What is the best photo restoration software on PC and Mac? How to fix corrupted JPEG files? This post covers the top ten best photo repair tools of 2020 that you can use to repair damaged pictures. Perform EaseUS photo repair software, free download.
Top 25 Photo Organizing Software and Apps of 2020 Boaz Eapen on Nov 06, 2019, 15 min read Whether you are an amateur or professional photographer, it is important that you streamline the photo process and maintain a productive workflow.
Photos can get damaged due to various reasons, such as virus infection, incomplete file transfer, sudden power outage, or bad sectors in the hard drive, USB drive, camera SD card, or other storage devices. When photos become corrupted, you can always use a photo repair tool to restore the files.
Here is the top ten best photo repair software to fix corrupted photos on PC and Mac, some performed better than the other, you can choose the one you think is best to repair damaged JPEG files.
Don't miss: Top 10 Best Video Repair Software for Windows 10/8/7 in 2020
Top 5 Best Photo Repair Software for PC Free Download
This section mainly demonstrates the top five best photos repair software for PC. You can install these programs on your Windows 10, 8, 8.1, or 7 to fix damaged JPEG or JPG images effortlessly.
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is an influential file recovery and repair tool that enables you to repair corrupted files after recovery. The supported file formats are multitudinous, like photos, videos, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and many more.
This robust photo repair program has remarkable functions, including but not limited to:
- Repair corrupted photos efficiently on PC, laptop, SD card, USB flash drive, etc.
- Fix multiple broken JPEG and other images at the same time
- Recover thumbnails of severely damaged JPEG files
- Preview the repaired photos after recovery for free
Now, download this photo repair tool to fix corrupted JPEG files with a few clicks.
Step 1. Select a location.
Choose the correct drive which contains the corrupted photos under 'Devices and Drives', which can be a removable disk or a local drive. Click 'Scan'.
Step 2. Scan the corrupted files.
EaseUS data recovery software will run immediately to scan all over the selected drive to find lost and corrupted files as many as possible. The scan time depends on the used drive capacity and its health state. After the completion of the deep scan, you'll go to the repair session as soon as the software detects corruption.
Wait patiently until the repair ends. Click 'Filter' on the top right and choose pictures. This helps you quickly locate all the photo files.
Step 3. Recover corrupted images.
Double-click on a file lets you preview the file quality. Finally, if there is no problem at all, click 'Recover'. You should choose a different location to save the recovered pictures.
Why EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard comes first? It is not only good at file repair, but also has a high reputation for data recovery. It is competent to:
- Recover deleted, formatted, and inaccessible data in different data loss situations
- Recover photos, audio, music, and emails from any storage effectively, safely and completely
- Recover data from emptied recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorder
- It is super cost-effective. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a well-known program that integrates data recovery and file repair functions perfectly. In other words, you can spend the same money and buy two things.
- Professional technical support service. You can use the product with ease and any problem can be solved quickly and efficiently
- Compatible with both Windows and macOS platforms
- The free version enables you to repair small files for free
- Graphical User Interface makes it user-friendly to both computer beginners and pros
- The free trial version of EaseUS Data Recovery Software can only support file repair up to 2GB
2. Picture Doctor
Picture Doctor is one of the best photo repair software and good at fixing any corrupted and truncated JPEG photos. You can use it to repair damaged pictures in three steps: add file > select location > rescue to save the repaired files anywhere you like. This photo repair tool can't restore thumbnails of severely corrupted JPEG.
Except for JPEG files, Picture Doctore also enables you to repair PSD files on Windows computers.
- Easy to use, only three steps can complete photo repair
- Support fixing multiple photos at a time
- Save the repaired image in BMP format
- Free demo store repaired image with watermark
- Not available for Mac
3. File Repair
File Repair offers over 40 repair software to recover and restore damaged files caused by a virus infection, application failures, system crashes, and network errors. It allows you to fix corrupted picture files in common formats from your computer, SD card, iPhones, or Android smartphones.
As one of the best photo repair software for PC, File Repair repair damaged photos by scanning the damaged file and extracts maximum data from it to a new usable file.
- Great file repair software for pictures, PDF, office documents, emails, database, and media restoration
- Support multiple image formats, such as JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG or RAW images
- Fully compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, and other versions
- Only support the Windows operating system
- The photo repair success rate is not very high
4. JPEG Repair Toolkit
JPEG Repair Toolkit consists of two tools for both JPEG repair and JPEG recovery. JPEG Repair helps you to repair corrupted JPEG files due to every situation, like bad sectors on hard disk, header damage, bit error, and more.
