If you're anything like me, you get a veritable flood of emails every day from countless different senders: your significant other, your boss, newsletters, marketing spam, you name it. How do you sift through it all? Well, if you use a Mac, you can take advantage of Mail's built-in organization tools to help you sort through your email, from creating folders to creating a Smart Mailbox.
Here's how you can organize all of your emails using Mail's tools.
How to create a folder in Mail for Mac
- Open Mail from your Dock or Applications Folder.
Click Mailbox in the Menu bar.
Seagate goflex home software for mac download. The Seagate Drive Settings application for MacOS is included on the GoFlex for Mac series of drives. Simply double-click it to install the software. This download page provides a way to recover it if the software was deleted. Mac and Windows Users. To install the GoFlex Home on a new system, download the following software. To learn how to burn an.ISO file to a CD, see our How to burn an.ISO file to a CD article. After the CD is complete, open it on your computer and follow the software installation instructions. Note: Effective December 31st, 2018, remote access, including the Premium Service, will no longer be available. Please see our GoFlex Home - Remote Access Shutdown article for more details. After December 31st, 2018: You should not reset your GoFlex Home. For additional information about using the GoFlex Home after 12/31/18, please see our support article here. Seagate Direct & Suppliers. GoFlex Home Software. Dashboard and Memeo software for GoFlex Home - updated for Windows 8. Download the.zip file. Extract the contents. Double click SeagateDashboard1554BestSetup.exe.
- Click New Mailbox.
Click the drop-down next to location to choose where to set up your new mailbox folder.
- Click on an email account to choose where your mailbox will go. You can choose from any of your existing email accounts, such as iCloud or Gmail. Select On My Mac if you only want this mailbox on your Mac
Name your mailbox.
Software Interface Screenshot With CARD MAKER, you can easily design business card, greeting card, invitation card, holiday card, post card and more. It has lots of built-in symbols and templates to help you start, and powerful tools to help you customize your card as the way you like. Greeting card maker software free download for mac. Jan 23, 2019 Best Greeting Card Software for Mac: Make Printable Cards. We've tested Mac greeting card software for over seven years and have spent another five years researching greeting card software for PCs. Recently, we spent close to 40 hours testing these programs, and based on our results, we think Canva is the best option. Canva updates its online. Free greeting card software free download - Greeting Card Factory, Greeting Card Shop, Orion Greeting Card Designer, and many more programs. There are several sizes to choose from, including a selection of 'standard' options. Make a card with the 'poster,' 'portrait' or 'square' option for the best results. Choose from a wide selection of themes as a starting point for your design. Don’t worry if your card isn’t exactly how you want. An Automatic, Easy and Powerful Card Maker on Mac; WYSIWYG—Real-time preview with high speed. Easy enough to personalize printable greeting cards with an intuitive interface.
Mar 29, 2019 Create a new folder. Click and drag one app onto another to instantly create a folder with an automatically generated name. You can rename the folder by clicking on it and then double clicking its title. This will cause the title to change to a text box where you can type its new name.
- Mar 14, 2019 If you choose another folder as a location, a new folder will appear inside this folder. Tap Save at the top right. To keep your new folder on the sidebar, tap the plus icon near it. Select Save at the top right of the sidebar. Note: To create folders in Spark for iOS, you need the app version 2.3.0 or newer.
- Feb 16, 2009 In a Finder window, open the location where you want to create the new folder. Choose File New Folder. To give the folder a new name, select it, then click its current name. Type a name for the folder and press Return.
- On your Mac, click the Finder icon in the Dock to open a Finder window, then navigate to where you want to create the folder. Alternatively, click the desktop if you want to create the folder on the desktop. Choose File New Folder, or press Shift-Command-N. If the New Folder command is dimmed, you can’t create a folder in the current location.
Your new folder will be located under the name of the email account into which you placed it in the Sidebar.
How to sort mail into folders in Mail for Mac
There are two methods Mail gives you for sorting email into folders manually.
- In Mail, click-and-hold on the email you want to sort.
Drag the email to the folder on the sidebar.
Alternatively, Mail for macOS Mojave gives you a big ol' button to push so you don't have to click and drag.
- In Mail, click on the email that you want to sort. Optionally, hold down the Command Key on your Mac's keyboard, then click multiple messages to sort more than one email into a folder at once.
Click the Move to.. button.
Click on the folder to which you want to send the message or messages.
How to create a Smart Mailbox in Mail for Mac
If you've ever created a Smart Playlist in iTunes, Smart Mailboxes follow a similar principle. You set a series of parameters, and email that comes in that fits those parameters is automatically sorted into your Smart Mailbox.
So you can set one up that, for instance, catches any message from a set of four specific Amazon.com email addresses. Any email from those addresses heads to that mailbox, letting you successfully keep track of any Amazon order you place from beginning to end.
Here's how you set up your own Smart Mailboxes.
- In Mail, click Mailboxes in the Menu bar.
Click New Smart Mailbox.
- Name your Smart Mailbox.
Click the drop-down to choose if messages will need to follow all of your chosen parameters to end up in the Smart Mailbox, or if they can follow any of the parameters.
- Click the left-most drop-down menu to select your first parameter. This could be who an email is from, who date received, whether or not it's flagged, and more.
Click the central drop-down to select your conditional parameter. This could be 'contains,' 'does not contain,' 'begins with,' 'ends with,' or 'is equal to.'
- Enter the full or partial email address that the Smart Mailbox is supposed to address. E.g. if you want a mailbox that catches any email from Amazon, enter '@amazon.com' into this field.
Click the + button to add any additional parameters in the same manner as the previous steps.
Your Smart Mailbox has now been created. Unlike standard mailboxes, with a Smart Mailbox, you don't select a particular account with which to associate these emails. They'll catch everything that comes into Mail that fits your parameters, no matter which of your accounts an email is bound for.
Create New Folder In Mac
Great Mac Accessories
Samsung T5 Portable SSD($88 at Amazon)
This tiny, speedy solid state drive is the perfect way to expand your Mac's storage.
Das Keyboard 4 Professional($169 at Amazon)
Get your Mac a better keyboard by picking up this mechanical option from Das Keyboard.
If you have any questions about sorting email in Mail for Mac, let us know in the comments.
Create New Folder In Mac Apps Download
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.Lawsuit time
Google faces privacy lawsuit over tracking users in apps without consent
Law firm Boies Schiller Flexner has filed another lawsuit against Google. This time, the law firm has accused Google of tracking users in apps even after opting out.
*Creating a folder*
You can create folders to organize your files and applications.
In a Finder window, open the location where you want to create the new folder.
Choose File > New Folder.
To give the folder a new name, select it, then click its current name. Type a name for the folder and press Return.
If the New Folder command is dimmed, you do not have permission to create a folder inside the folder you opened.
*Changing the icon of a file or folder*
You can use custom icons for any file or folder in the Finder. You can create your own icons or download icons from websites on the Internet. Once you have custom images, you can replace icons for items.
In the Finder, select a file whose icon you want to use.
Choose File > Get Info.
Click the icon in the Info window and choose Edit > Copy.
Select the file whose icon you want to replace and choose File > Get Info.
Select the icon in the Info window and choose Edit > Paste.
Mac Create New File
Feb 7, 2009 5:40 PM