Dec 26, 2019 Imaging will be troublesome to clarify and perceive as a result of it offers such a big amount of choices. Let’s download these awesome best disk cloning software windows/mac 2019 and start disk cloning now. 23 rows Free Edition. A free back up, disk imaging, and cloning solution capable of meeting the. Aug 11, 2019 Here we recommend you EaseUS Todo Backup Free, an award-winning and free disk imaging software for Windows 10/8/7Vista/XP for its powerful, safe and easy-to-use feature. With its detailed instruction wizards, it allows you to easily backup your system state, files, folders, partition and disk in minutes without the help of an IT specialist. MacOS users will need to look thoroughly for disk imaging software for Mac specifically, as those are scare. Top-10 comparison & Tests. We’ve selected 10 popular disk imaging software tools, mostly for Windows, to review and test, and here’s the first batch of information to compare.
Disk cloning software is an important need when it comes to data disaster prevention. Disk cloning is a method to create one on one copy of all your hard drive content, including files required to boot to the OS from the drive. In simple words, you can say, it is a duplicate copy of your hard drive.
You can’t prevent hard drive failure or other mechanical failure but sure can avoid losing your precious data by creating a clone of your disk. Well, it also comes handy when you want to upgrade your HDD to an SSD, as it becomes easier to get your data on the new drive.
There are a lot of disk cloning software & disk imaging software available to fulfill the task, but choosing the best for you could be troublesome. To help you with that, we have listed some of the best disk cloning software available for Windows 10, 8 and 7.
Our Top 3 Choices
EaseUS Todo Backup
Paragon Drive Copy
Acronis True Image
Best Disk Cloning And Disk Imaging Software For Windows PC
1. EaseUS Todo Backup Home: Reliable Hard Drive Cloning Tool
EaseUS Todo Backup is a disk cloning tool which is known to be trustworthy when it comes to creating a backup and restoring data on a Windows PC. It comes with three backup options, such as full, differential, and incremental backup.
Features Of EaseUS Todo Backup:
- Enables you to run an automated backup on your files and directories, compress file images to save disk space.
- Allows you to create a bootable backup so that you can restore your system whenever it crashes.
- Store backups to a hard drive, tape, an external device, CD/DVD, FTP server, NAS, OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive.
- Comes with Smart Backup feature, which allows you to perform backup every half an hour, if any changes are made to data.
2. Paragon Drive Copy: One Stop Solution for Disk Cloning
Another great hard drive cloning software, Paragon Drive Copy, can seamlessly migrate your data from a given source to the target. This disk imaging tool allows you to clone your operating system to a USB drive and use anywhere you like.
Features Of Paragon Drive Copy Professional:
- Easily migrates your OS to a new PC for a seamless transition.
- Allows you to create backups, migrate data, and manage partitions.
- Let’s you copy or retrieve data to a hard drive even with different sector size.
- Can split or merge partitions and distribute free hard disk space again.
3. Acronis True Image: Best Mirroring Software For Windows 10
Looking for the best disk cloning software which can provide safety, privacy and security of your data? Well, your search ends here! Acronis True Image is a robust tool which can handle mirroring and disk cloning with ease.
Features Of Acronis True Image:
- Provides access to your data and backup files anywhere via cloud backup. You can manage your data remotely.
- Comes with a backup solution with AI to protect your computer from ransomware and crypto-jacking in real-time.
- Provides dual protection as it backups your data both on cloud and locally so that you can access your data offsite as well.
- Allows you to store your data, locally on an external hard drive, NAS device, network folder, offsite in the cloud and more.
4. CloneZilla: Best Free Disk Imaging Software
Clonezilla is a disk imaging tool that works as a disk cloning tool as well. It claims to help in system deployment, system backup and recovery. Clonezilla comes in three different versions, Clonezilla live (single computer), Clonezilla SE(for servers), Clonezilla lite server (more than 40 computers).
Features Of Clonezilla:
- Supports many file systems, including ext2, ext4, ext3, reiserf4, reiserfs, jfs, xfs, nilfs2, FAT12, FAT16, NTFS, FAT32 and more.
- The tool works for Windows, macOS, Linux and more and is available for free and open-source.
- It saves and retrieves the used portion of the hard disk, thereby increasing clone efficiency.
- Allows you to save the image file on ssh server, local disk, samba server, WedDAV server, and NFS server.
