Nov 23, 2018 How to uninstall Apps on Mac/MacBook Pro. As you may know, you can only uninstall Apps that are from App Store or websites. Apps that are part of your Mac cannot be removed as you wish. No matter you want to uninstall Apps from macOS Sierra or Mac OS X El Capitan, you can choose one of the two tips below to make it.
- How To Remove Apps From Mac Sierra
- Remove Apps Mac Os Sierra
- Removing Apps From Mac Sierra 2017
- Removing Apps From Mac Sierra Mac
- Removing Apps From Mac Sierra Download
- Removing Apps From Mac Sierra Vista
DoYourData AppUninser – Best Uninstaller for macOS Sierra
After you buy a new Mac that has installed macOS Sierra, you feel happy and download hundreds of applications into the new Mac. As time passed, some of the software applications become useless and you may want to reclaim your precious SSD disk space. But if you only delete the application or move it to trash bin, some associated files are left in your Mac. It means you can’t completely uninstall the useless application. You need special macOS Sierra uninstaller to help you. For example, DoYourData AppUninser, the best macOS Sierra App uninstaller can help you easily and completely uninstall applications on your Mac.
It is very easy to download applications and install them on your macOS Sierra Mac. But it is complex to remove all parts of the installed application from your Mac under macOS Sierra. DoYourData AppUninser makes the complete uninstalling become easy. When you uninstall an application with DoYourData AppUninser, it will quickly scan the Mac find all parts of the application and related files, then it will list the items for you, you can completely uninstall the application from your Mac by 1click.
DoYourData AppUninser is fully compatible with the macOS Sierra, and it also supports other Mac OS version. When you are going to uninstall software applications under macOS Sierra, it is your best choice. Some good features of DoYourData AppUninser:
- Completely uninstall Mac applications and remove associated files such as app junk, registry, logs, etc.
- It also supports to completely remove widgets, Preferences, plug-ins, etc.
- It even can uninstall virus-infected, crashed, stubborn applications under macOS Sierra.
- It supports to quickly uninstall single application.
- It supports to easily uninstall a lot of applications in batches.Uninstall the Mac App store applications as well as uninstall applications you download from other websites.
Easy Steps to Completely Uninstall Applications under macOS Sierra
The best macOS Sierra App uninstaller should be very simple to use. DoYourData AppUninser is very easy to use. You can easily uninstall software apps under macOS Sierra with DoYourData AppUninser. Here are the simple steps.
How To Remove Apps From Mac Sierra
Step 1: Select the applications you want to uninstall.
Step 2:DoYourData AppUninser will list all the applications you have selected, just make sure you want to completely uninstall the selected applications and remove all the associated files. Then click 'Uninstall'.
Step 3: After you click on 'Uninstall' button, DoYourData AppUninser will quickly and completely uninstall the selected applications and clean up the leftover. You will see the how much disk space you have reclaimed.
It is easy, isn’t it? DoYourData AppUninser will remove your worries and help you reclaim GBs of disk space by completely removing useless applications on your macOS Sierra Mac computer. Just download and try it now.
What are startup items?
Startup items, or login items, are services and applications that launch every time you start your Mac. These are applications that sneak into startup items without notice, never asking if you need or want them there. This way you may end up with a dozen apps launching as soon as you turn on your Mac, weighing heavily on its processor and memory capacities and slowing it down. Such items can increase your Mac’s startup time and decrease its performance.
Remove Apps Mac Os Sierra
Plus, sometimes when you remove an application or a service, it leaves a login item with a broken link. These broken login items are completely useless, cause unwanted messages, and waste your Mac's resources (because they look for non-existent applications). Whether you're running macOS Catalina or El Capitan, or earlier — it's all the same, so just read on.
So, let's go over how to take control of login items, and how to get rid of unwanted, broken or hidden startup items.
How to disable startup programs?
Do you want to stop programs from running at startup? There’s an easy way to remove programs from startup and get your Mac to load faster on launch. The fastest way to turn off startup items on Mac is an app like CleanMyMac X.
- Download CleanMyMac for free.
- Launch the app.
- Open Optimization tab.
- Click on Login items.
- From the list of apps, disable the ones you don’t need on startup.
How to change startup programs manually?
Disabling Mac startup programs is possible manually. Therefore, if you have some time and would like to do it yourself, follow the steps below.
Your login items are listed in settings. One of the easiest ways to control startup items is inside System Preferences > Users & Groups.
- Open System Preferences.
- Go to Users & Groups.
- Choose your nickname on the left.
- Choose Login items tab.
- Check startup programs you want to remove.
- Press the “–” sign below.
- You’re done.
- If you need to add an item back, press “+” and choose the app you’d like add.
- Then restart your Mac to see the changes.
How to fix broken startup items?
Broken Mac startup files are left there because some part of apps are left on your Mac long after you’ve moved the app to the Trash. To get rid of these parts and to fix your startup, you’re going to need CleanMyMac again. First, you need to check if they’re among startup items and disable them if so. You can do it following the instructions above. Then you need to remove app leftovers. CleanMyMac works fine on macOS High Sierra and earlier OS.
- Launch CleanMyMac.
- Choose Uninstaller tab.
- Scroll through the list of apps.
- If you spot any app that you’ve deleted, check them.
- Delete the app leftovers you’ve chosen.
Removing Apps From Mac Sierra 2017
Seagate backup plus slim 1tb software for mac windows 10. You can also find and remove broken login items with the help of System Junk module:
- Choose System Junk tab.
- Click Scan.
- Review details and click Clean.
Finally, you need to clean your macOS startup items through launch services:
Removing Apps From Mac Sierra Mac
- Open Maintenance tab.
- Choose Rebuild Launch Services.
- Hit Run.
Once you do it, all broken app data on your Mac will be fixed.
Remove daemons and agents from startup process
If speaking of files, first go to the system folder /Library/StartUpItems. Here you’ll find all the startup files that are being launched with the system. You can delete the login item you think is necessary if you’re totally sure what you are doing.
Also, the /Library/LaunchDaemons folder contains a bunch of preference files that define how the application that is being launched along with the system should work. You might want to delete some of these files as well if you know you don’t need them and removing them is safe.
Removing Apps From Mac Sierra Download
The /Library/LaunchAgents contains preference files responsible for the apps that launch during the login process (not the startup).
The above-mentioned folders contain app-related files. However, you can also check system folders to review whether you need some of the system applications to be running on startup:
- /System/Library/LaunchDaemons - note that besides preference files this folder contains other important system items that are recommended to keep untouched.
- /System/Library/LaunchAgents - most probably, you won’t also find anything worth removing in this folder, however, keeping this location in mind might help you find files related to a problematic app that causes troubles on Mac startup. If you have a problematic application that messes about on login, you can try to trace it back from this folder.
But, if you’re looking for simple ways to remove login items, we suggest using a professional Mac utility. Download CleanMyMac X for free and make unwanted and broken login items a thing of the past.