By Vernon Roderick, Last updated: July 13, 2020
Data loss is nothing to scoff at. Once it happens, you might not be able to do anything about it anymore, depending on how severe it is. However, you can always come up with a plan to recover your files as soon as data loss strikes. That is precisely why data recovery tools exist. Is there a free data recovery software?
Android Data Recovery - Easy Texts and Media Recovery 443 Reviews The Best Android File Recovery software to recover deleted photos, videos, audios, WhatsApp, text messages, contacts, call logs and documents from Android devices and SD card. Apr 22, 2020 Free to download the trial version of Android Data Recovery for Mac software on your Mac and follow the steps as below to recover deleted photos from Samsung on Mac. If you are Windows user, download the version of Android Data Recovery for Windows and then follow the similar steps to recover Samsung lost data on Windows PC. Feb 12, 2014 One reason why Android Data Recovery (Mac) stands out is that it allows you to get back Android data with simple steps: Firstly, connect Android to PC; secondly, identify and choose data type; lastly, preview and recover. And after these three steps, you can have all the lost data saved on your PC.
Unfortunately, finding that can qualify as good is very hard, especially since premium ones are often the ones that are atop. This article will show you how to look for these kinds of tools, as well as recommend some free tools for you to start with.
Part 1. How to Look for Free Android Recovery Software
Before we head to our first entry, you have to know first the things that you should be considering when looking for free Android recovery software.
Of course, I will provide some recommendations later on. Here’s a look at some of the things I’ve considered when picking them:
- Compatible with various devices. First off, you have to ensure that your Android device is included in the list of devices supported by the tool.
- Support a broad range of file formats. In addition to the device, the format of your files should also be supported by the tool.
- Capable of recovering from emptied recycle bin. Since most cases of data loss originate from the recycle bin, the tool should have the ability to recover from that place.
- Regular updates. Don’t get a tool that is bound to be outdated. Get one that updates their software every now and then.
- Good customer support. This is especially important if you’re not used to these tools. You have to get a tool that provides decent support for their customers.
- It does not require much technical skill. This is another thing to take note of if you’re not knowledgeable about these tools.
Once you have confirmed that the free Android recovery software possesses most, if not all, these characteristics, then you can be sure that it is among the best. With that said, let’s proceed to the first recommendation.
Part 2. Top 7 Free Android Recovery Software
#1 FoneDog Android Data Recovery
When it comes to effectiveness, FoneDog Android Data Recovery is a cut above the reset. It’s not exactly a tool that has tons of functionalities, but its performance compensates for it. Here’s a look at the pros of the tool:
- Zero technical skills. It is simple enough for users to operate it without knowing much about data recovery tools. Users are guided each step of the way.
- Compatible with most devices. What made it one of the best free Android recovery software is that it is usable for almost all situations. It is compatible with Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows PC.
- Supports a broad range of files. In addition to the devices, the tool also supports most file types, file formats, and file systems.
Simply put, with FoneDog Android Data Recovery, it is difficult to find a situation where it cannot be used.
Recuva by Piriform, also known as Piriform Recuva, is one of the most popular free Android recovery software out there.
Of course, there are reasons for that, and so I have tried it myself. Here’s a look at some of the things I found out that might help you understand why Recuva is great:
- Very simple. The recovery process of Recuva is very straightforward, but somehow it is much more effective than your run-in-the-mill tools.
- Fast recovery speed. Compared to your typical data recovery tools, Recuva is highly different when it comes to speed. Perhaps it is also due to the simplicity of the process.
- Additional feature. Contrary to the main purpose of the tool, Recuva has a feature that deletes files while removing any possibility of recovering it. Apparently, it is extremely helpful to others.
The only thing I found disagreeable is that it lacks features. However, since its performance is top-notch, there’s really nothing to complain about.
Iphone Data Recovery Software Mac
#3 UnDeleteMyFiles Pro
Although you can clearly see “pro” on the name, I can guarantee you that it is actually free. UnDeleteMyFiles Pro is one of the few tools that don’t have any paid version, but that’s not what you’re here for. The following are the benefits that you’ll enjoy if you use this tool:
Disk drill - free data recovery software for mac os x. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website.
- Multiple functions. Unlike Recuva, UnDeleteMyFiles Pro is very particular about the features. There are many functions that you can use. Maybe this is what the “pro” is all about.
- Accurate search system. If Recuva boasts the speed, this one boasts accuracy. It is rare for the tool to miss some files through the searching process.