5. Macrium Reflect: Free Cloning Software For Windows 10
Macrium Reflect free disk imaging and cloning tool is great for both personal and professional use. The tool provides you with options for incremental backups to ensure your data is protected. This version of the tool is available for free and enables you to create effective backups.
Features Of Macrium Reflect Free:
- Can perform disk cloning, create, and backup disk images.
- Boots your backups in a Hyper-V VM at once
- Provides 30 days of technical support via email.
- Allows you to create images of running Windows and browse backup files in Explorer.
6. MiniTool Partition Wizard: Best Free Partition Manager
MiniTool Partition Wizard, a free disk imaging tool which comes with other features, such as data backup, data recovery, disk partitioning, Disk Benchmark and more. It allows you to check file systems, migrate your OS to SSD, and convert MBR to GPT.
Features Of MiniTool Partition Wizard Free:
- Let’s you clone or copy your hard disk in a manner that if your target drive is larger than the source, then it automatically resizes Windows partition.
- Comes with three backup schemes, incremental, full and differential.
- Allows you to restore the system to the previous state.
- Clone your original disk to any other drive such as SSD on the same computer.
7. Active @ Disk Image: Best Disk Duplicator Software
Active Disk Image is a disk imaging tool which can make an exact copy of your hard drive, be it SSD, HDD, USB, CD, Blu-ray, and more. You can use disk images for backups, disk duplication, and PC upgrades.
Features Of [email protected] Disk Image:
- Allows you to schedule backup.
- Enables you to create or restore a disk image backup.
- Provides Windows servers support.
- Comes with image compression (fast, high and normal)
8. AOMEI Backupper Standard: Free & Smart Cloning Software For All
Free Disk Image Backup Software
Another great way to clone a hard disk is downloading AOMEI Backupper Standard. It is a free tool which makes sure your data is safe. The disk cloning tool also comes with a disaster recovery solution for laptops and computers.
Features OF AOMEI Backupper Standard:
- Provides three different backups, differential, full and incremental, to make creating backup easy.
- Comes with real-time file and folder sync from source to destination without any hassle.
- Allows you to scan HDD to HDD, HDD to SSD, and SSD to SSD for data migration and disk upgrades.
- Supports both 32, & 64-bit Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10.
9. Acronis Disk Director: A MultiPurpose Tool To Prevent Data Disasters
Acronis Disk Director is one of the best disk cloning software which can help you clone your hard disk, protect & manage your data, and hard disk. This cloning software can swiftly create partitions, resize, merge, move them without the fear of data loss.
Features Of Acronis Disk Director:
- Allows you to map hard disks, create partitions in no time.
- Comes with a disk editing feature, under which you can make changes to your disk drive content to recover deleted/missing information.
- Can replace an old hard disk to a new one, without reinstalling OS, apps and other settings.
- Supports Windows Server 2016, latest operating systems and 4K hard drives
10. O & O DiskImage 15: Advanced Disk Cloner
O&O Diskimage 15 is one of the great tools to choose to clone your hard disk as it can back up all your files into a single file anywhere you want, even when you are working on your computer. If you lose your data, then this disk cloning tool can help you recover your data seamlessly.
Obd2 third party app triumph mac ios 7. We are very excited about this announcement as we are expanding our OBD2 software to even bigger audience. We hope you like the app or send us feedback on the areas needing improvement. The app will require iOS 7.0 or newer to function. IPhone will be great addition to our product family that already covers Android, Windows Phone, Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.We have been busy and working hard the whole summer to implement the best user experience for the app.
Features Of O&O DiskImage 15:
- Comes with support for SSD hard drives and the latest UEFI system.
- Allows you to create a system restore, clone or duplicate your hard drive.
- Provides a facility to restore a backup onto a computer with different hardware from the source.
- Comes with both automatic and manual backup options
11. NovaBackup PC: All-Rounder Backup Tool
NovaBackup PC is robust disk imaging software which ensures protection for your data. The tool promises multiple File and Image Backup options such as Differential, Full, and Incremental. With Boot Disk, it allows you to restore Image Backup, at the time of system failure to get back to the previous state when Image Backup was created.
Features Of NovaBackup
- Comes with two backup options, file and image backup. File backup enables you to backup specific files, but image backup is to backup complete hard disk.
- Allows you to restore a single file, which was included in the backup file.
- Provides an option to schedule backup so that you don’t have to be bothered for the same.
