You can read on this post – Top 5 Mac cleaner reviews – to find out what is the best Mac cleaner for your Macbook, iMac or Mac mini to run more smoothly.
Best Mac Cleaner Software and Optimization Utilities 2020 Stop your Mac getting bogged down with useless files and memory hogging applications. Clean your Mac with one of these best Mac cleaner.
Mac Tips & Issue Fixes
Mac Related Tips
Mac Problems & Fixes
Mac Clean Tips
In fact, even Apple Macs need regular clean up like any other Windows computers. To clean up Mac manually is a laborious task, and it is not nearly enough. That’s how some professional Mac cleaner software comes. An old Mac can store gigabytes of junk files and which can not only take up space but also slows your Mac.
In this article, we have rounded up 5 of the best Mac cleaner software with their reviews and screenshots for you to speed up your Mac by cleaning up all unnecessary junk files on your device. Please check out and find a suitable one for your Mac.
1. Best Mac Cleaner – MacClean 3
MacClean offers you “60-Days Money Back Guarantee”, you can ask a refund if you find it doesn’t work well. Get It Now
MacClean is the best Mac cleaner for all Mac desktops and laptops. It is mainly for Mac users who want to clean up and free up Mac hard drive with no effort.
Main Features of MacClean
- It is fully capable of detecting and removing all types of junk files – Internet Junk, User Junk, System Junk, Development Junk, and Application Junk from Mac.
- It wipes out malicious cookies and malware from Mac to keep your Mac safe.
- It provides you with 10 useful tools like Duplicates Finder, Old & Large Files Finder, File Eraser, App Uninstaller, and Extension Manager, etc.
- It works all Macs including MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, etc.
Related Reading: Download MacClean Now >
2. MacPaw CleanMyMac 3
CleanMyMac 3 as its name expresses, is an easy to manage Mac cleaning software that made to clean and maintain your Mac. There is a free trial but you need to buy it for $39.95 (License for 1 Mac).
Main Features of CleanMyMac 3
- It helps clean the junk files from your Mac like user cache files, user log files, system log files, broken preferences, iOS software updates, etc.
- It finds out and removes old files from Mac to free up space.
- It manages to delete entire applications, including all the extra files.
- It empties the trash can on Mac and makes it unrecoverable.
Mac Cleaning Software – CleanMyMac 3
Also Read: 11 Ways to Make Your Mac Faster >
3. Mac Cleaning Software – Smart Mac Care
Smart Mac Care is an all-in-one tool to keep your Mac healthy and secure by removing malware infections, unwanted junk files and privacy traces.
Main Features of Smart Mac Care
- Malware Scan: It helps you detect and remove malware infections provide security to your system, eliminating unwanted system crashes and abnormal functioning.
- Junk Scan: It can smartly detect cache files, log files, trash etc. that are no longer in use and delete them in few clicks.
- Privacy Scan module scans all the browsers installed on your Mac for Internet history, cookies and application cache.
- It includes some tools like Uninstaller, Duplicate Finder, Failed Downloads and Login Items etc. All of them can help boost system performance and recover considerable hard disk space.
4. Mac Cleaning Software – Detox My Mac
Detox My Mac is basically the Mac software cleaner. It is designed to clean up junk stored in the storage space on the Mac and makes the memory space free. There is a free trial of Detox My Mac which allows you to scan and remove logs and trashes like user logs, trash bin, etc. And you need to unlock the full version for $24.95 for more functions.
Main Features of Detox My Mac
- It’s quite simple and easy to use.
- It helps remove only those unused files and documents that clutter your Mac, letting you with a lot of free memory on your Mac.
- It removes unused language files for applications and systems helping free up more disk space.
- It manages to delete unused history files for browsers and applications.
Mac Cleaning Software – Detox My Mac
5. Mac Cleaning Software – AppZapper
Top Mac Cleaning Software
Removing applications from your Mac is an easy job, however, the leftovers like behind folders and preference files still take hard drive space and generally clutter your system. AppZapper allows you to uninstall application as well as the app left – just drag and drop.
Main Features of AppZapper
- It is very easy to use, you can uninstall any app by dragging the app onto AppZapper.
- It finds all the extra files left on your Mac and allows you to remove them in a single click.
- It remembers which apps you want to keep safe, and the log tracks all the files you’ve zapped.
