TogetherShare Data Recovery for Mac Free is one of the best free USB flash drive data recovery software for Mac. It can easily and quickly recover deleted data, and completely recover formatted and inaccessible data from USB flash drive under Mac OS. It even can help you recover lost data from corrupted USB flash drive on Mac. May 12, 2020 Visit the official download page for iSkysoft Data recovery, download the installer and install the tool on your computer. Launch it to access the home screen and choose USB Recovery Module. Now click on Start so the tool can scan the USB flash drive for deleted files. Step 2 Scan for lost files on the USB flash drive.
Last updated on December 18th, 2019 at 10:24 am
This is the reason why you must keep your data always having a backup so that you must not lose anything. But don’t be panic. If you haven’t done the backup till now, start doing it. And in this tutorial, we are providing
You must note that there are many top recovery software for Mac which are paid and free but we always recommend you to go for premium version as we have discussed in detail that why paid software is best.
Recommended: Best professional data recovery software
- Jun 25, 2020 It may be a specialised Mac recovery app, but Recovery Guru doesn't limit its talents to just Apple's file system – it's happy to seek out lost files on USB sticks, SD cards, and even Android.
- Jun 25, 2020 Piriform Recuva is a new addition to our list of the best data recovery software but has well and truly earned its spot. Although it may not have the most intuitive.
- Jun 30, 2020 USB flash drives are a great way to transfer and store information, but what happens when files stored on them are lost or deleted by mistake? When you need flash drive data recovery software for Mac, Disk Drill is your best choice. Disk Drill will scan your USB flash drive (also called a pen drive) and find files that have been deleted.
Free vs Paid software
Moreover, in free software usually, our team has noticed that most of the content, files, pictures are still missing even after waiting for so long. But in a paid version, you have to be patient in front of the screen and the result surely is fruitful. And one of the best thing for data recovery software is, they are cheaper than other software categories.
What we can recover with data recovery software?
This is one of the most asked questions from the users who are looking for data recovery software. And we can not get the specific answer anywhere regarding this. But still, files containing pictures, videos, notes, music, and other such things get easily recovered. For more detail, we have explained further in the list of best data recovery software for Mac.
How we rank the data recovery software?
We the growing competition in the market, it becomes really difficult to rank recovery software. Our team has personally reviewed, checked users reviews, compare features, ease of usage, and other factors in determining the best out of best for our readers.
If you have further queries regarding any of the below software, contact us directly. Our team definitely helps you in choosing the right one as per. your requirement.
Best Data Recovery Software for Mac
1. Data Rescue
Data Rescue hits the top o
Now let us head to
Data Rescue Features
- Advanced system scanning: Data Rescue comes with advanced deep scanning feature to ensure every data must be recovered.
- Free demo preview: Check the recoverable pictures, files, video, music or whatever before you actually purchase a product.
- Fast scanning speed: Many of the scanning related software
takes a lot of time for its completion. Comparatively, Data Rescue is much faster even while deep scanning.
- Robust file support: Data Rescue supports multiple file formats for every audio, video, file, folder, sheets.
- Duplicate recognition: Whatever you have copied stuff or duplicate content, you can get notifications.
Apart from these features, there are many other advanced features that Data Rescue offers.
Plans & Pricing from Data Rescue
Data Rescue comes in Standard and Professional version. It only allows you a free demo to preview recovered file and once you have purchased the license, Data Rescue does not refund your money.
2. Disk Drill
We must say, Disk Drill, is the perfect competitor for Data Rescue. Whatever gone missing from your Mac such as critical business documents, music, photos or videos. Disk Drill is the perfect solution. As per the user’s reviews, there are no regrets for having Disk Drill. You can recover the missing file or the complete partition with Disk Drill. It even supports in recovering the SD Cards, external drives, and lot more.
Disk Drill uses Quick and Deep scan feature as per the requirement. Quick scan brings the instant result and if still, the data is not showing, the deep scan is the way to definitely get back your data. Let us have an overview of its features. Where is software update on mac setting.
Disk Drill Features
- Recover multiple file format: It is always hard to recover some least use formats but this is not a case with Disk Drill. It supports almost every format.
- Device supported: Disk Drill, along with macOS, supports iOS, Android, and Windows.
- Ease of usage: One of the best things is the usage without any technical knowledge. Either it is a quick scan or deep scan. With one click you can do it all by yourself.
- Restore internal/ external drive: With Disk Drill, it is not compulsory to scan and restore what is within your Mac. Scan and restore data from wherever you wish.