- Supports NTFS format drives connected to the hard drive and comes with AES 256-bit, AES 192-bit, and AES 128-bit encryption.
12. Drive Image XML: A Free Private Edition For Disk Cloning
Another disk cloning tool, Drive Image XML which is available for free, allows you to create an image and backup of your PC’s partitions and drives. This cloning tool can help you create or restore images to both similar and different drives.
Features Of DriveImage XML
- Allows you toschedule backups so that your data is always secure.
- A simple and trustworthy tool to create images and backup of your hard disk.
- The tool uses Microsoft Volume Shadow Services to create safe “hot images” even while working on your computer.
- Provides you with an option to copy drive to drive directly.
13. Hard Disk Manager 16: Best Tool To Maintain Disk Health
Hard Disk Manager 16 is another disk mirroring software that comes with an intuitive and user-friendly interface, making it easy to use for all. You can maintain your hard disk, keep control on storage space and performance of your computer.
Features Of Hard Disk Manager 16:
- Allows you to transfer data from one computer to another in a few seconds.
- This tool to clone your hard disk is free and comes in protected mode, which means you can preview the changes and apply them if you want.
- Use the basic partitioning feature to maintain your system’s health.
- Provides an option to restore your data in the event of any malware infection.
14. Daemon Tools Pro 8: A Powerful Disk Imaging Software
Looking for a disk mounting tool which can mount all forms of images from explorer or app? If yes, then the answer is Daemon Tools Pro. This drive cloning software is a powerful emulation tool that can get images from physical discs using advanced parameters.
Features Of Daemon Tools Pro 8:
- Comes with TrueCrypt containers to keep confidential information. Allows you to create dynamic and fixed virtual hard disks.
- Compress, convert, and protect your files by using a password.
- Has an ability to emulate all 32 DT, HD and SCSI with 4IDE devices.
- Comes with Advanced imaging tools to create new and edit old Audio CD and data images.
Free Disk Imaging Software WindowsPros:
15. Symantec Ghost Solution Suite: An Enterprise Solution For Hard Disk Cloning
Symantec Ghost Solution Suite is a great tool to create images, deploy desktops, tablets, laptops, and servers. It is easy to migrate the latest OS, deploy software across hardware as well as OS and do custom configurations.
Features Of Symantec Ghost Solution Suite:
- With a simple interface, the tool is fast, easy to use and reliable.
- Saves settings configuration in the image, saving hours of manual configuration.
- Allows you to build an image library which can be used for servers, and workstation.
- Can clone a hard disk along with image deployment.
So, these are some of the best disk cloning software to create a disk image or a clone so that you never lose your data ever. What do you think of this post? Please let us know what you think about it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Difference Between Disk Imaging & Disk Cloning?
Disk Imaging and Disk Cloning are two different terms, however, are often used interchangeably as they are used for the same thing, i.e. Copy hard drive’s content. Disk Cloning is a process of creating one to one copy of the hard drive, including information that helps to boot the operating system. However, disk imaging creates a hard drive’s archive that can be then used to create a one-to-one copy.
What Is The Best Free Cloning Software For Windows 10?
If you are looking for the best free cloning software for Windows 10, then you can use Clonezilla, a disk cloning program which can be used for system deployment, and recovery. Another disk cloning software that comes for free is AOMEI Backupper, which can easily backup, sync, restore, clone your Windows system.
Is It Better To Clone Or Image A Hard Drive?
It is better to clone a drive as it will create a one-to-one copy of your hard drive, including files that are needed to boot to the OS from the drive. Disk imaging creates copies of everything present on the drive into a compressed file (large file).
Does Cloning A Drive Make It Bootable?
You need to get a disk cloning tool to clone the hard drive so you can backup and upgrade your disk. If you use the software to clone a live hard disk, the target disk is bootable. You can install any of the mentioned freemium software from the list to try and make a bootable disk.
How Do I Clone A Disk For Free?
You can use any of the freemium products mentioned in the list. Our personal favorite is CloneZilla, you can install the tool and clone your hard drive with ease.
As its name suggests, a cloning app is used to create a bootable backup of your Mac hard drive. Not only this you can use cloning apps to clone Mac hard drive to SSD and vice-versa. While there is no denying that Mac is one of the sturdiest systems in the world, however, it is still a machine and is subject to wear and tear over time. This is one of the many reasons that you need a Disk Cloning App. So, if your system gives way or you wish to transfer your data from one system to another, you have a backup to fall back to. While more the features the better it is, a few features that you must look out for in the best disk cloning app for mac are, secure, reliable, compatible and simple to use.