The JPEG Repair Toolkit is originally designed for home/personal use and is constantly updated to handle the situations to you may encounter when repairing damaged photos.
- Lightweight and simple-to-use
- Repair damaged JPEG files, corrupt JPEG header, invalid JPEG markers
- Recover JPEG data from corrupt RAW photos such as CR2 and NEF
- Original quality is preserved for repaired files without re-encoding
- More complicated repairs require effort and a bit of luck
- Only for Windows users
Another best photo repair tool is PixRecovery, which is capable of repairing corrupted JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG or RAW images (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .tiff, .bmp, .png). After fixing, you can choose to save the restored photos into a new image in bitmap (.bmp) or original file format based on your own needs.
PixRecovery is able to repair corrupted RAW images on these systems: Canon, Epson, Fuji, Hasselblad, Kodak, Leica, Mamiya, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Ricoh, Sony.
- Easy-to-use, no technical skills required
- Support all the common photo formats, including .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .tiff, .bmp, .png
- Support repairing RAW photos taken on different brands of cameras
- Recover the original color palette
- Export photos in different formats
- It can't repair progressive JPEG files at present
- Only for Windows users
Top 5 Best Photo Repair Software for Mac
For Mac users who are looking for a photo repair tool, you can check this part to learn the top five best photo repair software for Mac.
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac, one of the best photo repair tools for Mac, has the same functions as the Windows version. It allows you to restore corrupted JPEG, JPG, and GIF images in good condition. EaseUS photos repair tool can extract and fix thumbnails of the selected .jpeg/.jpg files and take them out. You can preview the repaired photos for free before the final recovery.
Step 1. Select the disk location where you lost the corrupted photos. Click the 'Scan' button.
Step 2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac will immediately scan your selected device and display the scanning results on the left pane.
Step 3. In the scan results, select the files to preview. If the file is corrupted, you cannot view it. The software will automatically repair the corrupted photo files. Then, click the 'Recover Now' button to get back the desired video files.
2. Stellar Photo Repair
Stellar Repair for Photo is a competent photo repair tool that can repair corrupted or damaged JPEG & other image files from the flash memory cards, memory sticks, computer hard drives, or any other storage media.
It is able to fix the completely unreadable JPEG files under various damage situations, for example, corrupt header, corrupt JPEG data, invalid JPEG file structure, unknown or invalid JPEG marker, missing SOS marker, or other cases. It can fix distorted, grainy, blurry, greyed-out, and other types of damage in photos.
- Batch repair at a time
- Extracts thumbnails of severely corrupted photos
- Advanced restoring algorithms to fix JPEG photos with ease
- Offers preview of repaired files
- Available for both Windows and Mac system
- The trial version doesn't allow to save repaired JPEG file
3. Mac Photos Library Repair Tool
Mac comes with a pre-installed photo repair tool when your Photos library won't open, or if photos behave abnormally. The repair operation is easy: holding down the Option and Command keys while you open Photos on your Mac, then, clicking Repair to start the repair process.
- Built-in photo repair software on Mac with no additional installation or purchase
- Free, simple-to-use, no special skills demanded
- Analyzes the library's database and repairs any inconsistencies
- Depending on the size of your library, this might take some time
4. OneSafe JPEG Repair
OneSafe JPEG Repair is one of the best photo repair software for Mac, which can fix damaged or corrupt image files having JPEG or JPG file format. With this utility, you can repair files on different storage devices, including a hard disk of computer, memory card, USB flash drive, or any other storage media.
Equipped with a faster and improved scanning engine, OneSafe JPEG Repair can repair images by many folds. Besides, you can preview repaired photos in the free demo version but can’t save them.
- User-friendly GUI and simple three-step repair process
- Recover thumbnails of damaged JPEG
- Support batch repair of JPEG pictures simultaneously
- Also able to repair corrupted videos
- Available for both Windows and Mac
- Limited image file support, only JPEG
- The demo doesn't allow to save repaired pictures
5. Rescue Digital Media - Photo Repair
Rescue Digital Media - Photo Repair Tool is another best photo repair software for Mac worth a try. It enables you to restore images or photos that have been either corrupted or damaged due to any unspecific reasons. It supports all the popular image formats, such as JPEG, PNG, BMP, MOS, GIF, TIFF, PSP, etc.
