Install Software External Hard Drive Mac
- Install Software External Hard Drive Mac Laptop
- External Hard Drive Mac To Windows
- Install Bootcamp On External Drive
- Mac External Hard Drive On Windows 10
Reinstall from macOS Recovery
The Best Tech Newsletter Anywhere. Join 250,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, geek trivia, and our feature articles.
macOS Recovery makes it easy to reinstall the Mac operating system, even if you need to erase your startup disk first. All you need is a connection to the Internet. If a wireless network is available, you can choose it from the Wi-Fi menu , which is also available in macOS Recovery.
1. Start up from macOS Recovery
To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold one of the following sets of keys on your keyboard. Release the keys when you see an Apple logo, spinning globe, or other startup screen.
Reinstall the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac (recommended).
Upgrade to the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
Reinstall the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.
You might be prompted to enter a password, such as a firmware password or the password of a user who is an administrator of this Mac. Enter the requested password to continue.
When you see the utilities window, you have started up from macOS Recovery.
2. Decide whether to erase (format) your disk
You probably don't need to erase, unless you're selling, trading in, or giving away your Mac, or you have an issue that requires you to erase. If you need to erase before installing macOS, select Disk Utility from the Utilities window, then click Continue. Learn more about when and how to erase.
See the Unity XCode project manual page for further information. Accessing iOS functionality. Unity provides a number of scripting APIs to access the multi-touch screen, accelerometer, device geographical location system and much more. You can find out more about the script classes on the iOS. Unity is the ultimate game development platform. Use Unity to build high-quality 3D and 2D games, deploy them across mobile, desktop, VR/AR, consoles or the Web, and connect with loyal and enthusiastic players and customers. Feb 09, 2017 If all you want it is for iOS development, and likely just purely build your Android games for iOS, then I say get a Mac Mini. The cheapest of them. It will do the building just fine and its a perfectly workable computer. It also works magnificently with your existing keyboard/mouse/monitor specially if you get a switcher. Unity Cloud Build A continuous integration service for Unity Projects that automates the process of creating builds on Unity’s servers. More info See in Glossary helps you automate the process of building your Unity Project for iOS Apple’s mobile operating system. More info See in Glossary devices. This article describes the prerequisites necessary to build your Project for iOS and how to. May 13, 2014 Great app for developing This is a great app for anyone who wants to develop in Unity for iOS. The only problem I have with it so far is that it doesn’t play audio through the remote, but this is a minor problem. It is more fore development of the visuals and controls. Ios app development on mac from unity.
3. Install macOS
When you're ready to reinstall macOS, choose Reinstall macOS from the Utilities window. Then click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You will be asked to choose a disk on which to install.
- If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
- If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
- If the installer is for a different version of macOS than you expected, learn about macOS Recovery exceptions.
- If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. During installation, your Mac might restart and show a progress bar several times, and the screen might be empty for minutes at a time.
If your Mac restarts to a setup assistant, but you're selling, trading in, or giving away your Mac, press Command-Q to quit the assistant without completing setup. Then click Shut Down. When the new owner starts up the Mac, they can use their own information to complete setup.
macOS Recovery exceptions
The version of macOS offered by macOS Recovery might vary in some cases:
Editing software for mac. It is quite an effective tool mastering which is not more than an hour’s job.
- If macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later has never been installed on this Mac, Option-Command-R installs the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. And Shift-Option-Command-R isn't available.
- If you erased your entire disk instead of just the startup volume on that disk, macOS Recovery might offer only the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. You can upgrade to a later version afterward.
- If your Mac has the Apple T2 Security Chip and you never installed a macOS update, Option-Command-R installs the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.
- If you just had your Mac logic board replaced during a repair, macOS Recovery might offer only the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
If you can't get macOS Recovery to offer the installer you want, you might be able to use one of the other ways to install macOS.
Other ways to install macOS
- You can also install macOS from the App Store or Software Update preferences. If you can't install macOS Catalina, you might be able to install an earlier macOS, such as macOS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or Yosemite.
- Or create a bootable installer disk, then use that disk to install macOS on your Mac or another Mac.
Jun 08, 2020 • Filed to: Solve Mac Problems • Proven solutions
Creating a bootable drive for your Mac certainly seems to be a wise decision to make. Even though MacOS recovery partition can take care of all your recovery requirements in times of need, it’s still worthwhile to have a bootable installer.
Why Do You Need to Create A Bootable Drive For Your Mac?