Plans & Pricing from Disk Drill
Disk Drill comes in three plans, Basic, Pro, and Enterprise. Basic is free with limited access of usage, Pro offers you all advanced feature to recover your files without any limit for the lifetime, and Enterprise plan comes for a
3. Wondershare Data Recovery for Mac (Recoverit)
Recoverit is another popular and widely used software from Wondershare for recovery purpose. Wondershare is a
The main reason for users going for it is its security protocols and safety assurance it provides while scanning your data. The other main reason is its pricing when we compare with other top competitors. Let us have an overview of its features.
- Recover everything: Recoverit recovers your email, graphics, videos, documents, encrypted APFS, in almost every format.
- Secure recovery: Be 100% sure while using Recoverit, its strict policy assures its customers top secure without any data theft issue.
- Time Machine backup recovery: It supports recovery from Time Machine and you can easily restore damaged, lost data.
- Repair and recover: If your Mac is attacked by virus or other online threats, get back your file with automatic repair.
- Ease of usage: Just three steps involved to recover your most important file. Select> Scan> Recover.
Plans & Pricing from Recoverit
With the free version of Recoverit, you can only scan and preview your lost or damaged data and for the data recovery, you have to go for the paid version. It comes only in a single plan with affordable price.
4. MiniTool Power Data Recovery
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is safe, reliable, and trusted by millions. When we compare with all other data recovery software, it is almost same and provides all major features that users look for. MiniTool Power Data Recovery offers you the advanced feature for a search to save your time such that you hit the specific area to recover deleted data. You can specify your file, folder with different filters such as the size range, and the approximate date, and much more.
In overall ratings, definitely, MiniTool Power Data Recovery is trustable software with its smart user interface. Have a look into MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery Features
- Recover file anywhere: Now there is no limit for scanning for specific storage. If you have even accidentally deleted your Trash bin completely, MiniTool Power Data Recovery recovers everything.
- Recover Mac hard drive: With its smart deep scan feature, recover every trace of data from the hard drive in minutes.
- Safe & quick: Safely recover all your data even if it is attached by virus or other malicious attachment.
- Partition recovery: No matters, either it is partially or completely lost partition, recover it completely.
Plans & Pricing from MiniTool Power Data Recovery
MiniTool Power Data Recovery comes with flexible plans and pricing. It comes in Personal, Commercial, Enterprise, and Technician plans. Some plans give you lifetime free upgrades and tech supports on emails and phone.
5. EaseUS Data Recovery for Mac
No list is completed without having the name of EaseUS Data Recovery. We are not following the other’s list but only giving it on our list because they deserve it. It gives you easy search filters for specific search and super easy to use. You can navigate to your lost data by filtering according to the modified dates, size, graphics, location drive so that you can narrow your deep scan to save your time.
EaseUS has a very dedicated team in putting all their effort
EaseUS Data Recovery Features
- Unlimited data recovery: There is no restriction for the limit on the amount of data you need to recover.
- 3-Steps quick recovery: With just 3 steps, recover your data and restore it on your computer.
- Technical support: EaseUS has amazing technical support and we personally tested and the result in our case was solved under 4 hours.
- Recover everything: Don’t restrict your recovery limits. EaseUS recover data lost due to system errors, virus attack, hardware failure, operation errors.
- Mac data protection: Everything you recover is completely safe and protected and if it contains something unusual, you will get alert instantly.
Plans & Pricing from EaseUS Data Recovery
EaseUS comes in subscription and perpetual license. You can purchase as per your requirement. The perpetual license is a one-time purchase and otherwise, with a subscription license, you have to pay monthly.
6. Stellar Data Recovery for Mac
Stellar Data Recovery is powerful recovery software that recovers permanently deleted files knowingly or unknowingly. Even the files deleted from Trash, you can recover it using Stellar Data Recovery. It also detects unmounted hard drives for data recovery on Mac. You can recover data from Time Machine, encrypted & NTFS drives. This software is fully compatible with all the latest version of macOS.
Stellar Data Recovery Features
- Customize scanning: Set a specific parameter to search Documents, Emails, Video, Audio files, Photos if you remind them to make your recovery in less time.
- SMART Drive Monitor: This gives you real-time reporting of different factors such as temperature, drive health, and performance. This
lets you determine the health of your system.
- Clone Disk: This feature makes a replica of the affected drive so that you do not miss anything if a failure occurs.
- Disk imaging: This feature let you recover data quickly.
Plans & Pricing from Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery offers huge discounts and promotions on its plans and comes in Professional, Premium, and Technician licenses. You can either choose the yearly license or lifetime subscription. If you have regular work in recovery data then definitely lifetime subscription suits you best.