- Simple and easy-to-use graphical user interface
- Support RAW file formats of popular Cameras like Nikon, Canons, Fujifilm, Sony
- Repair damaged photos saved on all brands of pen drives & USB drives like Seagate, San Disk
- Support bath repair for multiple images at one time
- The trial version doesn't allow for repaired file storage
Photos are precious to us and losing them because of damage can be frustrating. Use any of the above best photo repair tools for Windows and Mac to fix corrupted images. Try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and use it to repair and recover your damaged photos, videos, or office documents without any effort.
Finally, a valuable tip to protect your photos from corruption - always back up your important regularly to avoid loss. If you don't like to do this work manually, apply a schedule backup software for automatic backup.
FAQs About Best Photo Repair Software
Here are a few frequently asked questions related to the best photo repair software. If you also have any of these problems, you can find the methods here.
What is the best photo restoration software?
Best photo restoration software for restoring old photos in 2020:
Mac Photo Album Software
- Image Mender
- Adobe Photoshop
- Corel Paintshop Pro
- SoftOrbits Photo Retoucher
- AKVIS Retoucher
- Retouch Pilot
Can corrupted photos be recovered?
You can use a professional third-party photo repair software to fix corrupted JPEG or other image files. Use EaseUS file recovery software to recover and repair damaged photos from Windows & Mac computer drives, memory stick, USB flash drive, SD card, external hard drive, and other storage media that are used in smartphones, digital cameras, CCTV, etc.
How do I fix corrupted JPEG files?
You can try to fix corrupted JPEG files in three ways:
- Run CHKDSK to fix hard disk drive
- recover corrupted JPEG from a backup
- use another picture viewer or convert JPEG to another format
- repair corrupted JPEG files using professional JPEG repair software
Is there an app to restore old photos?
Android or Apple user can restore old photos and make old photos look new with some nice applications, such as RETOUCHME:
- Download and open the app on your phone
- Choose best pics to edit by the program from your gallery
- Find online Photo Restoration from the menu and learn automatic image recovery options
- Click Send to Designer button
- Renew old album shots digitally
What is the best free slideshow maker? What is the best slideshow maker for Windows 10? What is the best slideshow maker for Mac? There are 10 best photo slideshow makers to turn your photos into a movie.
Quick Navigation :
Today, photo slideshow or video content drives marketing, and people even can make money on YouTube video. But, do you know how to make a photo slideshow with music and pictures? With photo slideshow makers, you are able to make a cool slideshow which can attract, entertain, and engage your audience.
What is the best program to make a picture slideshow? What is the best free slideshow maker?
Let’s dive in! Here are top 10 photo slideshow makers for 2019.
1. MiniTool Movie Maker
MiniTool Movie Maker, a newly released video editing tool, is the best slideshow maker for Windows 10/8/7 users.
It can help you easily and quickly create photo slideshow without watermark. MiniTool Movie Maker is a perfect fit for beginners. It comes for free on Windows PCs, along with basic features. Even newbie editors can grasp the best free photo slideshow maker to make a video with pictures and music.
Mi home security camera app for mac download. Aug 17, 2018 Follow the screen option to install the App, after installation Droid4X login into Google Play Store, after that search. Mi Home application will get Download and installed in the background The app file installs and now enjoy this Mi Home App for PC or Laptop.
Related article: 4 Easy Ways to Make Video from Pictures in 2019.
MiniTool Movie Maker offers movie templates. Each template is a pre-designed construct, with ready-made titles and effects, and a series of placeholders. If you don’t know anything about video editing, this is the quickest way to make a video. Select a template, then import your clips into those placeholders, and change these titles. After that, you can share this cool video with friends.
How to make a slideshow with music and pictures via the best slideshow maker for Windows 10?
3 Steps to Make a Photo Slideshow
Step 1. Lunch MiniTool Movie Maker, import your pictures, videos and music files via the Import Media Files button, and drag and drop these files to the storyboard.
Step 2. Now, you can use your imagination to create an outstanding photo slideshow.
- Adding transitions to connect one picture to another.
- Adding filters to change the color of pictures.
- Adding text to complete your photo slideshow.
Step 3. Export this photo slideshow and share it with your lovers.
The best free photo slideshow maker gives you an amazing opportunity to create an impressive slideshow just in 3 simple steps. You even can use this tool to create a Facebook Slideshow.
- It is a free, easy-to-use and simple video editing software.
- It offers a lot of choices of transitions.
- It allows you to easily change the brightness, contrast, and saturation of pictures and videos.
- It provides movie templates to help you easily create a cool movie.
