protection
Lookout is an iPhone security app that is developed by San Francisco-based mobile security company. This tool is developed for both Android and iOS operating system. It consists of lots of features that makes is better than others.
- System Advisor: It will alert you when your device is in danger or your device is jailbroken.
- Theft Alert: With its advanced algorithm, it will send you an email with your device location when your device is stolen or lost.
- Social media watch: unlike other security tools, it will keep an eye on your social media account to check your personal information security.
5. Pic Lock 3 Ulitmate
Pic Lock 3 Ultimate is another iPhone security app that is mainly designed to protect you from harmful threats. More than 2,800,000 users use this app on their iOS device in their day to day life. It is equipped with a ton of features, unlike other security apps.
- Application Locker: Pick Lock 3 Ultimate tool will allow us to lock photos and video app to protect them from unauthorized users.
- Location: If your device is stolen or lost, one can locate the device real-time location by using its location feature.
- Surveillance system: If the user enters the wrong password more than 3 times then, this tool will capture a photo with the front camera.
- Private Browsing: Like web browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, it allows the user to browse the internet in private browsing.
dr.fone - iOS Data Recovery is a Data recovery tool that allows the user to recover any kind of data from iOS devices. It supports to recover more than 20 types of data. This tool is designed for devices running on iOS OS such as iPhone, iPod, and iPad. It performs data recovery in three simple steps Scan – Preview – Recover. You can download this tool from their official website at very affordable prices.
- Professional Recovery modes: Does not matter data is deleted from iPad, iPod, or iPhone, this tool will enable the user to retrieve the data. The user can use 3 recover modes such as from iOS device directly, iTunes backup files, and iCloud backup files.
- Supported File Formats: dr.fone have an ability to recover any kind of file such as Photo, Contact, Notes, Messenger, Safari Bookmark and many others file types.
- Supported iOS devices: unlike other data recovery tools, it supports iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
6. Norton Mobile Security
Norton Mobile Security is an iPhone Security app developed by Symantec which is mainly popular as a security solution expert. It can do a couple of things to protect you from various problems such as Theft, backup, and many other problems.
- Real-time location tracking: With its GPS location tracking feature, one can track stolen or lost device real-time location.
- Parental control: Norton Mobile Security also offer parental control feature that allows the parent to keep an eye on their kids to protect them from various harmful problems such as Pornography, Cyberbullying, predators and other harmful threats.
7. Note Lock
Note Lock is one of the best free security apps that is mainly designed for iOS devices such as iPhone, iPod, iPad. If you are a business owner or lecturer then it is best for you. The main purpose of this app is note writing. If you are journalist them you can use it for an interview, a couple of love letter and much more.
- Lock screen: one can protect particular app with a password by using this app. Password protection such as Lock system, inactive lock system, Password lock, Pattern lock, Pin Lock, and folder lock.
- Customization: Unlike another tool, one can customize the app with themes, font style, gesture and much more. You can download such themes form their official theme store.
8. 360 Mobile Security
It is the best iPhone security app developed by 360 Mobile Security limited for devices running on iOS and Android operating system. 360 Mobile Security is all-in-one security tool that consists of powerful features such as power cleaner, smart speed booster, and antivirus support.
- Battery saver: if your device battery is draining then, use 360 mobile security smart battery features and kill all redundant apps.
- Harmful program remover: Virus removal tool protect the user device from harmful threats such as malware, Trojan, adware, and vulnerabilities.
- Junk File cleaner: Phone is getting slow? Try 360 mobile security app that has a capability to remove cache memory data to make the phone faster.
9. Kaspersky browser
Kaspersky browser is an iPhone security app that is designed by Kaspersky Lab. Currently; it is available for devices running on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS operating system. You can also this use as a kids and employees monitoring solution to know what they are doing while online.
- App Lock: like other security tools, one can lock any application on their iOS device. You can protect it with passcode, pattern, and password.
- Web protection: it protects the user from various harmful threats on the web such as Predators, Cyberbullying, adult content, phishing attacks, malicious links and many other threats.
10. Prey Anti-Theft
This is an Anti-Theft solution that allows the user to know the real-time location of the stolen or lost device. It is designed for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac operating system.
- Geolocation tracking: getting engaging with this feature, you can track your devices such as Mobile phone, tablet, and laptop anywhere in the world from anywhere.
- Data Protection: When your data is at risk then, pray allows you to remotely wipe the relevant information or you can lock the device remotely.
11. Duo Mobile
Duo Mobile is one of the best free security apps that work with two-factor authentication service. This security app generates security codes and password for login. You can use this for you iOS device such as iPhone, iPad, and iPod devices.
- Easy, one-tap Authentication: Now login is very easy and secure with Duo mobile. It generates one-time passcodes that user can type into their Login prompt.
- Security Checkup: Security Checkup is designed for both iOS and Android operating systems. This feature allows the user to maintain the security protection.
Kryptos is a mobile security application that is developed by Kryptos Communication, Inc. for iOS devices. It is a secure, fast, fully encrypted voice communication application. The trial version of this app is free but after the trial period expires, you have to pay for services.
- Advanced algorithm: Kryptos utilizes military grade 256 bit AES encryption so; you don’t have to worry about your personal activities.