The Best Disk Cloning App For Mac
Keeping in mind the above features, we bring to you the 5 best disk cloning app for Mac.
1. Stellar Drive Clone
Image Source: alternativeto.net
Stellar Drive clone is one of the best disk cloning app for Mac. It creates an identical, ready to use copy of the hard drive. The Clone software creates partitions in the same way as that of the actual hard drive. The tool supports various types of cloning like, HFS-to-HFS, FAT-to-FAT and NTFS-to-ExFAT. You can take a backup of any file or folder that you wish to. That is not all, the tool can also clone encrypted Mac drives and volumes. It can clone the Mac Hard drive from Hard Drive to SSD and vice-versa. The disk image will be your savior in case you feel that there is data missing on your disk.
2. EaseUS Todo Backup For Mac 3.4.19
Image Source: easeus.com
Todo is a multipurpose tool for data recovery. The software has a Mac Clone Utility Tool which clones the hard disk bit-by-bit. This would make the process of upgrading a disk or replacing it much easier and hassle free. The tool also allows the user to migrate their Mac Data from HDD or SDD with much ease. Apart from cloning the software has other features such as, File Synchronization on Mac and Backup. The latest version of the software also supports APFS format disks.
3. Carbon Copy Cloner
Image Source: cnet.com
Mac users who are searching for image editing software need to look no further than Acorn. It is a cost-effective solution if you do not have access to Photoshop. What makes it so great is that it is quick, enjoyable to use and offers useful features. Dec 18, 2019 Affinity Photo is a past Apple Mac App of the Year Winner and the professional tool has everything you’d expect in a premium photo-editing product. Use it to edit and retouch images as well as create multi-layer pieces. The professional corrections and adjustments tools rival any other app out there and it has a great noise-reduction filter. Apr 21, 2020 Available in almost twenty languages for the Linux, Mac, and Windows platforms, GIMP recognizes almost all file formats that you'd expect from a paid editor like Photoshop including GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF among others, as well as partial support. Mar 07, 2020 It brings a bunch of great and powerful tools that make it one of the best online Photoshop like software out there. Pixlr Editor comes with support for layers and blending modes, a lot of effects and filters, a history tool and even has the healing tool that a lot of Photoshop users love using. Software like photoshop for mac. If you can afford Photoshop, it will in most cases solve your needs. Though if you are on a budget, have a philosophical preference for open source, like trying out new software, or you have refined image-building or editing needs then there are some alternatives out there to Photoshop.
One of the most popular cloning software, Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC), creates a backup of Mac OS boot drive and clones the disk. It has a simple and easy to use UI. The tool smoothly transfers files from one disk to another. The best part of the cloner is that it transfers everything block-level, disk to disk instead of file to file (which takes a longer time). The cloner also archives all old versions of files. It creates a backup of the hard drive and disk image. CCC schedules backup at regular intervals of time. For those new to the software, they have a feature called cloning coach which assists the user to make the right choices. Lastly, CCC lets you encrypt the disk and can also use it to migrate to a new Mac.
Also Read: Photoshop Scratch Disk Full – Guide on How To Fix it
An excellent app to clone Mac OS, Chrononym is a great option to backup data and clone hard drive. The app creates a backup of all the redundant and useless files on the Cloud. This also creates more space on the system. A simple and interactive UI makes it easy to use. Apart from manual running of tasks the software allows user to schedule automatic disk cloning process from time to time. One of the best features of ChronoSync is that it allows user to transfer optimized files using Chrono Agent. This software can be used for multipurpose, to back personal data like photos and ensuring the safety of important data.
Image Source: shirt-pocket.com
Super Duper is an excellent cloning app for Mac and definitely deserves a place in our list of top 5. while it does have a free version, it also offers a paid version which has exhaustive features. You can download the free version to clone your hard disk, however if you wish to avail other features like scripting, scheduling and smart updates you will have to buy paid services. It has a user-friendly interface which is easy to understand and use, even for first time users.
Must Read:Best Malware Removal For Mac
The need to clone Mac cannot be underestimated. We hope that this article could help you choose the best disk cloning app for Mac according to your requirements.