- It can split and trim video without damaging the raw material.
- It lets you export a movie in different file formats like MP4, MOV, WMV, etc.
- It can help you create your own story without watermark.
It doesn't support screen recording now.
MiniTool Movie Maker is a free and simple video editing software for new users. Almost everyone can make a cool video without watermark as long as they use this free tool. Besides, this free video editor without watermark can change video resolution, change video format easily, etc.
Related article: The Best Free Slideshow Maker – MiniTool Movie Maker (2019).
2. Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker, a discontinued video editing software by Microsoft, offers the ability to create and edit photo slideshows as well as to publish them on OneDrive, Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, and Flickr. More information about this free photo slideshow maker can be found in 6 Things You Need to Know About Free Windows Movie Maker (2019).
Windows Movie Maker allows you to combine your clips into digital movies with titles, transitions, background music, and effects. Its intuitive interface has a simpler version of a video editor timeline and is easy enough for even newbie editors to grasp.
You can simply see the effects, transitions, and themes automatically when you just hover the mouse cursor over the buttons. It’s a simple feature that is popular with users.
Related article: How to Use Movie Maker Step-by-step Guide for Beginners.
- It offers some transition effects.
- Voiceovers and other audio features are provided.
- Its intuitive interface has a simpler version of a video editor timeline.
- You can preview effects, transitions, and themes automatically.
- It was officially discontinued on January 10, 2017.
- It cannot change the contrast, saturation, or effects.
Windows Movie Maker might be the simplest way to combine your pictures into a photo slideshow.
Related article: 5 Ways to Combine Videos into One Easily and Quickly (100% Working).
But, you need to be careful when downloading this tool. Websites that offer free downloads of Movie Maker are not offering the real thing, and those downloads may contain malware, viruses, or hidden costs.
If you want to experience this free video slideshow maker, you can click the following button. This download is completely safe. 100% Virus-Free and Spyware-Free Guaranteed!
3. Movavi Slideshow Maker
Movavi Slideshow Maker helps you create a slideshow in Windows and Mac. It equips with the tools you need to polish photos and add enhancements to your projects.
It offers 105 transition effects, and they are classy and professional looking. It offers 165 chic photo filters although it doesn’t supply any backgrounds or themes.
- It is Mac compatible.
- This program lets you capture screens.
This program doesn’t allow you to post projects directly to Twitter, Facebook or email.
This photo slideshow maker is a choice for users who want to create and post professional-looking videos and slideshows to their YouTube accounts.
4. Icecream Slideshow Maker
Icecream Slideshow Maker creates video slideshows out of the images. This easy-to-use photo slideshow maker lets you add multiple audio files to create a playlist per each slideshow, add text for each slide in a slideshow and preview the slideshow.
By using this video slideshow maker, you are able to resume created files from the History panel, and you can upload the slideshow to YouTube, Google Drive and Dropbox right from the program.
- It offers online support
- It allows saving projects after the video slideshow creation. All of your works will be securely stored in the program and you can get back to them whenever you want.
- The output formats are limited to 4 types which are AVI, MOV, WEBM and MP4.
- There is no “Ctrl+Z” in this software.
- The trial edition has some limitations. For instance, you are limited in adding 20 photos for 1 slideshow and an output video format of just WEBM.
Icecream Slideshow Maker is very easy to use and supports a wide range of transitions. But, if you want to make photo slideshow with unlimited photos, you need to choose the advanced edition.
5. Proshow Gold
Both professional photographers and inexperienced users can perfectly use ProShow Gold.
This photo slideshow maker offers a sizable library of professional-looking transitions, backgrounds, and effects to help professional photographers showcase images and videos in modern fashion.
This photo slideshow maker pops up the ProShow Wizard when you open it to help inexperienced users make a slideshow.
- Extensive options for creation.
- Works similar to video editing platforms.
- Certain features are not easily explained.
- No music generator.
- Lack of an official user forum.
- 15-day fully functional trial.
There are more features than you will initially use, and you should spend time learning these features.
6. PhotoStage Slideshow
PhotoStage Slideshow allows you to make vibrant slideshows from photos on Windows 10 quickly. This software offers roughly 30 transition effects, but there are no backgrounds, filters or themes. This tool not only allows you to crop and rotate your photo but also lets you adjust the contrast, hue and brightness.
- It's easy to use.
- It comes with effects and multimedia presentations.
- The free version is for non-commercial use only.
- You have to buy technical support plans to access email support.
It offers a variety of input and output options as well as editing tools for images and music.