You May Like: How to Make Mac Faster in Three Methods >
The Bottom Line
If your Mac computer is getting sluggish, that means its time to clean out it with some Mac cleaner. You can choose one from the above mentioned tools. If you have any good ideas about the best Mac cleaning software, please share it with us in the comment section.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
If you manually try to keep your Mac tidy and clean, you’ll be wasting endless hours deleting files, folders, images, and videos. Plus there are countless places where junk accumulates on a hard drive, and those places will be very difficult to find the manual way.
But luckily, there are better ways: Enter Mac cleaners!
A Mac cleaner saves you from all this tedious cleaning. And today, millions of users benefit from affordable cleaning software to save valuable time.
And did you know most Mac users can have up to 62 GB of junk on their devices? That’s definitely an alarming figure. Network sniffer software for mac free. And this might be one of the reasons why your Mac does not run at its peak.
Now, let’s check out some of the best Mac cleaner apps on the market. Starting with the best one:
Best Mac Cleaner Software in 2020: CleanMyMac X
First, let me say I loved the one-button cleaning system, which mechanically cleans selected parts of my Mac. In addition to meticulous cleaning operations, CleanMyMac X also offers valuable monitoring and maintenance features, making it easier to uninstall applications. No residue files are left behind as it takes care of plugins, widgets, and extensions!
Secondly, the Smart Cleanup function scanned my Mac in less than a minute. Now that’s pretty impressive considering I have a 500GB solid-state drive! Not only is it fast, but it easily detected heaps of junk, and swiftly got rid of all types of junk files.
Another feature I like is Large & Old Files, a scan that sorts your files into different groups. This is great since you don’t have to check every folder manually to ensure thorough cleaning.
Furthermore, you can easily eliminate several broken items, old logs, and outdated caches. And it will also get rid of all localization files for the languages you don’t need. There’s no other tool that promises a more convenient way to remove broken downloads, old software updates and device backups. And you’re probably not aware of the cache files hidden in your photo library. CleanMyMac takes care of that too! Mac users can save gigabytes without ever losing a single image.
CleanMyMac X continues to dominate the Mac cleanup software industry and enjoys a strong reputation in a competitive market. The software has a free trial for a limited time. However, a single full license is going to cost you a little under $40.
- Features both Smart Cleanup and Deep Cleaning
- Has other useful features, such as Uninstaller and Shredder
- Incredibly simple to use with an intuitive and sleek user interface
- Some alerts are a bit annoying
- The trial version is limited to 500 MBs
Best Mac Cleaner Runner Up’s
The following tools will also do a good cleaning job. However, they may not always be as efficient as CleanMyMac X. CleanMyMac X s the only tool that completely eliminates all junk, uninstalls unnecessary applications, plus deletes any unwanted files they leave behind. And in combination with its superior features and sleek interface, there’s just no other Mac cleaning apps that come close.
But let’s have a look at the alternatives. Starting with Drive Genius 5:
Runner Up #1: Drive Genius 5
Drive Genius 5 does a great job using its optimization and de-fragging tools. The software automatically scans your system to identify malware, making it easy to get rid of duplicate files and identify a lot of hardware-related problems.
Furthermore, the cleaner software repairs most kinds of folder errors and logical files to prevent future problems. Users can explore through 3 functional modules; Protect, Speed Up and Clean Up:
- The Speed Up module offers two features: Defragment and a Speed tab.
- The Clean Up module has several different tools, including Repartition which shows you all of your Mac partitions so you can delete or organize them to free up space on your Mac. However, this feature is not available on macOS High Sierra.
- The Protect module offers functional features, such as Malware Scan to inspect all your files in search of any malware. This list is updated daily. The Physical Check feature fixes all kinds of hardware issues that could lead to any damage.
Drive Genius 5 also finds duplicates and larger files that you probably don’t need. And thanks to its Clone features, the cleaner figures out your drive configuration, in case you need to copy it’s content to a new drive. Finally, there’s a handy Repair and Rebuild features to give you more control over the cleaning process.
Unfortunately, there’s no possibility of recovery.
- Drive testing and repair
- Cloning feature
- No recovery feature
- Slow malware scanning
- Not enough customization of duplicate scanning
- Too many email alerts
Drive Genius 5 is not free, and you need to make a one-time payment to use any of the three plans:
- Standard With BootWell Drive: $94
- Standard: $79
- Professional: $299 (annual fee)
Runner Up #2: iMobie MacClean
MacClean guarantees a secure, fast, and meticulous cleaning, thanks to its cutting-edge technologies and services. The cleaner features standard Mac cleaning and OS system maintenance features, but also de-clutters your Mac so you can increase your device’s efficiency. No more cleaning your Mac manually as the new Junk Cleanup feature promises in-depth cleaning by deleting all developer-oriented and unused data.