NordVPN is a security app for iOS devices; it allows the user to work online anonymously and safely. It scores extremely high on its security features with above average connection speed.
- Double data encryption: unlike other VPN tools, it protects the user activity with double encryption to prevent data loss and leak.
- Easier VPN: You just have to download it from the app store and install it. There is no need for extra knowledge to use this app.
14. Best Phone Security Pro
This application will protect your iPhone from unauthorized users by protecting it with a passcode. The main purpose of this app is that it captures the photo when they put the wrong passcode.
- Alert: It will capture the image of the user when they enter the wrong password and save these photos to the cloud such as Dropbox.
- Alarm: One can record the voice and set an alarm for spying purposes.
We design Mac hardware and software with advanced technologies that work together to run apps more securely, protect your data, and help keep you safe on the web. And with macOS Catalina available as a free upgrade, it’s easy to get the most secure version of macOS for your Mac.*
Apple T2 chip.
The next generation of security.
The Apple T2 Security Chip — included with many newer Mac models — keeps your Mac safer than ever. The Secure Enclave coprocessor in the Apple T2 chip provides the foundation for Touch ID, secure boot, and encrypted storage capabilities. Touch ID gives you a seamless way to use your fingerprint to unlock your Mac, fill passwords in Safari, and make purchases with Apple Pay. Secure boot helps ensure that you are running trusted operating system software from Apple, while the Apple T2 chip automatically encrypts the data on your Mac. So you can be confident knowing that security has been designed right into the architecture of your Mac, from the ground up.
Apple helps you keep your Mac secure with software updates.
The best way to keep your Mac secure is to run the latest software. When new updates are available, macOS sends you a notification — or you can opt in to have updates installed automatically when your Mac is not in use. macOS checks for new updates every day, so it’s easy to always have the latest and safest version.
Protection starts at the core.
The technically sophisticated runtime protections in macOS work at the very core of your Mac to keep your system safe from malware. This starts with state-of-the-art antivirus software built in to block and remove malware. Technologies like XD (execute disable), ASLR (address space layout randomization), and SIP (system integrity protection) make it difficult for malware to do harm, and they ensure that processes with root permission cannot change critical system files.
Download apps safely from the Mac App Store. And the internet.
Now apps from both the App Store and the internet can be installed worry-free. App Review makes sure each app in the App Store is reviewed before it’s accepted. Gatekeeper on your Mac ensures that all apps from the internet have already been checked by Apple for known malicious code — before you run them the first time. If there’s ever a problem with an app, Apple can quickly stop new installations and even block the app from launching again.
Stay in control of what data apps can access.
Apps need your permission to access files in your Documents, Downloads, and Desktop folders as well as in iCloud Drive and external volumes. And you’ll be prompted before any app can access the camera or mic, capture keyboard activity, or take a photo or video of your screen.
Free Apps For Mac
FileVault 2 encrypts your data.
With FileVault 2, your data is safe and secure — even if your Mac falls into the wrong hands. FileVault 2 encrypts the entire drive on your Mac, protecting your data with XTS-AES 128 encryption. And on Mac systems with an Apple T2 Security Chip, FileVault 2 keys are created and protected by the Secure Enclave for even more security.
Designed to protect your privacy.
The most secure browser for your Mac is the one that comes with your Mac. Built-in privacy features in Safari, like Intelligent Tracking Prevention, help keep your browsing your business. Automatic strong passwords make it easy to create and use unique passwords for all the sites you visit. And iCloud Keychain syncs those passwords securely across all your devices, so you don’t have to remember them. You can also easily find and upgrade any weak passwords you’ve previously used (and reused and reused and reused).
Automatic protections from harmful sites.
Top Security Apps For Mac Free
Safari also helps safeguard you against fraudulent websites and those that harbor malware — before you visit them. If a website seems suspicious, Safari prevents it from loading and notifies you. And when connecting to unencrypted sites, Safari will warn you. So everything you need to browse without worry is right at your fingertips.
Jan 17, 2020 As a best practice, you should keep both a file backup and a clone of your Mac. Does My Mac Come with Backup Software? Yes, it does. Time Machine is macOS’ built-in software. All you need is an external hard drive to get started. Easy to use, Time Machine is a “set-it-and-forget-it” experience. Best backup software for mac other than time machine free.
Find your missing Mac with Find My.
The Find My app combines Find My iPhone and Find My Friends into a single, easy-to-use app on Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Find My can help you locate a missing Mac — even if it’s offline or sleeping — by sending out Bluetooth signals that can be detected by nearby Apple devices. These devices then relay the detected location of your Mac to iCloud so you can locate it in the Find My app. It’s all anonymous and encrypted end-to-end so no one — including Apple — knows the identity of any reporting device or the location of your Mac. And it all happens silently using tiny bits of data that piggyback on existing network traffic. So there’s no need to worry about your battery life, your data usage, or your privacy being compromised.
Keep your Mac safe.
Even if it’s in the wrong hands.
All Mac models with the Apple T2 Security Chip support Activation Lock — just like your iPhone or iPad. So if your Mac is ever misplaced or lost, the only person who can erase and reactivate it is you.