Apple Updates IMovie App With. Make IMovie Work With Network Volumes. IMovie I Mac App Store. IOS 7 IMovie Icon For Mac By Djtech42 On DeviantArt Imovie Apple Apple Support. Explore iMovie basics with Today at Apple In this hands-on session, learn how to use iMovie to shorten and arrange your clips, and to add audio, titles, and other effects.
Mac and iOS users can use iMovie to create a cool movie. How about Windows users? Can we get iMovie for Windows to create outstanding videos easily? Of course, we can! This post lists top 6 alternatives, and you can use the best alternative iMovie for Windows 10 to create cool movies easily and quickly.
Quick Navigation :
- Mar 17, 2020 That would be iMovie 10.1.8 I believe. If you still have an older version of iMovie 10 on your Mac, then you would first need to drag it from the applications folder to the trash, but don't empty the trash, and then sign into the app store to update it from the purchases folder per the above.
- May 11, 2020 In a word, the interface of this iMovie alternative for Windows seems a little complicated. However, this professional tool is an excellent iMovie alternative for Mac OS users since it provides the best Mac-style operations and interfaces. Besides, the pro version isn't a good iMovie.
- Apr 06, 2020 iMovie on your Mac is designed to work with a wide range of camcorders and digital still cameras. IMovie for macOS also works with photos and videos from all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. And when you record 4K videos, you can use iMovie to turn them into amazing 4K movies.
- Free Download iMovie for Mac 10.14 Mojave 2020. IMovie, Apple's official video editing application, enables you to quickly create good-looking 4K movies. Professional movies and Hollywood-style trailers are at your fingertips by using iMovie for Mac. IMovie for iOS is also available, but it's less powerful than the Mac.
iMovie for Windows
When it comes to creating a movie, every Apple fan might recommend iMovie. With iMovie for iOS and Mac OS, you can create Hollywood-style trailers as well as stunning 4K-resolution movies quickly and easily.
Unfortunately, Apple hasn't released any Windows version of iMovie. Thus, you cannot download iMovie for Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
Trouble installing the skype for business web app plug-in on mac. Now I guess you might be wondering:
“Can we get iMovie on a Windows computer? Is iMovie available for Windows 10?”
Of course! The answer is positive.
There are a lot of alternatives to iMovie for Windows in the market. Today, we are going to show you 6 excellent iMovie alternatives for PC. You can choose a suitable one to create your own story. Note: all the video editing software listed below are not in particular order.
#1. iMovie for Windows Alternative - MiniTool Movie Maker
MiniTool Movie Maker, a free and simple video editing software, provides a lot of functions to help you create your own video masterpiece from scratch on your personal computer or laptop with ease.
- The best iMovie for Windows free full version offers movie templates to help you create cool video easily without watermark.
- MiniTool Movie Maker offers a variety of stylish transitions. You can insert transition between different parts to make your video flow smoothly.
- It offers a lot of fonts. You can create titles with animated text, you can add a caption to your video to make your movie even more fun to watch.
- It offers different filter effects to help you create a cool
- It allows you to save movie with different video formats including wmv, .mp4, .avi, .mov, .f4v, .mkv, .ts, .3gp, .mpeg2, .webm, .gif, and .mp3. Besides, it can help you change video resolution, and even convert video to MP3 (click Convert YouTube to MP3 to know more details).
You can read this post “MiniTool Debuts MiniTool Movie Maker, Easy-to-Use Video Editor” to know more information about the free iMovie alternative for Windows.
How to Use MiniTool Movie Maker
Step 1. Download and install the iMovie for Windows free full version. Launch it to get the following window.
Here, if you like a movie template, you can select a suitable one, and then import your files to make your own movie. On the other hand, you also can click the Full-Feature Mode option to create your own style movie.
Here, we will show how to easily and quickly create a movie without using the movie templates.
Step 2. Click the Import Media Files to import your videos, pictures and music files. Next, drag these media files to the storyboard.
Step 3. You can add transitions, texts, animations, and effects to your movie.
Here, for instance, if you want to add text to your videos or photos, you can try the following steps.
Drag and drop titles or end credits to your movie, and then modify these words to something more meaningful to you. Of course, you can add caption to your videos/photos. Here, you can check the User Manual to know the detailed steps.
Step 4. Finally, click Export button, specify movie name, video resolution and choose place to export your movie. Of course, you can export your movie to devices including iPhone, Apple TV, iPad, Smartphone, Nexus, X boxone, Galaxy Note 9, PS4, and Sony TV.
See! It is very easy to create cool movies with the best free alternative to iMovie for PC.
#2. iMovie for Windows Alternative - Windows Movie Maker
I guess Windows users have probably heard of Windows Movie Maker - a free and simple video editing software developed by Microsoft. This video editing tool also is a good iMovie alternative for Windows.
- It is ultimate in ease-of-use for video editing.
- It offers lots of different types of transitions.
- It includes voiceovers and other audio features.
How to Use Windows Movie Maker
Step 1. Download iMovie for Windows 10, install it on PC and then launch it to get its main interface.