Furthermore, MacClean is a great way to shield your internet activities from prying eyes. Thanks to its quick Internet Cleanup feature, you stay protected from all kinds of online privacy threats. The cleaner removes all cookies, saved passwords, caches, and useless website data on all your browsers. Mac users can erase all traces of recently opened files, docs, apps, and web servers they have been connected with.
Finally, MacClean fixes several other issues that compromise a user’s privacy. For example, cleaning up malware so your computer is safe, and make sure there are no unwanted files and folders that can adversely affect your Mac’s performance.
Users can purchase a personal license for just about $30 and a family license for almost $40. You will also get responsive support via tickets or emails.
- The cleaner frees up gigabytes of space on your hard drive
- During my Macclean review it produced quick results
- Offers a choice of cleaning malicious or all cookies
- A few of the additional scanning tools could be improved
- Sometimes the app might fail to find some old and large files
Runner Up #3: MacBooster 7
MacBooster 7 is another beneficial Mac cleaner which leaves a good impression. The cleaning app offers plenty of useful tools to identify and fix your Mac storage issues. Every tool is specifically named so you know what to expect from each feature.
First, the Scan/Fix button is accessible at all times, and the system status is blended in with the UI. However, some beginners might find it difficult to use as there’s no backup, which means all changes are permanent. Make sure you click the “>” button which is next to each category so you can carefully review the findings.
Secondly, the tool also offers an impressive Performance Boost tool. This feature enables you to shutdown low-level services so you can speed up your Mac further. There’s also a handy toolbox that features five cool tools: Duplicates finder, memory cleaner, large files cleaner, startup optimization, and uninstaller.
Mac users can delete up to 20 different types of junk files, and remove viruses and malware to protect the device. In addition to that, this advanced mac cleaner also optimizes the hard disk to improve your Mac’s performance.
These five cleanup tools can easily remove gigabytes of junk from the computer. Cleaning up and de-cluttering your Mac is crucial for Mac users who have smaller SSD hard disks. Users can also choose between these options, according to their preferences:
- Complete Remove: This option lets you remove an entire application along with its library files and system files
- Application Reset: The reset only removes customization and settings to take the application to its initial state.
Top Rated Mac Cleaning Software 2019
- Beneficial malware scanner
- Intuitive interface
- Handy application reset feature
- Some scary alerts
- Incomplete antivirus protection
Runner Up #4: MacCleanse
Next on my Mac cleaner review list is MacCleanse, another functional Mac storage cleaner which guarantees an efficient cleaning process. The app is engineered to dig through all the contents in your Mac to get rid of all unwanted stuff. And the best thing is that it does everything fairly quickly and easily.
With a simple and unique interface, users can easily choose from various options to identify and clean their devices. Since each tab provides a brief and easy to understand explanation, you know what you’re clicking on to start the cleaning process.
For that very reason, this advanced Mac cleaner software is one of the best for beginners who are not too familiar with cleaner tools. Thanks to its customization and in-depth scanning, you can easily delete useless language packs that are installed on your Mac. To a lot of users, this might not seem like a big deal. However, computer experts know how much disk space they can take.
Furthermore, you also have the uninstaller feature. While most users easily remove a program from Mac, there may be a bunch of random unwanted files and folders that are scattered around your computer. To make sure you remove a program completely, you can easily delete it using this app.
Users can opt from a variety of erasure types and upgrade to military-grade later. This is a great app to disable unwanted login items that usually slow down your system startup or hog background CPU usage. MacCleanse is relatively cheaper than many popular Mac cleaner apps and costs just about $20.
- The best option for Mac beginners
- Cleans your system and reclaims hard disk space
- Safely uninstall all applications
- Erases unused languages, cookies, histories as well as caches
- Easily reclaims hundreds of megabytes of storage space
- One of the most affordable Mac cleaners
- Has no feature to restore any files that are deleted by accident
Runner Up #5: DaisyDisk
DaisyDisk is popular for its intuitive and simple interface. Not only can users view large files, but they can also delete all irrelevant data through a simple process.
