Some users who updated to the latest iOS version are finding out that Spotlight Search is not working properly. More specifically, while some users are stating that a Spotlight search is not showing any results, some others are saying that search is not working as expected. As you can see below, a spotlight search attempt does not yield any results:
Spotlight lets you find apps, documents, and other files on iOS device, iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Spotlight is especially useful if you have a lot of apps on your device.
Spotlight Search FixesMicrosoft planner for mac.
1. Symptom: Spotlight does not show Contacts
Mar 01, 2015 Mac OS X has a desktop app store, unlike Windows. Get a new Mac and you may be excited to open the Mac App Store and install all your favorite software — but you won’t find all your favorite apps in the store. The Mac App Store isn’t like the App Store on Apple’s iPhones and iPads.
If you experience this, simply follow these steps:
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch/Open Contacts,
- Tap Groups
- Tap “Hide All Contacts” then tap “Show All Contacts”
2. Symptom: Search is not working properly
If you think that Search is not finding items, meaning it is not working correctly, try these steps:
- Go to Settings > General > Spotlight Search
- Turn off (deactivate) everything (search results)
- Now turn off your device by pressing and holding the on/off button until you see the slider. Then slide the red slider.
- Turn your device on.
- Now go to Settings > General > Spotlight Search and now turn everything on.
3. Symptom: Blank Results
If your search is showing empty search results, try these:
- Tap Settings > General > Language & Region > iPad Language or iPhone Language
- Select a language (e.g.; Canada English) and tap Done. Then confirm your change by tapping Continue.
- Now change back to your original language.
Other troubleshooting tips
You may try if your issue, still, is not fixed:
- If there is an update, update the iOS software on your iPhone or iPad by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Send yourself an email. For instance, send an email from your iPad email address to your iPad.
- Force restart your idevice by pressing and holding the on/off and the home buttons together until you see the Apple logo.
- Reset Location and Privacy by going to Settings > General > Reset > Location & Privacy.
- Reset All Settings. NOTE: all your settings (Wi-Fi settings, Touch ID, Face ID, Restrictions etc…) will be gone if you do this. If you want to do it simply go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Note again, this will not delete any data or content, just it will reset all settings to factory defaults.
Please note that you can change Spotlight settings by going to Settings > Siri & Search.
If nothing works, you may want to contact Apple.
According ti the article macOS Sierra: If searching your Mac doesn’t return expected results
AVG AntiVirus for Mac offers excellent protection from viruses, web, and email threats. The app doesn't have much to it aside from on-off sliders, and a few minor settings, but for those who just. Apr 01, 2020 Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac gets top marks from the independent labs and in our own hands-on testing. With its handy Autopilot mode, you can. Jun 11, 2020 Norton is another well-respected brand in the antivirus world, and provides excellent malware detection for Mac computers. Indeed, Norton 360. Best malware detection and removal software for mac.
Check the location you’re searching
If you began your search in Spotlight, the search results can include email, Calendar events, Spotlight Suggestions, information from other apps, and more. If you began your search in a Finder window, the search results include only files and folders on your internal disk.
Read the steps in the article , perhaps its best to take back up of all mails and configure once again .
Click on Go on top menu bar , hold option key click on > library > select mail folder > right click on mail there itself > click on copy mail > right click on extreme right hand side in column B , that is below persistence info.plist > click on paste item .
Entire mails are copied to V4 folder .
Go to the corrupted IMAP account > open its preferences > select Accounts > select the account that has to be deleted & click on minus sign .
Configure new IMAP account , go to top menu bar , file > import mail boxes > import data from > select apple mail > click on continue > select the back drop folder then choose new .
Mac Search No Longer Shows Application
When new IMAP account is opened , a new folder with all mails will appear in the mail side bar .You can rename the folder .
Mac Search No Longer Shows Apps
Sep 11, 2017 6:22 AM