- The Mac installer gets deleted as soon as you download it and use it by installing the Mac operating system. Once the installer gets deleted, it means that you can no longer use it to install the MacOS on another Mac device. You will have to again download the installer on the latter Mac to install the MacOS. This can take a lot of time and become inefficient if you have multiple Macs.
- Clean installs can be performed by installers which are very helpful in overwriting your start-up drive. You can also use this function for other troubleshooting issues as well.
- When you have a bootable installer, it ensures that you are well guarded in an emergency scenario by making use of some of its helpful utilities.
- A bootable installer can allow you to install an earlier version of MacOS and also let you temporarily boot into the previous version of the MacOS.
What Do You Need Before Creating Your Bootable Drive?
Before you begin the process, you will need the following:
- USB Stick / External Hard Drive: If you are planning to use a USB for downloading the bootable version of the installer, make sure that it is 8GB in size or larger than that. In the case of Sierra, 12GB is recommended as the minimum requirement. Ideally, 32GB to 64GB is a good size to have as it is not only cost-effective but also gives a better performance. In the case of an external drive, you can use any spare one that you are not going to use for any other work.
- Download MacOS High Sierra Installer: It is important to note that once you have downloaded the installer, it will begin with the installation process on its own. You can close the installer just like you quit any Mac app. In the case of the macOS version being older than the current one, you can click on ‘ok’ once the message flashes that the version is too old to install. You can find the old installer file in your ‘Application Folder’. Don’t forget to take a backup of your Mac to be on a safe side.
Part 1. How to Create a Bootable Drive Using Terminal
There are two ways of creating a bootable copy of the installer. You can either use Terminal or get the job done through a free software like Recoverit to do it for you. First, let us look at how to create a bootable drive using Terminal.
Steps to create a MacOS Siera beta boot disk:
- The first step in the process is to connect your external hard drive to your Mac. You need to name your external drive ‘untitled’ for the Terminal command to work.
- Launch Terminal. You can find this in the 'Utilities' folder of your Applications folder.
- Copy the following instructions now:
- In this step, you have to paste the copied instruction on the screen by going back to the Terminal.
- You will be required to feed in your user password now and then hit ‘Return’.
- Now, the Terminal will ask for your permission to erase the drive. To continue, type ‘Y’ and again hit return.
- After the Terminal has erased your drive, your Mac will prompt you if you wish to use the drive for Time Machine. Click ‘Don’t Use’.
- Next, the installer file will be copied by the Terminal to your drive. This might take some time, so be patient.
- Once the copying is completed, a ‘Copy complete’ message will be displayed on your screen. You can now quit the Terminal and use your drive.
Part 2. How to Create Bootable Media for Mac with Recoverit Mac Data Recovery
Recoverit Mac data recovery software is one of the most impressive and easy-to-use data recovery software in the market, and it has lots to offer with its varied utilities and functions. With Recoverit to create bootable media, you can access your system easily without the need to reinstall the MacOS to recover your lost data.
Step 1 Launch Recoverit and get to select 'Computer Crash Recovery'. Click 'Start'.
Install Software External Hard Drive Mac Laptop
Step 2 Choose your connected external hard drive as the bootable media, and click 'Start'. You will receive a requirement of formatting the device. Before the formatting, remember to back your drive data up.
Step 3 Wait for a while, and Recoverit will format your drive and start creating the bootable media.
Step 4 Once it finishes, follow the next steps to restore data back.
Part 3. How to Set the Computer Boot from the Bootable Media
Step 1 Connect your external drive to your unbootable Mac.
External Hard Drive Mac To Windows
Step 2 Press down on the ‘Option’ key after restarting your Mac.
Step 3 Once the booting has finished, your Mac will display the Startup Manager to show you the available boot drives. Select your external hard drive and hit ‘Return’.
Step 4 If you want to install Sierra but keep your data untouched, you can select 'Install OS X'. However, if you wish to delete all your data, then you can select Disk Utility to format the entire drive and wipe away all your data to reformat the internal drive first and then install MacOS Sierra.
Install Bootcamp On External Drive
You now have a bootable copy of the MacOS Sierra installer, and you can use it on multiple Macs to install the Mac OS. If you are familiar with the command line, you can opt to create a bootable drive using Terminal. For others, you can simply opt for reliable Mac hard drive recovery software like Recoverit and assist you in recovering your data as well from crashed systems in case of emergencies.
What's Wrong with Mac
Mac External Hard Drive On Windows 10
- Recover Your Mac
- Fix Your Mac
- Delete Your Mac
- Learn Mac Hacks