When you launch this Mac storage cleaner, the first screen you will see represents an overview of the disks that are attached to your device. It mechanically displays the amount of space that is left on each of your drives. And you can easily scan your drives to identify the data that you need to delete. However, you can skip this scan and scan an individual folder as well.
The tool lets you view a unique representation of all the files on your system using a daisy wheel-like image. You also get a clever color-coding, that shows exactly how much memory is consumed by each block. While this representation gives you an inclusive overview of your disk’s hierarchy, it does not narrow down the items you intend to get rid of.
When you click on any block, it opens up into another daisy wheel to provide similar information about the particular block. This feature allows you to keep clicking so you can dig deeper into your device’s content. You can easily navigate your way in or out of the screen by clicking on arrows. Users can easily find a large file to preview and delete its content, in case they don’t need it anymore.
DaisyDisk is an ideal choice for photographers, artists, and IT professionals worldwide when it comes to cleaning Mac computers. Since all displayed data is in real-time, there’s always an opportunity to see if there’s enough space to download an HD movie or install a new game.
The time needed to scan the drive usually varies on the size, but it normally takes 10 to 15 seconds to scan 100GB of data. You can enjoy a free version or buy it for just around $10.
- Beautiful interface
- Easy to use features
- Offers quick scan speed
- Very affordable
Who Should Use a Mac Cleaner?
The main reason why people get a Mac cleaner is because they want to reclaim storage space. But there are other reasons, and you may need a cleaner if:
- You’re a new Mac user and don’t know how to properly manage your device.
- You don’t want to clean your Mac manually.
- Your Mac frequently runs out of disk space.
However, a cleaner app may not help older Macs that are already running a lot slower than most modern devices. Remember that cleaning your computer will not help if it has some general performance issues.
How to Choose the Best Mac Cleaner Apps in 2020
Before we review this year’s best Mac cleaners, let’s briefly discuss the crucial factors we need to consider when choosing the best app for cleaning your Mac.
- Core functions: The basic goal of using Mac clean up tools is to free up storage space. That’s why you need to choose a one-stop solution that cleans all the unwanted and junk files from your computer without having to install third-party utilities. Downloading software that eats up memory is definitely a big no.
- Effectiveness: Effectiveness is another crucial factor. Sadly, most Mac clean up software fails to deliver what they claim. The best disk cleaner for Mac OS X should save a significant amount of disk space by deleting all junk and old iOS backups. And the software should also be able to identify duplicate photos and successfully un-install all third-party apps, for a thorough cleaning job.
- Ease of Use: You shouldn’t have to be a technical wizard to use a Mac cleaner app. Today, developers incorporate usability and intuitive features to ensure every app is easy to understand and use. There’s no need for a flashy or sleek user interface. All you need is a tool that comes with basic features and is easily accessible via navigation buttons.
- Cost: Who doesn’t want a
free Mac cleaner? But, cheap Mac cleaning software is only great if they do a great job. Let’s face it. Paid Mac cleaner apps have more to offer to make your life easier. As pricing options vary, you can choose an app that best suits your needs and fits into your budget. Let’s take the example of CleanMyMac X which costs just under $40. However, that’s a one-time fee. Other apps may charge you an additional annual fee.
- Customer Service: What if you need to ask a technical question related to your app? Luckily, most developers and companies can be easily reached. But if a developer fails to give their contact information, such as live chat, email, or phone, it’s best to find an alternative. Most paid cleaning tools guarantee a swift customer service experience so you don’t have to wait for answers.
What Is The Best Mac Cleaner in 2020?
Hard drives are vulnerable to damage if
CleanMyMac X offers a convenient one-button cleaning system, which mechanically cleans the parts that need to be optimized. And users also have the option to manually control the cleanup process.
Why CleanMyMac X is better than other cleaners:
- Features both Smart Cleanup and Deep Cleaning
- Offers other useful features, such as Uninstaller and Shredder
- Incredibly easy to use with an intuitive and sleek user interface
CleanMyMac X will also be beneficial when you’re preparing your device for sale. Thanks to this software, you can remove junk with just a click. There’s no need to worry about visiting each individual directory and getting things cleaner. So, in short, CleanMyMac will help you optimize your Mac in every manner.
Highly recommended!Get CleanMyMac Here!
In closing, I hope my best mac cleaning software review was helpful when you’re making your choice. I also recommend that you look around our site to learn about other online software for small business owners. For example, our