Step 2. Next, you need to import files to Microsoft Movie Maker.
Step 3. Edit your movie as you like. For instance, you can add transitions between clips, you can add text to videos, you can split/trim video, and you can do other things to complete your movie.
To know the detailed steps to add transition between clips, you can click the Play button.
Step 4. Finally, you are supposed to save movie maker project on your PC, or directly share your movie with friends.
#3. iMovie for Windows Alternative - Shortcut
Shortcut, a free, open-source, cross-platform iMovie alternative for Windows, can help you trim or crop video clips easily via its user-friendly interface. Please note that its website is not quite as polished as other competitors’. Thus, it might take you a little while to find what you are looking for.
- It supports hundreds of audio and video formats and codecs.
- It supports resolutions up to 4K.
- It offers fully customizable filters.
- It has a multi-format timeline and all of the features you’d expect for a solid video-editing app.
How to Use Shortcut
Step 1. Download and install Shortcut.
Step 2. Import your files into Shortcut.
Step 3. Arrange files in the timeline.
App Compativel Com Imovie Para Mac Free
Step 4. Trim/crop videos, add transitions, sort out the Soundtrack, add captions and do other things to edit your movie.
App Compativel Com Imovie Para Mac Download
Step 5. Finally, share your movie.
This iMovie alternative for Windows is good at cropping or trimming videos. But it also has some disadvantages. For instance, there are no ready-made export profiles for different devices, and it lacks a lot of the flashy transitions and effects other software offers.
#4. iMovie for Windows Alternative - Adobe Rush
When it comes to iMovie for Windows 10, some professionals will recommend Adobe Premiere Pro CC. However, to be honest, almost all common users need a lot of time to study this professional yet powerful tool. Here, fortunately, Adobe released Rush, an all-new, all-in-one video editing software.
Premiere Rush CC, an all-new app for creating and sharing online videos, works across all your devices and transforms the way you create content. Feed your channels a steady stream of amazing with the all-new app.
- It is an all-in-one and cross-platform iMovie alternative for Windows.
- It offers tons of flexibility with titles.
- It allows you to create your movie on the road.
- It makes a bigger splash on social.
How to Use Rush
Step 1. Launch Premiere Rush CC, and then import files to it.
Step 2. Edit videos as you like. For instance, you can add text to video, you can arrange video clips, adjust transitions, color, size and aspect ratio.
Step 3. Export video on PC or share it with friends on YouTube.
Are you interested in this iMovie alternative for Windows? If you like, you can try its free version with 3 exports and 2 GB of cloud storage. However, if you want to enjoy unlimited exports and enjoy 100GB of cloud storage, you need to buy it.
#5. iMovie for Windows Alternative - Corel VideoStudio
Core VideoStudio is another iMovie alternative for Windows. It can transform your photos and videos into a stunning movie.
- It is perfect for all skill levels; learn as you edit and create impressive videos right from the start.
- It offers 1,500+ filters and effects.
- If provides nice unexpected features, like screen grab.
- It supports for 360-degree VR, 4K Ultra HD, and 3D media.
How to Use Core VideoStudio
Step 1. Install and launch this iMovie alternative for Windows 10.
Step 2. Import media files. Then, drag and drop your files to the timeline in the order you wish them to appear in your movie.
Step 3. Add titles, transitions, and effects to your movie.
Step 4. Save and share your movie.
#6. iMovie for Windows Alternative – Lightworks
If you are looking for an iMovie for Windows alternative for lossless cutting or trimming of a clip, you can try Lightworks. This skilled and industry standard editor is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- It gives you the best output and a good option for rotating, cropping or trimming video.
- It is specially optimized for faster processing. Thus, slow exporting and rendering of your processed video is no longer a problem.
- It can enhance your video easily because it comprises of more than 100 powerful and real-time in-built effects presets.
How to Use Lightworks
Step 1. Create a new project.
Step 2. Import source media files, and then add these files to timeline. Mac email subscription list app.
Step 3. Edit your videos.
Step 4. Export your videos.
In a word, the interface of this iMovie alternative for Windows seems a little complicated. However, this professional tool is an excellent iMovie alternative for Mac OS users since it provides the best Mac-style operations and interfaces.
Besides, the pro version isn't a good iMovie alternative because of the price. However, you can try the free version.
Now, It’s Your Turn to Create Your Precious Works
What's your choice?
Have you ever found your iMovie for Windows alternative to create your own video?
In my opinion, I like MiniTool Movie Maker because this iMovie alternative for Windows 10 is free, simple and powerful. With this iMovie for Windows free full version, I can easily create outstanding movies without any watermark. Just try it yourself. You won't be disappointed.
Should you have any other good suggestions about iMovie for Windows, please share it with us by leaving in the below zone. Thank you in advance.
Please note that no iMovie for Windows alternative can help you if you lose the raw materials. Fortunately, if you lose the videos on your PC, you can try MiniTool Power Data Recovery to recover them.