- Swift is a robust and intuitive programming language created by Apple for building apps for iOS, Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. It’s designed to give developers more freedom than ever. Swift is easy to use and open source, so anyone with an idea can create something incredible.
- Aug 13, 2018 The Best Apps for Writers on Mac As I said earlier, these writing apps can not improve your writing, however, what they can do is to assist you in improving your efficiency while writing. They create an environment where you can forget about technical stuff like formatting and focus more on the art of writing itself.
- May 18, 2020 The free trial gives full access to the program and lasts for 14 days. A license can be purchased for $79.95. Easy Translator for Mac is a useful translation program with the.
Learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Irish, Dutch, Danish, and English. Totally fun and 100% free. 'Among apps for learning or practicing a language, you can't beat Duolingo.' —PC Magazine. Awarded Editors' Choice for Language Learning. 'Far and away the best free language-learning app.'
Developers are doing
great things with Swift.
Swift is a fast and efficient language that provides real-time feedback and can be seamlessly incorporated into existing Objective-C code. So developers are able to write safer, more reliable code, save time, and create even richer app experiences.
built using Swift.
More and more developers are incorporating Swift code into their apps. And some are even building all-new apps entirely in Swift.
equals better apps.
Swift apps more than live up to the name. For instance, a common search algorithm completes much faster using Swift.
10,000 integers found in a graph
using depth-first search algorithm*
Educators are adding Swift
to their curriculum.
Developers aren’t the only ones who’ve noticed the potential of Swift. Universities and academic institutions are teaching Swift in their computer programming courses and offering free courses on iTunes U. Which means the transition from introductory coding to professional programming has never been easier.
Colleges and universities that are incorporating Swift into their courses
- Aberystwyth University
- Borough of Manhattan
- California Polytechnic State University
- Central Piedmont Community College
- Foothill College
- Full Sail University
- Houston Community College System
- Lawson State Community College
- Mesa Community College
- Northwest Kansas Technical College
- Plymouth University
- RMIT University
- Southern Methodist University
- Stanford University
- Technical University of Munich
- Tecnológico de Monterrey
- University of California, Santa Cruz
Swift is everywhere.
And now it’s open for everyone.
Swift is free and open source, and it’s available to a wide audience of developers, educators, and students under the Apache 2.0 open source license. We’re providing binaries for macOS and Linux that can compile code for iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS, and Linux. And to help Swift grow into an even more powerful language, we created a community where users can contribute directly to the Swift source code.
Get started with Swift.
The Definitive Book
Download The Swift Programming Language from the Apple Books Store free. Learn how Swift makes programming easier, more flexible, and more fun.Download the free book
Xcode is the Mac app used to build every other Mac app and every iOS app, too. It has all the tools you need to create an amazing app experience. And it’s available as a free download from the Mac App Store.Download Xcode from the
Mac App Store
Get detailed technical information and an advanced overview of Swift. Check out the developer blog and stay up to date on the latest news. And enjoy free access to great resources like guides, videos, and sample code. Mac app to fix input volume 2.