7. CyberLink MediaShow
CyberLink MediaShow, free slideshow maker, not only can make photo slideshow but also helps you tag and categorize your images and videos. This photo slideshow maker offers 31 transition effects to help you create a cool slideshow. This tool lets you add an audio track to give your presentations an entertaining touch.
- It is a very versatile and powerful application.
- It gives you quick links, so you can share media with websites, such as YouTube, Facebook, and Flickr.
- Occasionally crashes while editing.
- CyberLink charges for phone support.
There are many features available in the free version of the video slideshow maker, and it performs all tasks with ease and at fast speed.
8. Photostory Deluxe
Photostory Deluxe helps you easily personalize your photo slideshow because of its extensive editing and creation tools. Photostory Deluxe helps you enhance your photos and videos before you publish them, making it is a perfect choice for serious photographers or GoPro users.
It covers all the basic slideshow features necessary to make beautiful projects. It has an extensive toolset featuring advanced editing tools there are not found in many competing programs.
This photo slideshow maker offers over 300 transition effects, more than 370 backgrounds and filters. Besides, there is an in-store app where you can purchase additional graphics, music and transitions. And, you can use the advanced editing tools to make your photos stand out.
This tool has so many tools, thus beginners might feel a little daunted by all of the options.
It has hundreds of transition effects and a wide variety of useful tools.
- You have to pay extra to receive technical support over the telephone.
- It is one of the most expensive slideshow programs.
Photostory Deluxe is one of the top photo slideshow maker. It makes HD-quality slideshows and has one of the most extensive photo and music editing toolsets we saw. But, it might take a while to figure out how to use everything since there are so many tools.
9. Photostory Easy
Photostory easy is a simplified version of Photostory Deluxe. This simple photo slideshow maker offers 72 transition effects and 27 backgrounds to help you customize your slideshows.
This tool allows you to adjust the hue, saturation, brightness and contrast of your images, and lets you record audio or fade music in and out.
Photostory easy includes an in-store app with a huge library of effects including fun decorations like bunny ears, sunglasses and party balloons. You can add these effects to your images to add more fun to your photo slideshow.
Besides, you can add animated titles and captions for your slides via its specific text templates.
With this photo slideshow maker, you not only can burn your projects to DVD, Blu-ray or interactive CD but also can post your projects directly to YouTube, Flickr and Facebook from the program.
- It has an easy-to-use interface.
- It’s compatible with all of the most common file types.
- It can burn to both DVDs and Blu-rays.
- Some of the support options are difficult to use.
- You cannot post your slideshows directly to Twitter.
Best Photo Software For Macbook
Photostory easy is a good photo slideshow maker for new users because of its simple interface and built-in wizard. But, this tool does not come with all the extras our higher-ranked applications offer.
Last but not least, iMovie, the best slideshow maker for Mac, has been around for a long time and has always focused on one philosophy: ease of use in a clean and elegant interface.
With iMovie for iOS and macOS, you can browse your clips and create Hollywood-style trailers and stunning 4K-resolution movies. It offers you two main options: a Movie or a Trailer. You can easily create fun, Hollywood-style movie trailers from all that footage if you don’t know anything about video editing.
This best photo slideshow maker is very well optimized on modern Macs, and it works very quickly, especially on a MacBook Pro. You can import, edit and scrub through a 4K video smoothly without any problems.
- Simple interface.
- Professional-looking themes and trailers.
- Limited to two video tracks.
- Not many filters, transitions and titles.
- Interface is not customizable.
The best slideshow maker for Mac can turn your footage and photos into impressive productions although it doesn’t give you many customization options.
Now, It’s Your Turn to
Choose the best photo slideshow maker to turn your photos into a movie. If you are a new user, you are suggested to choose a simple and free photo slideshow maker like MiniTool Movie Maker.
Should you have any question, please feel free to contact us! If you have another good photo slideshow maker, please recommend us!
Photo Slideshow Maker FAQ
Mac Photo Software Reviews
- Import your files into the best free slideshow maker, MiniTool Movie Maker.
- Drag and drop pictures to the timeline.
- Edit these pictures including add transitions, change the color of pictures, add text to tell your story.
- Export the slideshow.
- Launch MiniTool Movie Maker.
- Import your picture files and music files into the free slideshow maker.
- Drag and drop these media files into the timeline.
- Add transitions between video clips, and add animated text to clips.
- Merger audio files, edit audio files like fade in or fade out music.
- Export the slideshow with music on your PC and share it with friends.