You may want to transfer music from iPod to iTunes Mac for having a large music collection or transferring music to other devices. Or you have switched to a new Mac and want to sync iPod with new computer. But how do you make it? It's not easy to do it unless you know some tricks. But you can find your way here.
2 Ways to Transfer Music from iPod to iTunes Mac
Out of the two ways to transfer music from iPod to iTunes Mac, the best way is obvious as you will see below:
- Method 1: Transfer Music from iPod to iTunes Mac without iTunes
- Method 2: Transfer Music from iPod to iTunes Mac with iTunes
Transfer Music from iPod to iTunes Mac without iTunes
This list collects 5 free Mac iPod File Transfers to help you copy music, songs, video, rating, pictures, playlist, etc files from iPod back to Mac and iTunes, They are totally free without any limitation.I have scanned them with McAfee, they are all safe without any virus and spyware. For more iPod Transfer for Windows System, you can refer to this side by side iPod Transfer Review. Feb 13, 2020 How to use MobiMover to move music from iPod to iPod. The guide below works well for transferring music from iPod to iPod without iTunes. You need to change the iDevice as your iPods and follow the steps one by one to make things done. Connect your old and new iPhone to the computer and run EaseUS MobiMover.
Maybe you just want to move the music collection from your iPod back to your Mac or PC without having to download any tricky or expensive software. Other reason is, when you get all music collection saved on your iPod device, it may pop up a errors that prompts you all the music stored on the computer is lost, deleted, or corrupted. How to Use iMusic- iPod Transfer Software to Transfer Music from iPod to iTunes Step 1 — Download, Install. Then click the “Copy to iTunes” button on the corner of the window to complete the transfer. But because it is FREE. This Mac-only iPod transfer software is actually very limited when it comes to its tools and options.
The easy way to copy music from iPod to iTunes Mac is using iOS transfer tool, like iMyFone TunesMate. Well, it’s a perfect iTunes alternative that allows you to easily transfer music from iPod to iTunes Mac or sync iTunes music to iPod without deleting music.
- Enrich iTunes media library from 2-5 iPhones/iPods/iPads
- Add music to iPod from different computers without erasing
- Both purchased and free music are well supported.
- Manage iPod music library by editing/adding/deleting/backing up/transferring songs and playlists
Just download TunesMate free trial and follow below to transfer music from iPod to iTunes Mac.
Step 2: On the home interface, you should see a button that says “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes”. Click it, then click the “Start” button when it shows up.
Step 3: Let the program scan through your files, then make sure to tick the box next to “Music”. Click “Start” again.
Free Software To Copy Music From Ipod To Mac Free
TunesMate gives you a lot more than iTunes can do:
- It’s much more user-friendly as it will not erase your iPod any time.
- You can sync iPod to different computers or sync one computer to different iPods.
- All audio and video formats are supported. Files will be converted when transferring if not supported by iDevice.
- It allows you to transfer music/videos/files from iDevice to computer while iTunes does not.
In addition, you can manage your music much more effectively using TunesMates’ intuitive interface. It will find and help you delete duplicate files. If you want a truly detailed view of the music on your iPod and you want real control over how your songs are transferred, TunesMate is definitely the way to go.
Transfer Music from iPod to iTunes Mac with iTunes
Naturally, you can also transfer music from iPod to iTunes Mac using iTunes itself. If you have no other tools, then this is the default one to use, though it is inherently limited as you will see. Here is how to transfer music from iPod to iTunes mac using iTunes:
Step 1: Prevent Your iPod from Syncing
- Launch iTunes.
- Press and hold “Command” and “Option” keys at the same time while plugging in your iPod.
- Do not release them until you see your iPod recognized by iTunes.
- Confirm that your iPod is mounted in iTunes and your Mac’s desktop.
Note: Ensure that your iPod will not sync with your iPod before connecting, or everything on your iPod will be removed.
Step 2: View Your iPod Hidden Folders
- Go to “Finder > Applications > Utilities” and launch Terminal.
- Copy and paste “defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles True” and press Return key.
- Copy and paste “killall Finder” and press Return key to stop and restart your Finder.
Step 3: Locate Your Music Folder on iPod
- Launch Finder and click your iPod’s name in the side bar.
- Open “iPod_Control” folder and then “Music” folder.
- You can copy and paste the music you want to add to iTunes to wherever you like on your Mac.
Note: You will be surprised to find that the folder or file names are not named in an easily discernable manner, but look something like F00 or TWVP.mp3. It is normal. When you add them into iTunes, iTunes can detect their built-in ID3 tags. They can be displayed neatly with track and info in iTunes library.
Step 4: Add the Music to iTunes
- On iTunes, go to “iTunes > Preferences” and then “Advanced” tab.
- Check “Keep iTunes Music folder organized” and “Copy files to iTunes Music Folder folder when adding to library.” Hit “OK.”
- Go to “File > Add to Library” and select where you paste your music.
- Click “Open” button to make it.
It is more complicated to transfer music from iPod to iTunes Mac. But you will basically be transferring only your purchases, which means that you can only transfer the files that you have officially purchased from the iTunes store. In other words, if you try to transfer music that you downloaded for free, it may not work, and in fact your music could become deleted in the process.
On top of that, you have to deal with the iTunes application, which is inefficient, slow, and restrictive. You can transfer one song at a time or manage your library as easily as you can with TunesMate. So if you want a better experience, definitely give TunesMate a try instead.
Amazon drive mac app external drive. Amazon.com: mac external drive. Skip to main content Hello, Sign in. Account & Lists Returns & Orders. Try Prime Cart.