- Imovie For Mac
- Imovie Video Editing Software Mac
- Imovie Editing Software Free
- Best Video Editing Software Mac
- Best Mac Movie Editor
- Feb 19, 2020 Edit in iMovie on Mac After you add video clips and photos to the timeline of your project, you can make a clip longer or shorter, change the sequence of clips, or split a clip into two separate clips. Make a clip shorter or longer You can trim a video clip or a photo so it appears for a shorter or longer period of time in your movie.
- When every I use Imovie it crashes and doesn't work so I'm not going to use. I tried other paid like the one adobe has. But I'm looking for a video editing software that doesn't decrease the video video quality when I'm editing the video and that is also free.
iMovie was created by the great company Apple Inc. It's originally designed for Mac, but now it also compatible with iOS. iMovie is free yet powerful video editing application. iMovie usually does good jobs. But still there are many people are searching for iMovie alternative for Mac everyday. The reason might be that iMovie doestn't import video recorded by camcorder, iMovie doesn't have the features I need, iMovie keep crashing, and more.
Apr 19, 2019 Unfortunately, Apple doesn't offer iMovie for Windows or iMovie online, and it is very likely that there will never be a Windows version of iMovie. Keeping iMovie exclusive to Apple systems can be one of the selling points that drive more users to buy Apple products.
Forget the reason why you give up iMovie. Sometimes, you just need a new and different video app. This article will introduce my best choice of 5 iMovie alternatives for Mac (Mojave included), among which some are free video editors, while some are paid video editors. Just get the best alternative to iMovie for Mac. If you've switched to the PC platform, download iMovie for Windows alternative here.
> iMovie Alternative 1: Movavi Video Editor for Mac - CLOSEST iMovie Alternative
> iMovie Alternative 2: Wondershare Filmora for Mac - SIMILAR FEATURES
> iMovie Alternative 3: Shotcut for Mac - FREE Video Editor
> iMovie Alternative 4: Final Cut Pro X for Mac - UPGRADE Version of iMovie from Apple
> iMovie Alternative 5: Adobe Premiere Pro for Mac - PROFESSIONAL Video Editor
iMovie Alternative 1: Movavi Video Editor for Mac - BEST iMovie Alternative
- Movavi Video Editor for Mac is an ideal iMovie for Mac substitute because its inteface and features are very similar to iMovie. Like iMovie, it's extremely easy to use Movavi Video Editor. No prior video editing experience required. Since you're switched from iMovie. You can instantly use this iMovie alternative to create professional movies. The switch is almost seamlessly. Get it free now!
- Love iMovie's powerful features like Green Screen, Ken Burns Effect, animated titles? All these tools and more others are included in Movavi Video Editor. Plus, they are easy to use. With a few clicks, you're done with high quality video. Then, you can directly upload your movie to YouTube, or export for playing on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, etc. All in all, this is the best iMovie for Mac equivalent (Mojave compatible).
iMovie Alternative 2: Wondershare Filmora - SIMILAR Features
- Wondershare pays much attention to the video editing field these years. Now it's video editing product Filmora has become an important role in this industry. Wondershare Filmora makes it incredibly easy to edit videos and add special effects. They even comes with an Effects Store to add more value to the product. It's semi-professional video editor close to Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Using iMovie, even the first-timers could make a good-looking movie, so does Wondershare Filmora. Its intuitive interface and easy workflow will appeal to users who have no prior video editing experience.
- However, for those who continue using it, they will find out that Filmora comes with a fully stacked feature set. It also provides the features and styles that are previously only available to professional film makers, like Split Screen, Green Screen, Picture in Picture, masks, and so on.
iMovie Alternative 3: Shotcut for Mac - FREE iMovie Alternative
- I don't think there is anyone who doesn't like freebies, especially iMovie is a free video editor. If you're searching for a free iMovie alternative, Shotcut is the right choice. In fact, it's not only free, but also open-source and cross-platform, which means you can also use it on PC as an iMovie for Windows alternative.