7. Tenorshare Data Recovery for Mac
Tenorshare Data Recovery is another powerful tool to recover permanently deleted stuff from your Mac. If you are not willing to spend more, then definitely this is one of the good options. It shows you a real-time data recovery preview so that you can stop the process for further scanning. In our testing of Tenorshare Data Recovery, the scanning speed is ultimate and 100 GBs of data can be scanned under 10-15 minutes.
Tenorshare Data Recovery is built so
Tenorshare Data Recovery Features
- Real-time preview: Customize or filter your search and preview them in real-time so as to track what files are already recovered.
- Advanced algorithm: Its data analyzer gives you fast scanning speed with satisfactory recovery.
- Secure recovery: Your data remain secure while recovery.
Plans & Pricing from Tenorshare Data Recovery
It is a
8. Softtote Mac Data Recovery
At the first look for Softtote Mac Data Recovery, due to its old HTML website, many users skip this software but the reality is completely different. Although the platform looks bit old the result is completed satisfied. You must definitely try this if you are looking for reasonable and affordable data recovery software for Mac.
When looking for its features, you can get almost every main feature required while scanning and recovering process. Check out a
Softtote Mac Data Recovery Feature
- Ease of usage: No complexity in finding any tool on Softtote Mac Data Recovery panel. Clean User Interface makes recovery simple.
- File classification: No more full scanning. Just classify your search and start scanning your data.
- Preview mode: Preview your file, photo before restoring and save your storage.
- Compatibility: This software is compatible with all latest version of macOS.
Plans & Pricing from Softtote Mac Data Recovery
It comes in a single plan with a lifetime license.
PhotoRec is free and open
- Free of cost: PhotoRec is completely free of cost and one of the best free recovery tool available.
- Multiple file support: You can recover your file whichever format it had. To check whether PhotoRec supports your file extension, check here.
- Device compatibility: PhotoRec is not just for Mac, but also works for Windows PC, Linux, and other platforms.
- Ignore File System: It works with every file system such as FAT, NTFS, exFAT, and others.
Plans & Pricing from PhotoRec
As already discussed, PhotoRec is completely free of cost and you just need to download it and start using it to recover your data.
TestDisk is another free and open-source software for data recovery. It is almost same as PhotoRec so you can either go for PhotoRec or TestDisk. Basically, the main purpose of TestDisk is to recover the
- Lost partition: TestDisk recovery partition across different File Systems such as BeFS, BSD disklabel, DOS/Windows FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32, and others.
- Operating System: Compatible with Mac, Windows, DOS, Linux.
Plans & Pricing from TestDisk
TestDisk is completely free of cost and you can use anytime for free data recovery.
We have tried our best for providing
I hope you find the information useful about the best free and paid data recovery software. For software recommendations, online deals, follow us on Facebook, Twitter.
You may also like:
This page uncovers 5 best completely free data recovery software for macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, older versions and morden Mac OS X, etc. All those Mac data recovery software share one commonality, they are free and useful for casual Mac users. Pick up one and let it take care of your Mac data now.
This article covers the top five completely free data recovery software for Mac, which varies from features, functions, and performance. However, they all have one thing in common: they are free.
Compare the five tools carefully, and select the one that fits your needs best.
- Top 5 Completely Free Data Recovery Software for Mac
- 1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free
- 2. Disk Drill
- 3. PhotoRec
- 4. TestDisk
- 5. Exif Untrasher
- 3-Step Tutorial of Free Mac Data Recovery
- People Also Ask
Top 5 Completely Free Data Recovery Software for Mac
When you get data loss on your Mac due to accidental deletion, partition/hard drive formatting, system crash, macOS upgrade, file system or hard drive corruption, stay calm and pick up one of the recommended data recovery software in the below for help.
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free is one of the free top and handy Mac data recovery software that enables you to recover data from the emptied trash bin, Mac notebooks, desktops, hard drives, USB drives, SD cards, memory cards, digital cameras, etc. It works on internal APFS/HFS+/HFS X drives, and FAT/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS file systems used in USB flash drives and external hard drives connected to Mac.
# 1. All-in-one data recovery software
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free is fully compatible with the latest macOS 10.15(Catalina), 10.14 (Mojave) and all the former versions. It enables all Mac users to perform a full recovery of lost valuable data in only 3 steps: Scan > Preview > Recover.
