The System Preferences application (basically, the settings on your Mac) is found in your Applications folder. It is also available from the Apple menu at the top-left of the screen (click the. Jul 26, 2018 Choose Preferences from the Mail menu, then click General. Or, if you're prompted to set up an email account, add your account, then choose Preferences from the Mail menu. Choose your email app from the ”Default email reader” pop-up menu. You can also set your default email app in the preferences of your third-party email app.
- Jan 26, 2019 On the Start menu, select Settings Apps Default apps. Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store.
- Find a file with the format you like to change the default app for in Finder on your Mac. Right click or Control-click on it, select Get Info from the drop-down menu. In the Open with section, click the expand the drop-down menu and change another program, then click Change All button.
This article explains how you can set different applications to open PDF files on your Mac. Your Mac has a built-in PDF reader to open and render all of your PDFs on your Mac. This default application is called Preview. Following the instructions below, you can easily set your preferred application (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader) as the default application for opening PDF files. If you are unhappy with the results, again using the instructions below, then you may set the default PDF viewer in macOS back to Preview.
See also: Preview: The File Couldn’t Be Opened, Fix
Sometimes, Mac users accidentally make other applications as the default PDF reader and want to restore Preview as the default. Sometimes, Mac updates may cause issues with the default PDF reader. This article may help you resolve these issues.
Recently, we’ve been telling you about our software, which enables a full range of possibilities on our newest mice and keyboards. Logitech mx anywhere 2 mac software. With it, you can customize buttons and actions to suit your needs, and even replicate touch gesture controls with your mouse on PC and Mac computers.
See also: Can’t Open PDF On iPhone Or iPad, Fix
Setting your preferred app as the default PDF reader in macOS
For this article, we will set Preview as the default. Here is how:
1. Select any PDF file on your Mac.
2. Right-click (or Control-Click) the document. This will reveal a menu.
3. Select Get Info. Mac app that takes picture of thief iphone. This will a new window: (You can also open this info window by selecting the document and clicking the Command I keys.)
4. Find the Open With section. If the section is closed, click on the arrow next to it to expand.
5. You will see a pull-down menu. Open the menu and find and select Preview. (If your preferred app is not in the list, choose Other. This will let you choose your app from your applications.)
6. Once you select your application, such as Preview, click the “Change All” button to have this application to open all PDF documents.
7. A popup will appear saying “Are you sure you want to change all similar documents to open with the application “Preview”? This change will apply to all documents with extension “.pdf”. Click the blue Continue button to confirm.
Change Default Mail App In Mac
And you are done.
Setting Default Apps In Mac Computer
See also: PDF Won’t Open: “Please Wait…” Message, How To Open