- Additional feature. The disk snapshot feature is where you can capture your screen. It is an extra feature that might prove to be helpful, one way or another.
Although the search process is accurate, you don’t have the option to check the quality of each file, unlike other free Android recovery software. This is its main disadvantage.
#4 Mac Data Recovery Guru
The fourth entry is the Mac Data Recovery Guru by MacOSXFileRecovery.com. Although the name clearly suggests that it specializes in Mac, it isn’t actually limited to that operating system. It can also recover from Android devices. Here are other things you have to know about the tool:
- Specializes in Mac. Since it specializes in Mac recovery, it may not be helpful as of now. But, there may come a time when you need to recover from Mac, so keep this in mind.
- Works with memory cards. In addition to recovering from the internal storage of Android, it is also capable of recovering files from SD cards and even flashes drives.
- Extremely accurate scanning. Mac Data Recovery Guru is very particular about scanning to the point that it is willing to sacrifice speed for accuracy.
Of course, since the scanning process is intricate and goes through every small detail, you can expect it to be extremely slow as well. However, as one of the free Android recovery software, it would be worth the wait.
#5 Stellar Data Recovery
Next up is Stellar Data Recovery by the Stellar group. This is one of the best in terms of popularity, and surely you have heard of it at least once. However, although it is a popular free Android recovery software, you should still consider the following pros:
- User-friendly interface. First off, you’ll find it very comfortable when using this software especially with the intuitive design of the interface.
- Quick yet effective. Although the scanning and recovery process is quick, it doesn’t compromise the performance and efficiency.
- Advanced options. Compared to other tools, Stellar Data Recovery has surprisingly many options that will help with recovery. This allows you to conduct a highly customizable recovery.
Overall, Stellar Data Recovery is among the best free Android recovery software. What’s more, I haven’t found any cons that might interfere with the recovery process.
#6 MiniTool Power Data Recovery
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a fairly new tool by MiniTool Software Ltd. It offers very powerful data recovery, but there are some things you need to look out for. The following are the advantages of using this tool:
- Regular updates. The main advantage of MiniTool Power Data Recovery is the fact that they regularly update the software. In fact, the frequency of updates might be a bit extreme.
- Supports CD/DVD recovery. MiniTool Power Data Recovery is one of the few tools that support CD/DVD recovery, although that may not be helpful to you for now.
- Available on most operating systems. This tool can be used by Mac and Windows users, so there shouldn’t be any problem recovering your Android through these operating systems.
Although it has its strengths, it may not be very appealing to know that there is a 1GB limit to how much you can recover. This is very disappointing since the previous free Android recovery software doesn't have this kind of restriction.
#7 PC Inspector File Recovery
The last entry is PC Inspector File Recovery, the flagship product of CONVAR. There are some ups and downs when I tried using it, but in the end, it was able to qualify as one of the best free Android recovery software. Here’s a look at my findings for the pros:
- No limitations. Since it is a freeware, there are no limitations of any kind, unlike the previous entry.
- Easy to set up. Again, because of how it is a freeware, it is very easy to set it up or install. You can very well think of it as a portable tool.
However, while these two pros are the result of the software is a freeware, it has also led to some downsides. For one, it’s not getting updated as often as it did before. As such, you will find some issues regarding the recovery procedure.
Part 3. Conclusion
No matter how safe you feel right now, it doesn’t change the fact that data loss is still lurking around. This is especially true if your Android device is a bit old. It’s only a matter of time before you encounter this common issue.
That is why before that time comes; you have to make sure that you have a way to avoid that fate. With these seven free Android recovery software, you should be able to pick the one that suits you the most.
By Selena KomezUpdated on April 22, 2020
Accidentally delete data on your Samsung Galaxy phone? This article will teach you the easy way to recover lost or deleted data from Samsung phone on Mac, you can download the Samsung Data Recovery for Mac and follow the steps to restore Samsung data.
“I deleted photos on Samsung Galaxy S6, and I use MacBook Pro, is it possible to recover and export deleted data from Samsung to MacBook Pro? How to recover deleted data from Samsung on Mac?”
“Help, all contacts, messages were lost after factory reset Samsung Galaxy Note 8, how to recover samsung data on iMac?”