# 2. HFS+ Fusion Drive Recovery
May 01, 2019 All Mac systems contain hidden files and folders. These are often preceded by a full stop or a slash, and are kept out of sight of the user either to prevent them from being deleted because they. Use Funter to show hidden files, switch hidden files visibility in Finder, hide files, copy, move or remove them on your Mac. With Funter, you can show hidden files or hide files with just one click. The application allows you also to find any file, including hidden ones, by its name. Free Download. There are three ways to easily view your hidden /Library/ folder. In macOS Sierra Apple added a Finder keyboard shortcut that makes it possible to quickly show all the hidden files and folders. Show all hidden files mac app. Mar 21, 2018 Your Mac has a secret. Thousands of them in fact, in the form of hidden files and folders lurking on its hard drive or SSD. Don’t worry, though. These files and folders are all supposed to be there. In fact, many of them are essential. Many of these files are in your Mac’s main Library folder or in the /Library folder, which is in your. After all, these files are hidden for a reason! See hidden files on Mac via Finder. As mentioned above, it doesn’t take much to make the hidden files on your Mac visible. In fact, you can check out all of the hidden files on your Mac by following just three easy steps: In Finder, open up your Macintosh HD folder; Press Command+Shift+Dot.
The latest update of EaseUS Mac data recovery software has improved its support of Fusion Drive, which makes it work even better in retrieving files from Mac computers which are installed on fusion drives.
# 3. Encrypted Drive Recovery
Another great update in EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac is that it supports encrypted drive recovery by offering guidance to assist Mac users in decrypting and unlocking their drives with password.
# 4. Data Protection
Once the data protection feature is enabled, it will automatically back up the deleted files to a safe location. If you unexpectedly delete files and want to recover later, you can quickly restore the lost files from the created backup.
- Support to restore 200+ file types on Mac, including recovering lost Word/Excel/PPT documents, photos, videos, music files, emails, archived files, and more.
- Quick Scan + Deep Scan technology greatly enhances recovery probability.
- Real-time Preview allows you to preview found files while scanning and before proceeding with data recovery.
- No quality-loss recovery brings your lost photos, videos perfectly back in its best performance.
- The completely free version is limited to a maximum of 2GB data recovery. (The outstanding Windows data recovery free version also provides 2GB free file recovery.)
2. Disk Drill
Disk Drill is a popular Mac data recovery application developed to recover lost partitions or files from Mac internal and external hard drives. Also, the Recovery Vault and Guaranteed Recovery options in the free trial version support to monitor the file deletion activity and retain metadata so as to quickly undelete files.
# 1. Undelete Protected Data (Not Available in Free Version)
Being similar to the Data Protection feature in EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac, Disk Drill also contains an undelete protected data feature that requires Recovery Vault and Guaranteed Recovery features to be enabled in advance.
With these two features enabled, Mac users could quickly undelete files from a Trash Bin reference or shadow copy of each file to a user-specified folder.
# 2. Allocate Existing Files
When Finder fails to read data, Disk Utility reports the drive as unformatted, Disk Drill can scan the partition and retrieve data from Mac.
- Compatible with all the Mac OS X and macOS systems.
- Recover 200+ file types.
- It is packed with free and useful disk tools for all users.
- An intuitive user interface to recover lost files effortlessly.
- The free version only allows a preview of data recovery.
- Recovery Vault and Guaranteed Recovery are not available in the free version.
PhotoRec is a free, open-source program that works very well in data recovery on older operating systems like OS X, Linux, Free BSD, Net BSD, Open BSD, and Windows.
It allows users to restore most common files, like photos, audios, documents, ZIP archives, and others from internal or external devices, such as digital cameras, memory cards, USB flash drives and partitions/hard disks.
# 1. Advanced File Carving
PhotoRec first searches for the data block or cluster size. The program will quickly load value from superblock like ext2/ext3/ext4 or volume boot record like FAT/NTFS if the file system is not corrupted. When file system corrupted, PhotoRec will check the device by a sector level, using the first 10 found files to calculate the block or cluster size so as to locate and find more lost files.
# 2. Block or Cluster Level Recovery
This program will read the Mac device block by block, cluster by cluster, checking against different file signatures so to recuperate available files.
- Support data recovery cross-platforms, Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, etc.
- 100% open-source program, not only the software but also the source code.
- Nice tool to recover personal files.
- Not very user-friendly for ordinary computer users.
- Technical skills required. It uses command lines to operate.
TestDisk, like PhotoRec, it's also an open-source, freeware product that allows for multiple file types recovery.
It mainly focuses on partition recovery. It enables users to find deleted or lost partitions by fixing the partition tables due to software crash, virus attack, mistaken formatting, etc.