- Shotcut is well-known as its broad media format support, high qualiy media input and output support, and sleek user interface. Like iMovie, Shotcut is compatible with 4K resolutions. So you're able to edit 4K videos recorded with your iPhone using this iMovie alternative for Mac, Windows and Linux. Besides, Shotcut requires no import which means your video won't be converted and native timeline editing is applied. In all, as a free iMovie alternative, Shotcut is beyond expectation in features and support for media formats and platforms.
iMovie Alternative 4: Final Cut Pro X - UPGRADE Version of iMovie from Apple
- If you're searching for a full video production solution instead of movie editing software, you may learn more about Final Cut Pro X which also comes from Apple Inc and costs you $299.99.
- Generally speaking, FCP is the upgrade version of iMovie. The former is created for post-production film makers, while the latter is for family use. That's why iMovie is free and FCP is being sold for a high price.
- But Final Cut Pro deserves the price. It enables you to control the video production from start to end. FCP delivers advanced color grading, HDR support, ProRes RAW, VR headset playback and full-featured closed captions. iMovie makes it easy to begin making movies. When you’re ready to go further, it’s effortless to switch to Final Cut Pro from iMovie for Mac or iMovie for iOS.
iMovie Alternative 5: Adobe Premiere Pro for Mac - PROFESSIONAL Video Editor
- Adobe Premiere Pro is similar to Final Cut Pro. They are the main competitors in the post-production field. I recommend Final Cut Pro first because a) the effortless switch from iMovie to FCP, and FCP also work seamlessly with other Apple production like Motion and Compresso. b) FCP has built in a full set of sound effects, caption tools and effect editing tools.
- But Adobe Premiere Pro is also widely used in post production, especially for making film and TV. It provides you with almost all editing tools for color, audio, and graphics. The integrated workflows let you polish your work even without leaving your timeline. Adobe is a leading company in the media creation field. PRE is fully integrated with other Adobe apps and services, so you can craft footage into polished films and videos in one seamless workflow. Dislike FCP's one-time payment and life-time upgrade, Adobe Premiere Pro requires you a subscription plan for $20.99 per month. Adobe also provides different subscription plans on their official website.
Comparison of iMovie Alternatives to iMovie
Check out the following table for the detailed differences between iMovie and its alternatives for Mac.
Unlock your device Be sure your AT&T phone, tablet, or mobile hotspot is nearby. FYI: We can only unlock devices that work on the AT&T network.Some unlocked phones may not. Mar 13, 2018 Such instances can be that you have a poor WIFI reception and your iPhone is facing regular disconnections. You can turn your Mac into a WIFI hotspot to boost the signals or share your internet connection.Elsewhere, if you are only connected to an Ethernet connection and don’t have access to a wireless internet connection. If we approve your request, we email you the instructions to unlock your device and insert the new carrier SIM card. For iPhone, visit Apple Support: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier for additional help. To view device instructions for approved unlock requests, you can also: Visit Check Your Unlock. Can macs use att hotspot unlocking software.
|Mac, Windows||Supported input formats: All popular video formats like MP4, MOV, AVCHD, MTS, AVI, MPEG, etc. |
Supported output profiles: iPhone/iPad/iPod/Android/ YouTube/Google Drive/Apple TV/ Video formats/audio formats
Key features: easy to use video editing tools, multiple tracks, green screen, PiP, royalty-free music library, 4K support, etc.
|Wondershare Filmora||Mac, Windows, |
|Supported input formats: All regular video formats like MP4, MOV, AVCHD, MTS, AVI, MPEG, etc. |
Supported output profiles: iPhone/iPad/iPod/Android/ YouTube/Google Drive/Apple TV/ Video formats/audio formats
Key features: basic video editing tools, multiple tracks, green screen, PiP, split screen, Effects store, 4K support, etc.
|Supported input formats: All the latest audio and video formats and popular image formats. 4K, ProRes, DNxHD compatible. |
Supported output profiles: Wide video/audio capture and import support and an array of video filters provided.
Key features: support for broad media formats, native timeline editing without lossing quality. Blackmagic Design support for input and preview monitoring, powerful audio editing and mixing features, 4K supported, cross-platform and so on.
|Final Cut Pro X||Mac Only||Supported input formats: Almost import everything from standard definition video to ProRes RAW files. |
Key features: Create studio-quality videos by controlling every detail in post-production. Easy to use yet powerful color grading, HDR support and ProRes RAW, closed caption making tools, 360 video editing and VR headset playback, and many many more.
|Adobe Premiere Pro||Mac, Windows||Supported input formats: Almost import everything from SD video to ProRes RAW files. |
Supported output profiles: Almost any format you want. Publish your videos in the Google VR180 format on YouTube.