Many people use Samsung Galaxy S, Note and Alpha series smart phone, like Galaxy A9, A8, A7, S20, S10, S9, S8 Plus, S8, S7 Edge/S7, S6, S6 Edge, Galaxy Note Edge, Note 10, Note 9, Note 8, Note 5/4/3. Some users like taking photos by Samsung Galaxy phone for it’s HD camera. Once the important pictures lost or deleted by accident, or lost contacts and SMS due to failure Android OS upgrading, factory reset or rooting, how to recover them back? If there any way to extract Samsung phone data to Mac? Don’t worry, you still have chance to recover deleted data from Samsung Galaxy phone on Mac, what you need is a professional Samsung Data Recovery for Mac.
Best Solution: Samsung Data Recovery Mac
Samsung Data Recovery(Mac) is a professional Samsung Files Recovery, it can help you recover Samsung data on Mac without backups, no matter your Samsung data lost due to accidental deletion, factory restore, formatting, rooting, flashing ROM, or Android system crash, this powerful Android data recovery enables you restore contacts, SMS, call history, photos, videos, WhatsApp messages and other document from Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/S6/S5/S4/S3, Galaxy Note 9/8/5/4/3/2, Samsung Ace, etc.
This article teach you how to extract and recover Samsung phone data to Mac. Free to download the trial version of Android Data Recovery for Mac software on your Mac and follow the steps as below to recover deleted photos from Samsung on Mac. If you are Windows user, download the version of Android Data Recovery for Windows and then follow the similar steps to recover Samsung lost data on Windows PC.
Guide: How to Retrieve Samsung Lost Data on Mac
Step 1.Launch Samsung Data Recovery and Connect Samsung to Mac
After downloading, install and run it on your computer, then click “Android Data Recovery” function as below. After launching the program, please use an Android USB data cord to connect up your Samsung Phone to the MacBook.
Step 2.Enable USB Debugging on Samsung Phone
Follow the instruction to unlock your phone. If you have already allowed the USB debugging mode, you will see a pop-up window on the screen, mark “Allow” from this computer and click “OK”.
If you haven’t enable USB debugging on Android phone before. Please now choose either one according to system of your Android device.
Learn more: How to enable USB debugging on Android phone
1) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter “Settings” < Click “Applications” < Click “Development” < Check “USB debugging”2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter “Settings” < Click “Developer options” < Check “USB debugging”3) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter “Settings” < Click “About Phone” < Tap “Build number” for several times until getting a note “You are under developer mode” < Back to “Settings” < Click “Developer options” < Check “USB debugging”
Step 3. Select Android File Type to Scan
If done, you need to select the type of files including contacts, text messages, photos, videos, and more, then tap “Next”.
You can choose “deleted files” or “all files” in Standard Mode or Advanced Mode, and click “Next”.
You should be prompted to root the device for a deep analysis of the lost stuff. To do this, press Rooting Tools button and download KingoRoot app on a browser webpage.
Read “How to safely root and unroot an Android Device” for full tutorial.
Step 4. Recover Samsung Data and Save onto Mac
If the scanning is finished, all the scanning result will being display in detail. You are allowed to preview them one by one. After preview, you can recover lost contacts, messages, whatsapp, gallery, videos, audio and documents from Samsung smartphone. In additional,you can mark those you need and click “Recover” to save them on your Mac computer.
Well done! The Android Data recovery is truly very easy to get lost data back from Samsung devices, you can also follow the above guide step by step to get back other lost files such as office documents, videos, music, emails and more easily.
Lost data on your Android and want to extract deleted Data from Android phone to Mac? Accidentally deleted files on your Samsung phone? If you want to restore lost text messages, contacts, photos, documents from Samsung phone on MacBook Pro, just free download the above Android Data Recovery(Mac), then you can easily to restore Samsung lost contacts, text messages, call history, photos, music, videos, documents, WhatsApp chats and attached files on Mac.
Tips: If you want to sell the old moible phone, the most important thing you must to do is erasing all data permanently. However, we recommend you use this Android Data Eraser to wipe all data from mobile phone permanently before selling. After erasing Android data with this Android data eraser software, even some professional Android data recovery cannot get them back any more.
In additional,if you have buy a new Samsung Galaxy A8,and you use Samsung Galaxy phone or iPhone before, please read this use guide about Transfer Data from iPhone to Android; Transfer Data from Samsung to New Samsung Phone.
Any time a user installs a new application on a Mac, it becomes the default Mac app for that file type. Changing default apps on mac reddit. For example, PDF files open by default in the Mac Preview app.
PEOPLE ALSO READ:
Prompt: you need to log in before you can comment.
No account yet. Please click here to register.