# 1. Partition Recovery
When a partition lost or disappeared on Mac due to corrupted partition tables, Mac users can apply TestDisk to rebuild and repair the corrupted partition table.
# 2. Rebuild Boot Sectors
When the Mac bootable drive fails to boot, it corrects problems in bootable drives that are failing to boot.
- Completely free and open.
- Runs on several operating systems, including macOS and Mac OS X versions.
- Recover lost partitions and rebuild the partition table.
Best Free Usb Recovery Software Mac 10
- Use the command line to make data recovery.
- Not user-friendly for regular computer users.
5. Exif Untrasher
Exif Untrasher is another completely free Mac data recovery tool that mainly restores deleted or JPEG files from digital cameras, external drive, USB stick, SD card, etc. You can easily download and install this software on your Mac running Mac OS X 10.10 and all the later versions.
# 1. Highly Efficient in JEPG Recovery
Exif Untrasher is a tool that mainly designed to locate photos in JEPG formats on any kind of storage device like SD card, CF card, memory stick or Mac hard disk.
External storage device needs to be mounted as a volume on Mac for the utility to access and attempt a restore.
- Simple and quick to recover lost images from the memory card.
- Free with no quantity limits.
- It is updated by the developer regularly.
- It only works for JEGP file recovery. It doesn't support extra file formats.
3-Step Tutorial of Free Mac Data Recovery
To help more Mac users to bring their lost files are soon as possible, we are here to show you a 3-step tutorial of free Mac data recovery. If you are eager to bring your lost files back on Mac or external storage devices, apply the brief and innovative EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free for help.
Remember to connect your USB, SD card, or external hard drive to Mac computer if your lost data were saved on it.
Step 1. Select the disk location (it can be an internal HDD/SSD or a removable storage device) where you lost data and files. Click the Scan button.
Step 2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac will immediately scan your selected disk volume and display the scanning results on the left pane.
Step 3. In the scan results, select the file(s) and click Recover Now button to have them back.
On this page, you are presented with the top 5 completely free Mac data recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free, Disk Drill, PhotoRec, TestDisk, Exif Untrasher. When you are facing unexpected data loss on Mac, the programs demonstrated above can help you recover lost files effectively.
What's more, if your lost data is less than 2GB, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free is highly recommended as it provides the most user-friendly interface and most powerful data recovery function.
If you simply want to restore JEGP images, Exif Untrasher is worth to try.
People Also Ask
Some Mac users may still have doubts about Mac file recovery. Here we have collected the top frequently asked 4 questions and left brief answers below. Check out and find your own answers here.
1. Is Mac data recovery free?
It depends. If you lost deleted files to Trash, you can restore them from the Trash for free.
When you lost files on a local Mac hard drive or an external storage device, if you apply free Mac data recovery software like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free for help, it's free.
If you take your computer to a local data recovery center, it will charge you a big bunch of money.
2. What is the best free data recovery software?
- For Windows users, you may refer to Top 10 Free SD Card Data Recovery Software.
The Recommended software also works perfectly in Windows OS for data recovery and you can find out the most suitable for you to apply and restore lost files with ease.
- For Mac users, as we recommended on this page, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free, Disk Drill, PhotoRec, TestDisk, Exif Untrasher are all good to help.
3. Is there any free data recovery software?
Best Free File Recovery Software Mac
Sure! Many data recovery software producers all have released their free data recovery software. Here we have collected some of them for you to pick up one and apply to guard your own data.
10 Top Free Data Recovery Software for Windows Users:
- 1). EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free
- 2). Recuva
- 3). Stellar Data Recovery
- 4). Disk Drill
- 5). R-Studio
- 6). Acronis Revive
- 7). Remo Recover
- 8). Recover My Files
- 9). Puran Data Recovery
- 10). TestDisk
5 Top Free Data Recovery Software for Mac Users: (We have uncovered on this page)
- 1). EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac Free
- 2). Disk Drill
- 3). PhotoRec
- 4). TestDisk
- 5). Exif Untrasher
4. How can I recover deleted files without software Mac free?
There are two ways for you to recover deleted files on Mac for free without using data recovery software.
- One way is to undelete files from your Mac Trash bin.
When you mistakenly deleted files on Mac computer to the trash, and you didn't empty the trash, you can undelete them from your Trash for free.
- The other way that you can try is to recover deleted files from your Mac Time Machine backup.
Free Usb Recovery
If you have the habit of backing up files on Mac computer using the Time Machine, congratulations. When you delete some of them, luckily, you can bring them back immediately from your Time Machine backup. You can follow to Recover Files from Time Machine Backup for a detailed guide.