Key features: Apart from FCP, another leading video editing software for film, TV, and the web. Precise and simple color grading, end-to-end VR 180 editing, and working seamlessly with other Adobe apps and services. You need a subscription plan to use Premiere, with obvious advantages and disadvantages compared to Final Cut Pro X for Mac.
iMovie for Mac Tips
BestVideo Editing Software for MaciMore2020
Your Mac is a great tool for editing video, but the software needed can get a little pricy. If you're looking for something less expensive, or at least want to see what is on the market, you've come to the right place. These video editors for Mac should get the job done.
The Granddaddy: Adobe Premiere Pro CC (one-year subscription)Staff favorite
The leading video editing software for film, TV, and the web, Adobe Premiere Pro CC is also one of the most expensive. Plus, it's now only available through monthly or yearly subscriptions. For this, you also gain access to Premiere Rush, which allows you to capture footage and start editing on all your devices.$240 at Amazon
For consumers: Adobe Premiere Elements 2019
Considered a less powerful (and cheaper) sibling to Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements is available on Mac and Windows and allows you to do basic and intermediate edits. And yes, you only have to pay for it once -- until a new version is released, of course.$90 at Amazon
Signature selection: Apple Final Cut Pro
If you're looking for an option not owned by Adobe, you should consider Apple's Final Cut Pro. Ideally suited for professionals, this software combines video editing and media organization. Extend your capabilities by adding third-party workflow extensions.$300 at Apple
Apple's freebie: iMovie
Available for free in the Mac App Store, iMovie features classic themes, chroma-keying, audio tools, and a brilliant, yet simple interface. You can enhance your iMovie experience by using the iOS version on the iPhone and iPad.Free at Apple
Universal choice: Lifeworks Pro (one-month subscription)
Available for Mac, Windows, and Linux, Lifeworks Pro is ideally suited for anyone just stepping into video editing as well as long-time users. You can download a free version with output format restrictions or purchase a monthly or yearly subscription that unlocks everything.$25 at Lifeworks
A packed freebie: DaVinci Resolve 16
The free version of DaVinci Resolve 16 offers editing, visual effects, motion graphics, color correction, and audio post-processing. For $300, you can purchase the studio version, which adds multi-user collaboration, 3D tools, FX, and more. This software is available on Mac, Windows, and Linux.Free at Blackmagic Design
Imovie For Mac
Free and open-source: Blender
With Blender, you receive a free and open-source 3D creation suite. Tools are available for video editing, modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, and game creation. If you're looking for something a little bit different that is supported by professionals and hobbyists alike, this is the one to check out.Free at Blender
Easy to learn: OpenShot
Also open-source, OpenShot is a quick-to-learn, yet powerful video editor. Offering 3D animations, trim and slice, video effects, and much more.Free at OpenShot
Two in one solution: Camtasia
Both a screen recorder and video editor, Camtasia allows you to combine or split clips, trim, and speed up or slow down footage. From there, you can preview your masterpiece through the video editor. Add effects to add polish to your videos. Camtasia is available for Mac and Windows and is available for free through a 30-day trial.$250 at TechSmith
Lots of choices
Video editing software for Mac comes at various price points, with some even being open-source. Our favorite, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, is the most complete solution available. For this, however, you're going to pay monthly. With this, you'll also receive Premiere Rush, which lets you capture footage on all your devices.
We also highly recommend Apple's extensive Final Cut Pro and the consumer offering, iMovie. All the ones on this list are worth taking a look. Both let you stay in the Apple ecosystem and avoid Adobe products. The choice is yours.
Imovie Video Editing Software Mac
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Outlook web app mac problems free. Learn more.
Imovie Editing Software FreeSave your crispy video
Best Video Editing Software Mac
The memory cards you need for the DJI Osmo Pocket
Best Mac Movie Editor
You won't get far without a memory card for your DJI Osmo Pocket. When you're shooting video, you need something fast and reliable. These are the microSD cards we put our faith in to record Osmo Pocket footage.