May 29, 2018 If you’re receiving messages on iPhone and separate messages on Mac, something has gone awry. However, we can pretty easily fix iMessage by going through the steps to sync iPhone and iPad as well as to sync iPhone to Mac. Here’s how to get iMessage on Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Prepare iPhone to Sync Messages 2.
- Receive Text Messages On Mac
- Messages Don't Show Up On Mac
- Messages Dont Show On Mac Messages App Free
- How To Use Messages On Mac
Chat with businesses
- Mar 08, 2012 The subject says it all. IPhone 3GS on 4.0 w/ 05.13.04 BB I've tried using BITEsms to see if it would alert me, but so far I literally have to go into Messages every 20 minutes to check and see if any new conversation has been updated with a text message - obviously not optimal.
- Feb 15, 2020 Problem 8: Keep Messages On Mac: iMessage Text. For Messages app on Mac, Open Messages app on Mac. Go to “Top menu” “Messages” “Preferences” Next to click on “General” Tab Select One of three options from the Dropdown list. Forever; One Year; 30 Days; In case you remove the conversation from the list of Messages app.
- Jun 19, 2015 Once you've signed back in, you should see your phone number in the You can be reached for messages at list. Make sure it is selected and you will begin receiving iMessages to your Mac again.
Use Messages to send texts to companies that use Business Chat, and get assistance, schedule appointments, and complete purchases.
Text all your friends
If you have an iPhone, you can send SMS texts to anyone with any device, right from Messages on your Mac. When they text you back, you don’t have to jump up to get your iPhone—just reply on your Mac.
Send unlimited text messages
If your friends use iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or a Mac, you can send them unlimited text messages using iMessage. Include photos (even Live Photos), audio clips, and any other type of file you can imagine.
Do more than just text
If you’re in the mood to talk with your friends face-to-face, or share your screen with someone, you can do it from Details view in a conversation.
To browse the Messages User Guide, click Table of Contents at the top of the page.
If you need more help, visit the Messages Support website.
Receive Text Messages On Mac
Recently, I was having this problem: Every time when I receive a message , the message app was showing its phone number instead of its contact name even though I had saved the contact information of this particular person in my iPhone. For example, I had a friend named Selma and her number was (217) XXX XXXX. I saved her (this number) as Selma. However when Selma sent a message, it was showing her number, (217) XXX XXX and not her name, Selma, even she was listed.
I was able to fix this problem. This short article explains how I was able to fix this. If you are having this problem, this article will teach you how you can troubleshoot it. Here is how:
Messages Don't Show Up On Mac
Phone numbers instead of Contact names (iOS devices)
Please note that we explained this issue before when users were having a very similar problem with then-new iOS 9 update. Please read that article also. If you are still having issues, then please try the following tips:
- It seems that iCloud Contacts may cause this. If this is the case, here is you can fix it:
- On your iPhone or iPad tap Settings > Your Name > iCloud and then turn off Contacts (you will be asked what you would like to do with the previously synced iCloud contacts on your device. Select Delete) and wait a few seconds and turn it back on (when you are asked select Merge).
- Restart your device. You can restart your device by going to Settings > General > Shut Down and start again.
- Force quit the messages app and open again. To close the app (if your device have a Home button), double press the Home button, and swipe up the Messages app. If your device does not have a Home button, e.g, iPhone X, swipe up from the home screen and then swipe up the Messages app. And then reopen the Messages app.
- Go to Settings > Messages and turn off MMS Messaging (under the SMS/MMS section) and then turn back on.
- Try to disabling Short Name. Please tap Settings > Contacts > Short Name and toggle it off. Please note that Short Name is turned on by default. Short Name lets you see your contacts’ first names (or last name or nick name depending on your settings) instead of the full name.
- Check the contact number. Make sure it is in this format: + country code (area code) phone number (like: +1 217 721 0000) if it is not in this format, change it and fit in this format. This may be an issue especially if you have international contacts saved. You may want to do this because your iOS device may not recognize it. Here is how you can change a contact name and number:
- Open Contacts
- Tap the name of the contact that you would like to change its number
- Tap the Edit button (upper right corner)
- Tap the number field
- Make your changes
- and then finally tap Done (upper right corner)
Messages Dont Show On Mac Messages App Free
See also: Good cleaning software for mac.
How To Use Messages On Mac
If none of the tips works for you, then you may want to contact Apple support. You can chat or meet with a Genius.